Insanity, P90x, or jillian michaels body revolution? help :)

Options

Replies

• LittleD311
    LittleD311 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Yeah I'm leaning towards insanity or p90x lol I'm researching both more before a final decision :) which is why I am asking for help from people who have done them :)

I will tell you, Insanity is not the best program to start out with if your just starting your fitness journey. However, there are always ways to modify moves.
  • LittleD311
    LittleD311 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I have P90X. I have a yoga mat, a set of 5 lb weights, a set of 10 lb weights and an exercise band...all cheap investments. I have lost 39 inches and 55 lbs doing P90X as one of my main workouts.

How Long did this take you?

P90X is a 90 day program with one active rest day
  • tsmoore925
    tsmoore925 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I am wanting the JM body revolution, I have done the 30DS and now on week 2 of the Ripped in 30 from JM, She doesnt bother me at all, and I know I can handle her workouts and they work!!

Have you done any of JMs workouts? Maybe you should buy one of her cheaper videos to see ifyou like her or not, I know alot of people find her annoying so what if you spend the money for her and then cant stand her? :ohwell:
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    The P90X might be too much depends on your current fitness Level. You also might want to check out the P90 program that one is good also just not as intense not to mention you can probably get it cheap on ebay. Beach body also has several other programs might want to take a look at their website.
  • wendrz
    wendrz Posts: 118
    Options
    I just purchsed the JM Revolution and i am impatiently awaiting the arrival of all the goodies!! I can't wait to get started, so i am hoping someone on here has some good reviews and results from it!! The 30 minute workouts are perfect for my busy schedule, we will see if my body agrees with 30 minutes or if I need more.......
  • Hayter2013
    Options
    I have asked the same question except mine is a toss up between 30DS or Xtrain one, I found while browsing on Amazon. Got some excellent 5 star reviews! 30DS had mixed reviews on there and now I'm confused! Maybe I'm over-thinking it and should give it a shot... Don't know if you're in the UK or not, but Amazon UK is selling 30DS for £5...

The 30DS is a pretty good workout and it requires no equipment except hand weights (3lb or 5lb).

Level 1 starts out easy but the workouts get progressively harder as you move up... Anyway, just try it. :) It's pretty cheap so you won't lose much if you don't like it.

Do you need to purchase handweights separately or would they come with it?
  • Blanche76
    Blanche76 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I do the generic of P90X, its superme 90 & it is awesome! But I think I might have to check out this insanity workout, sounds like fun.
  • laurensohn22
    laurensohn22 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I have asked the same question except mine is a toss up between 30DS or Xtrain one, I found while browsing on Amazon. Got some excellent 5 star reviews! 30DS had mixed reviews on there and now I'm confused! Maybe I'm over-thinking it and should give it a shot... Don't know if you're in the UK or not, but Amazon UK is selling 30DS for £5...

The 30DS is a pretty good workout and it requires no equipment except hand weights (3lb or 5lb).

Level 1 starts out easy but the workouts get progressively harder as you move up... Anyway, just try it. :) It's pretty cheap so you won't lose much if you don't like it.

Do you need to purchase handweights separately or would they come with it?

nope you have to buy them yourself
  • laurensohn22
    Options
    My friend did insanity and it's INSANITY haha but if you want a gurantee than for sure do it. & it's the shortest compared to a lot of 90 day programs. It's only 2 months!
    did your friend get good results ?
  • Fiorefleur
    Fiorefleur Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Guardgirl, did you ever decide ? My husband and I have just finished the first week of Insanity. He used to be a Marine, so it came much easier to him. For me, a person who has never been athletic in my life find it highly difficult. I got through all the first week dvds and loved every moment that I could keep up, but every moment that I couldn't my thoughts were many . It isn't great to begin your fitness journey, I ended up hurting my knee, so I think I'm just going back to Jillian.

I'm thinking about Jillian's body revolution because I can keep up with her dvd's much easier.

With Insanity it was designed to be one of the hardest on the market, it's also harder because they give you a shorter amount of time, two months instead of three. It was designed with trained professionals in mind.

I found that I got more results from two weeks 30 Day Shred than I did with one week of Insanity and from what I've been told, it's suppose to be the opposite. I did put on weight with Insanity vs the Shred because you're building more muscle. Would you rather tone your body or lose the weight quicker ? That is kind of what it comes down to, to me.

I'd suggest trying body revolution first and then ease your way into Insanity.

Good luck !!
  • Makethefatcry12
    Makethefatcry12 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I am currently doing Insanity and LOVE it!!! It is awesome!
  • laurensohn22
    Options
    Guardgirl, did you ever decide ? My husband and I have just finished the first week of Insanity. He used to be a Marine, so it came much easier to him. For me, a person who has never been athletic in my life find it highly difficult. I got through all the first week dvds and loved every moment that I could keep up, but every moment that I couldn't my thoughts were many . It isn't great to begin your fitness journey, I ended up hurting my knee, so I think I'm just going back to Jillian.

I'm thinking about Jillian's body revolution because I can keep up with her dvd's much easier.

With Insanity it was designed to be one of the hardest on the market, it's also harder because they give you a shorter amount of time, two months instead of three. It was designed with trained professionals in mind.

I found that I got more results from two weeks 30 Day Shred than I did with one week of Insanity and from what I've been told, it's suppose to be the opposite. I did put on weight with Insanity vs the Shred because you're building more muscle. Would you rather tone your body or lose the weight quicker ? That is kind of what it comes down to, to me.

I'd suggest trying body revolution first and then ease your way into Insanity.

Good luck !!

Yes I decided to buy insanity:) I did the fit test and amready to stay the rest of the program. I even convinced my boyfriend to do out with me:)
  • ashleynicoleh04
    ashleynicoleh04 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I do Insanity and I love it! I am on my 2nd round. You don't need any equipment either! Just a mat if you have a hard floor. I do not have pics for proof but if you have Facebook I recommend you typing in Insanity and clicking the the group that has the registered trademark next to Insanity and click on the pictures and see the proof there. I think that will help you make your decision if you do the same thing for the other programs you are interested in. Like you, I was considering P90x but because of the equipment and money issue I have yet to get it. Maybe in the fall I will try it. For now it is insanity, the asylum and les mills pump. Hope this helps! If you have any questions just message me, or add me :) good luck on your journey!
  • 2April
    2April Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    p90x gets boring...on weight days you have to do the ab tape too so that means over an hour of working out to a video (the yoga video is 1.5 hours). I'd try body revolution and maybe add in some exercise outdoors like someone suggested.
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I just ordered Insanity after my sister told me "its so for you, you of all people will love it and you'll get the results you want". She has done it before and is doing it again and after 30 days I seen a BIG difference in her...so Im going to give it a try!! I have heard though that its not something you start your workout journey with. I'm really excited to give it a try!!
  • Twinzim
    Twinzim Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I started with insanity...it was tough but I loved it. I am a 48 year old woman with 3 kids. If i can do this workout...all you younger ladies can too! Shawn T was very motivating and I lost 10 pounds without following the meal or diet plan. I ate normally. Next I tried P90x... I found it to be too long, Tony Horten was kind of annoying and I did not like the banter he had going with the others on the DVD . I found myself not enjoying the workouts and quit and started several times before I decided to just stop all together. I do enjoy using weights and wanted to gain some muscle....I just was not into this workout.
    I went back to insanity and Then decided to try Jillian MichaelsI body revolution and will begin on Monday! I plan on following the diet to a T as I want to lose my last 10 pounds to reach my goal weight. I love the fact that the workouts are only 30 mins long and incorporate the weights....I will keep you posted!
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    Nice! Good choice. I am doing Insanity right now too. Start week 6 Monday!
  • klafrankie
    klafrankie Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am currently finishing up JM's Ripped in 30, but will start Body Revolution on May 14th. Follow my progress at my blog http://myorganicrevolution.blogspot.com/
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    I have seen so MANY AWESOME RESULTS from Insanity and P90x just go thru the feeds...OMG..Amazing...JM Body Revolution is so new and I have been following some on this workout and now on my 3rd week and I am seeing change in the body!! JILLIAN is my girl crush so of course I have done TONS of her workout and got results!!! I combo everything with the GYM so....You are on a win win with any of them....
  • yayagirl2
    yayagirl2 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am currently doing JM Body Revolution for my at home workout. I am just starting week 4. Love the workouts, 30 minutes is great and you will be sweating. Her week 1 and 2 are geared toward breaking everyone in, lower intensity, modifications, lower impact. Great for those who are new or revisiting the workout world. I also get to the gym 3 times a week for more cardio...elliptical, Zumba, Cardio kick.

Have lost a few pounds, gained incredible strength, inches coming off and have increased endurance. She is very motivating and has a good time with her staff during the workouts. Jillian is not irritating to me at all.

Good luck, slow and steady wins the race. You don't want any injuries or false expectations of how fast you should lose weight.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!