The Thread about Something - Part 31

Options

Replies

• genabug
    genabug Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    I have looked at Craigslist, but I like bidding on things, I don't do the "buy it now" option. I like to get the best possible deal. My main purchases are from individual, but if its an item I really want at a good starting bid, I don't care if its a retailer! I don't bid on anything out of the country tho.

I made that mistake, bought a set of cell phone accessories, from china! the charger didnt work and it took weeks to arrive, never again. forgot to read where it was coming from, learned my lesson.

Thats exactly why! I have heard nothing but bad experiences from items coming from China!

I just forgot to check, and it was a Deal! I thought, return shipping would have been horrible, so just ate it. I bought an antique thimble case and a sterling silver needles case from England. I am a quilter and these two Items are very nice, hard to find here, I was thrilled with that win! I just love a good auction.

I collect hammered aluminum stuff, and vintage hankies, I won an aluminum hankie box with like 5 old hankies. I love it!
  • Tiff_09
    Tiff_09 Posts: 5,627 Member
    Options
    mmmmm potatoes n gravy :love:
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    I have looked at Craigslist, but I like bidding on things, I don't do the "buy it now" option. I like to get the best possible deal. My main purchases are from individual, but if its an item I really want at a good starting bid, I don't care if its a retailer! I don't bid on anything out of the country tho.

I made that mistake, bought a set of cell phone accessories, from china! the charger didnt work and it took weeks to arrive, never again. forgot to read where it was coming from, learned my lesson.

Thats exactly why! I have heard nothing but bad experinces from items coming from China!
    waisis.gif

Don't be a butthead!

Awwww, Max is my favorite butthead!
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of scam artists on ebay
    My mom as an ebay business...buys stuff and has tons of people paying 2-3x or more, what she bought it for
    Not for me

Potatoes are alright
    I like a good baked potato....really like the skin drenched in butter and of course mashed potatoes.....yum
    why are we talking about this?
  • genabug
    Options
    and Something is better then Nothing! :laugh:
  • czewwhat
    Options
    Ebay is capitolism at its finest, none of us think twice to pay a mechanic over inflated prices for parts in our car, or the plumber overly high prices for parts to fix a plumbing problem. If your mom 2x or 3x her money buying and selling, good for her smart lady. I feel like everything I buy on ebay has been a great value for me, I bet the lady that sold me that Fendi bag bought it at a salvation army store for $5, but I wanted it and It was still a great value for me!
  • czewwhat
    Options
    don't drop the O word, too many times, I hear it lock threads! Politics you know
  • czewwhat
    Options

Thats exactly why! I have heard nothing but bad experiences from items coming from China!

I just forgot to check, and it was a Deal! I thought, return shipping would have been horrible, so just ate it. I bought an antique thimble case and a sterling silver needles case from England. I am a quilter and these two Items are very nice, hard to find here, I was thrilled with that win! I just love a good auction.

I collect hammered aluminum stuff, and vintage hankies, I won an aluminum hankie box with like 5 old hankies. I love it!

Vintage Jewelry, Victorian especially, where you gonna find that stuff, not in Bakersfield!! Love it! I bought an old locket with baby hair in it! one of my favorites yet!
  • genabug
    Options

Vintage Jewelry, Victorian especially, where you gonna find that stuff, not in Bakersfield!! Love it! I bought an old locket with baby hair in it! one of my favorites yet!

Thats cool, I love old broochies, but I haven't ever tried to look those up, great idea!
  • genabug
    Options
    :mad:
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Ebay is capitolism at its finest, none of us think twice to pay a mechanic over inflated prices for parts in our car, or the plumber overly high prices for parts to fix a plumbing problem. If your mom 2x or 3x her money buying and selling, good for her smart lady. I feel like everything I buy on ebay has been a great value for me, I bet the lady that sold me that Fendi bag bought it at a salvation army store for $5, but I wanted it and It was still a great value for me!

I agree
    as long as everyone is happy, so be it..... tend to be a tad untrusting, and always feel someone may be out to scam me (fake product)
    The thing is that my mom buys most of her stuff from other internet websites then lists them on ebay.....good for my mom but bad that the people that buy from her aren't savy enough to look elsewhere on the net and find better deals

Bye Max..you stink

I'm outta here as well....
    Catch everyone later...have a good one!
  • czewwhat
    Options
    sometimes the search is not accurate, gotta put in Old pin or vintage , pin etc. sometimes sellers dont even know what they have so you really gotta look, but it is fun! especially when you find a treasure. I even completed my mothers Sterling silver flatware set on ebay! Doubled the size of the set and paid pennies compared to what I would have paid from international sterling company! Got serving pieces that would have cost $180 each for around $36. that was great fun and made me feel like I finally did it for her. even tho she was gone years ago, she always wanted to complete her set.
  • genabug
    Options
    sometimes the search is not accurate, gotta put in Old pin or vintage , pin etc. sometimes sellers dont even know what they have so you really gotta look, but it is fun! especially when you find a treasure. I even completed my mothers Sterling silver flatware set on ebay! Doubled the size of the set and paid pennies compared to what I would have paid from international sterling company! Got serving pieces that would have cost $180 each for around $36. that was great fun and made me feel like I finally did it for her. even tho she was gone years ago, she always wanted to complete her set.

Thats great! I am glad you got to finish that for her!
  • czewwhat
    Options
    I don't want you to feel abandoned, but gotta go feed a baby and get her down for a nap, be back in a while.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I have purchased one or two items on ebay. Not a huge fan.

Potatoes...I love. Baked, mashed, fried, hash browns, chips, whatever!! I even love baked sweet potatoes.

There, caught up???:glasses:
  • Tiff_09
    Tiff_09 Posts: 5,627 Member
    Options
    I have purchased one or two items on ebay. Not a huge fan.

Potatoes...I love. Baked, mashed, fried, hash browns, chips, whatever!! I even love baked sweet potatoes.

There, caught up???:glasses:

Hi TAM! :smooched: