The Thread about Something - Part 31

Options

Replies

• kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    I also grew up in Oregon...camping. We'd fish for rainbow trout and then cook it over the open fire.

Wow, I have rarely had fish taste better!! :tongue:

Never made it to Oregon but have caught fish at Mammoth Lakes in California, the German browns are really good trout too. In Ca. they stock the lakes with hatchery grown rainbow trout, same as supermarket. the natural fish are tastier to me anyway.

Should I mention I've never been fishing but my dad and Uncle took my hunting once when I was little
    Killed bambi right in front of my and tied her to the roof.....let's just say I didn't quit 'get it' and was a little hysterical on the ride home
    The best part was when my cousin proceeded to poke it's eyes as the poor thing lie dead on our porch IN THE CITY)
    where was I going with this?

Were you saying you are a dyed in the wool city girl! Did you eat Bambi or did someone just stuff it?

I think bambi turned into bambi stew
    I guess I'm a city girl...never been camping either....
    I like chilli though......so, I think I would be OK in Texas....Max?
    :tongue:

I don't like camping unless a lodge counts, but back to the Lobster, you gotta have it just once, Steak and Lobster dinner, It is very good, light fish with red meat, a great combo!

Surf and Turf!

Never ate either...when I was younger I was called a 'cheap date'
    and I like my chilli with beans..is that the Texas way?
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    are you a vegetarian?
  • kimber607
    Options
    are you a vegetarian?

Nope...I eat lots of eggs, turkey, chicken, yogurt, cheese etc
    Just a matter of preference, I guess....
    My family at red meat/seafood when I was younger, I was juts never interested

On that note, good-night all!
    Chat more manana

Kim
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I have had chili both with beans and without.

Chili con carne is good!!! :love:
  • czewwhat
    Options
    Max, isn't Black Angus beef the right of passage in Texas?
  • kimber607
    Options

say what?
    I forget what it's called but it's a mexican dish with rice, chicken, beans and melted cheese in a big pot
    Yummmmm
  • czewwhat
    Options

I love chili, but it does not like me, and the beans, well i don't want to fuel max's favorite subject , but cant eat them either.
  • kimber607
    Options

I love chili, but it does not like me, and the beans, well i don't want to fuel max's favorite subject , but cant eat them either.

oh no bracing myself for Max's comment
  • czewwhat
    Options

oh no bracing myself for Max's comment

sorry:blushing: :blushing:

perhaps he is away, quick say something to divert his attention.
  • kimber607
    Options
    Hey guys

Morning
    Kids up at 5:00am...that can't be legal
    I feel like crud...I don't know why but i overeat big-time last night...feel like a a stuffed whale today....still full...yuck
    anyway, clean slate today, right?

what does everyone have planned?
    I have to take my 4yr old for her check-up this afternoon..that should be fun...NOT
    At least her Dr is cute

Kim
  • genabug
    genabug Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    good morning Kim!

My alarm was blarring at 3:30, blah! Of course I snoozed until 5:23, and had to be out the door for 5:30! I hate when I rush like that! But I am looking forward to 4:30 when my weekend starts!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Good morning. :glasses:

I hate that stuffed whale feeling! :sick: How I used to do that all the time, I'll never know!! :laugh: :tongue:

I woke up around 3:45 and couldn't fall back asleep until around 5:00(I get this pregnancy insomnia sometimes). And then my DH was waking up and getting ready and then cursing and slamming stuff around by 7:00 when he couldn't find his cell phone. Lovely! :grumble:

I am taking my son to a Noon/lunch playdate thing for a couple of hours. Will be back after 2:00 my time. I will probably leave a bit early for that. They live near a Target and I need a few things. So, will probably head out around 11:00.

Packing pb&j's!! :tongue: :tongue: My fav "picnic lunch" :wink: :laugh:
  • czewwhat
    Options
    good morning, couldn't sleep myself, one more day to get to the weekend. same old thing babies and cooking today the maid comes, start the week end off with a clean house anyway.
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    Beating_A_Dead_Horse.gif <
    this is what I want to do to my stupid slow computer today.

That is all. th_smalldancingman.gif
  • Tiff_09
    Tiff_09 Posts: 5,627 Member
    Options
    Nothing special going on with me today, just happy it's Friday! :smile:
    Now if I can get through my work day :grumble:
  • genabug
    Options
    my oldest daughter never went on playdates, I didn't know anyone with kids her age. And now my lil one, I don't know anyone with kids her age! At least they both are around other kids during the day.
    Have fun!
  • czewwhat
    Options
    Any clues of how to get off a two week plateau. I'm stuck, if I starve myself any more, even my dog will hate me!
  • genabug
    Options
    I don't know how much your wanting to lose, but its been taking me forever to lose 18 pds!!!
  • czewwhat
    Options
    been here 2 months, lost 18 lbs, in 6 weeks, stuck for two weeks, 15 more lbs to go. I knew it wasn't going to happen overnite, but just stopping flat, I don't know what I am doing wrong, or right for that matter.
  • czewwhat
    Options
    Are you in the office yet Max? Ooohhhh Maaaxxxxx!!!!!!!! Topic please!!!