Replies

• lcpurser
    lcpurser Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    multipe times a day
  • NemoDog
    NemoDog Posts: 61
    Options
    Everyday in the morning as I get up...it helps keep me on track.
    I will also sometimes weight at night just cause I'm curious as to how much you lose over night lol
  • mudpuddlegirl
    Options
    I weigh-in every Saturday morning first thing. I used to weigh-in everyday but I was finding more disappointment after "feeling" like I had a good day the previous day and seeing a weight gain the next! Weighing in once-a-week has given me a sense of anticipation. It actually has made me work harder during the week and it's a nice reward to see, for instance, 1 lb lost instead of .2!
  • tinana_RN
    tinana_RN Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I aim for once a week in the morning, but I usually end up weighing a lot more frequently than that :grumble:
  • fontinathefox
    fontinathefox Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Ahem....I don't own any scales. :blushing:
  • lmd172
    lmd172 Posts: 172
    Options
    It's a morning ritual for me....I go to the bathroom. take all clothes off and then weigh myself and then start the day:happy:

this is so me! i can't help it...yet! i actually record my weight on thursdays though...
  • nikki_marie05
    nikki_marie05 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with that. I like the bigger numbers!
    I weigh-in every Saturday morning first thing. I used to weigh-in everyday but I was finding more disappointment after "feeling" like I had a good day the previous day and seeing a weight gain the next! Weighing in once-a-week has given me a sense of anticipation. It actually has made me work harder during the week and it's a nice reward to see, for instance, 1 lb lost instead of .2!
  • phillieschic
    Options
    Religiously every morning after I pee. LOL...I can't help it. I have to know!

I also don't like surprises or clowns. It's an ongoing problem...

:)
    Jennifer
  • cinnamonswing
    Options
    Monday nights, at the gym, in my underwear. I know it's better to do it in the morning but it has just become a ritual to do it Monday evening before I work out, and I don't have a scale at home (which is probably a good thing!).
  • Nikki_42
    Nikki_42 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I checked for the first 2 days ago and don't plan to check for another month or more if I can help it.

I keep wanting to do it more, but I'd just be depressed if I saw no progress and it'd be super unmotivating for me.
  • mrsrobinsonlauraj
    mrsrobinsonlauraj Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    The scales at work are only 10 ft away from my office door and they call my name but I only listen to them on Monday mornings :happy:
  • kl6gm3bz
    kl6gm3bz Posts: 1
    Options
    I weigh in every morning while I'm peeing.
  • caringforme
    Options
    In the morning, practically every morning!
  • Moin78
    Moin78 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I do it every morning. However, I think you need to be able to put things in perspective and be real about it if you do it every single day. I don't expect the scale to budge every morning, but I do expect it to be within a pound or two of the day before. I think I do it every day because I don't ever want to let my weight get out of control again like it did when I was living in Germany with no scale.
  • razorbecky
    razorbecky Posts: 134
    Options
    I weigh on Monday mornings after I pee then on Monday evenings at WW, I try not to weigh any more than that.... sometimes its tough though
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile:

^^^ Absolutely!

I took feel like it gives me a whole 7 days to work hard. The other day I made a mistake of putting my hand into a container of cashews 5 times and felt awful about it, I still kind of do. But I told myself you have (this many) days to correct it. Just eat better and work harder. When I used to weight every day and if I made a slip in food no matter how slight or small I would dread the next day weigh in and if it had even the slightest gain, it could even be just an ounce of two I would freak out and berate myself and feel bad all day. Ugh, that sucked!!!

edit, I agree seeing a bigger loss on Saturday is much better than just seeing an ounce or so lost the next day.
  • sunshine421969
    sunshine421969 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning...and at night to be honest.It keeps me in check..Everyone is different..
  • y353
    y353 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Every day I wake up, go to the bathroom and then weight myself (naked).

I had a calendar last year, that I wrote my daily weight, so I search for the last year's same weight.

Very liberating if you do this a long time, because you see the results of overeating (like yesterday) and how if you keep the plan the rest of the week, the weight disapears.

You can weight everyday, but you can't expect to ALWAYS lose pounds.
  • nanny2mommie
    Options
    i weigh once or twice a week.. first thing in the morning after i use the bathroom...
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Wednesday morning, first thing when I wake up, after my morning pee. That's my official weight.

Sometimes though, I weigh in just to see how I'm tracking. But, I don't count it, it's just for informational purposes.