Insanity, P90x, or jillian michaels body revolution? help :)

Options
laurensohn22
laurensohn22 Posts: 163 Member
Hi I was wondering what kind of work outs people are doing and about yall's results . Before and after pictures ? I also hear that with p90x you have to buy a lot of equipment ? Well I would love to know your opinion because I plan in purchasing one of these programs (can't afford all of them lol) :) any help would be really awesome

Replies

• laurensohn22
    Options
    Anybody ? :/
  • WendySue75
    WendySue75 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    MUST HAVE BEEN RESPONDING TO ANOTHER POST ... READ THE FOLLOWING..... :wink: ........I :heart: 30 Day Shred... don't find her annoying at all, she actually motivates me day-in-day-out, sometimes I forget it's the same recording as the day before LOL... I pick up something new she says every day. ... although I do cuss her out occasionally under my breath while doing certain things... but all in good fun & because she is doing what she says... "if you want to see results in 30 days doing a 20 minute workout (which actually is 28 min w/ warm up & cool down), you have to push yourself, you have to tell the body you want change." I do it in the a.m. before showering & going to work. I am a "sweaty Betty " LOL so I would not do this before bed unless I plan on showering! I think "they" say you shouldn't work out for 2-3 hours before bed time anyway... I'd say set him up w/ a mat, so he can do it beside you, depending on his age anyway, it actually goes pretty fast.... make sure you measure all over 1st... as I have not seen huge weight change, I am seeing toning... and will measure in another 9 days when I'm done, can't wait!! Good Luck!!!
  • laurensohn22
    Options
    Haha I tried 30 shred and I liked the results so that's one reason I'm considering buying her body revolution . I also wanted to learn about p90x and insanity and what people really think of the programs
  • joycemhall
    joycemhall Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I have P90X. I have a yoga mat, a set of 5 lb weights, a set of 10 lb weights and an exercise band...all cheap investments. I have lost 39 inches and 55 lbs doing P90X as one of my main workouts.
  • xonicolette
    xonicolette Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I have both p90x and body revolution. I'm currently doing body revolution but I never feel like 30 mins is enough for me so I add in a p90x workout or a different dvd i have. I plan to do p90x after i finish body revolution in may. I love both! and all I have for p90x are my weights and I bought a $30 pull-up bar. you can modify moves in p90x if you dont have certain equipment also.
  • Hayter2013
    Options
    I have asked the same question except mine is a toss up between 30DS or Xtrain one, I found while browsing on Amazon. Got some excellent 5 star reviews! 30DS had mixed reviews on there and now I'm confused! Maybe I'm over-thinking it and should give it a shot... Don't know if you're in the UK or not, but Amazon UK is selling 30DS for £5...
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    I have asked the same question except mine is a toss up between 30DS or Xtrain one, I found while browsing on Amazon. Got some excellent 5 star reviews! 30DS had mixed reviews on there and now I'm confused! Maybe I'm over-thinking it and should give it a shot... Don't know if you're in the UK or not, but Amazon UK is selling 30DS for £5...

The 30DS is a pretty good workout and it requires no equipment except hand weights (3lb or 5lb).

Level 1 starts out easy but the workouts get progressively harder as you move up... Anyway, just try it. :) It's pretty cheap so you won't lose much if you don't like it.
  • LittleD311
    LittleD311 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    p90x is a great program , and you really dont need that much equipment or space. i lost a total of 8lbs and 14 inches throughout my entire body, fell in love with the company, and i am now a beachbody coach. After p90x i did insanity, which was sooooo hard, but i got great results from it, lost only 6lbs, but 16 inches throughout my entire body. feel free to message / add me with any questions! good luck on your journey!

Dara
  • laurensohn22
    Options
    Yeah I'm leaning towards insanity or p90x lol I'm researching both more before a final decision :) which is why I am asking for help from people who have done them :)
  • shimewazaMan
    Options
    I've also been thnking about the Insanity program. I'm just skeptical of anything on an infomercial and would love to hear from someone who has used it.
  • angelic1123
    Options
    My friend did insanity and it's INSANITY haha but if you want a gurantee than for sure do it. & it's the shortest compared to a lot of 90 day programs. It's only 2 months!
  • bf43285
    bf43285 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm on my second round of Insanity and love it! I made it through six weeks the first round before an injury made me stop. This time I already know the moves and I am amazed by how I pretty much started where I left off almost six months ago. I compared my first fit test results to my third test (the last one I completed) and the numbers were very close. I'm excited about finishing this time. The first time I lost no weight but could tell a difference in toning and endurance and that was enough for me. I also followed absolutely no nutrition plan the first time and continued to eat junk because I thought I could since I was working out. Insanity is very tough but it will push you and ALWAYS give you a challenge to push further. Good luck!
  • SonicaBE
    SonicaBE Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Im doing insanity and p90x hybrid. If you want to lose weight- p90x cardio isnt very intense. I use Insanity workouts on those days...i havent had huge numbers on the scale but I tend to stay away from the scale..I rely on what my clothes and hubby tells me..Im to critical of myself. Sor far Im doing good...prob lost 10 lbs in 60 days...

I think after this hybrid is done I may try Jiillians program..but I dont really like her cockyness...Tony Horton is good and I love Shaun T...
  • TheNewo
    TheNewo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I have p90x, got weights, resistance bands, and a yoga mat. What I did not have was an hour and a half a day to dedicate to my workout :-( It's a very effective work out but you have to really commit
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Do you have a gym membership?

Pick up a copy of The New Rules of Lifting for Women...

It's cheaper :)
  • Mom2M_and_O
    Mom2M_and_O Posts: 214
    Options
    ... although I do cuss her out occasionally under my breath while doing certain things...

:laugh: Yeah, I cussed at her about day 6 into level 1 during the side lunge move. After that I had to go to the music-only option. Strangely I didn't have a problem with her chattiness during levels 2 or 3. Recently went back to level 1 after a 4-day break from exercising and once again wanted to throw my dumbbell at her.
  • Happy916
    Happy916 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm an Insanity junkie. lol I love it. I just started, but I look forward to doing it everyday. I've already seen a difference in just a week and a half. I can't wait to continue with the program. The deeper you dig, the better the results. That includes the workouts and the eating right. Good luck with whatever you choose.
  • lstrick27
    lstrick27 Posts: 19
    Options
    I have P90X. I have a yoga mat, a set of 5 lb weights, a set of 10 lb weights and an exercise band...all cheap investments. I have lost 39 inches and 55 lbs doing P90X as one of my main workouts.

How Long did this take you?
  • siloparek
    siloparek Posts: 10
    Options
    Anyone else use the free workouts on rosstraining.com? I'd suggest looking at it, first because it's free and second because it's really effective and carries the same intensity as the p90x craze (which I bought at one point, but then wasn't into it.).

I did the Magic 50 workout every other day for a week and I think it was pretty effective.

Anyways, for folks short on cash, I recommend that site.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/siloparek
  • Nichole1981
    Nichole1981 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I just ordered JM body revolution. I have p90x and i did it for about a month and a half but then life happened and I just did not have the time to devote to it. I am excited to start the JM program b/c its only 30 min a day and I am training for a 1/2 marathon so I will add additional cardio to it. We will see......
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!