REAL MFP women, weight training Befores and Afters

Options

Replies

• amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    This WHOLE thread is amazing! Ive been wanting to lean up and get some more definition lately, and thought I'd up my cardio,but seeing this, I think I'm gonna start lifting heavier instead. My only issue is that I dont wanna lose strength at pole, and I always feel weaker after a body bar sesh. However, maybe lifting heavier and less reps will stop this happening :)

If you're lifting an amount of weight where you'll fail in the 5-8 rep range, with proper sets...your strength will improve incredibly quickly. Even on a realistic deficit.

I wouldn't recommend grabbing a pole right after though :).

Im gonna give 5x5 a go for the next 12 weeks and see where it gets me. Since I've started gaining strength with pole my bodyweight strength has increased dramatically (I can finally do those 'man' push ups). I think gaining strength like this should help, rather than impair. Im gonna see the doc on Monday to make sure my ankle injury will hold up, and start training Tues.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Do any of you other gals feel your biceps periodically? I've been flexing to make sure they're actually in there. Can't believe how hard they feel. They're still small, but definitely improving. Just need to get the extra squish off and i'll be able to see em more often.

:blushing:
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Do any of you other gals feel your biceps periodically? I've been flexing to make sure they're actually in there. Can't believe how hard they feel. They're still small, but definitely improving. Just need to get the extra squish off and i'll be able to see em more often.

Periodically?

You mean like everyday right?
  • emgawne
    emgawne Posts: 265 Member
    Options

Periodically?

You mean like everyday right?

haha. i catch myself doing this all the time. i cant help it.
  • calalily77
    calalily77 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I feel my biceps often. That sounds odd. i also am always touching my shoulders because I am actually starting to see a bit of a change in them as well. Loving it and can't wait to see more muscles.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    It was more than a few times yesterday. :embarassed:
    My husband saw me do it, and said "what are you doing? Feeling your muscles?" Then I made him grab my biceps while I flexed. Then he understood the fascination, I think.

Still, I kind of feel silly doing it, I just can't help it. :laugh:

I'm glad I'm not the only one!
  • TitanGM
    TitanGM Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m40xq0BF581qffloyo1_500.jpg

^ 220 to 170

5133274_2354.jpg

^ 171

Looking great!!! Stay that way.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I like my biceps, but I can't stop feeling my triceps and quads. :blushing:
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options

^ 220 to 170

5133274_2354.jpg

^ 171

no sorry, i plan on getting fat again ASAP lol
  • TitanGM
    TitanGM Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options

^ 220 to 170

5133274_2354.jpg

^ 171

no sorry, i plan on getting fat again ASAP lol
    Ha ha. Yeah, that was funny.
  • Glitter969
    Glitter969 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Bump for easy access inspiration
  • E_H9
    E_H9 Posts: 23
    Options
    Bump. Will look through this tomorrow.
  • Titanuim
    Titanuim Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Bump to find easily again when I need some motivation
  • CharleneExtreme
    Options
    Less of the bumping and more of the progress pics!!
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • Vodkha
    Vodkha Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    bump
  • E_H9
    E_H9 Posts: 23
    Options
    Finished looking through it. Great job ladies! Very inspiring. :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    A couple new pics. I've been slacking a bit lately (read: enjoying life and not obsessing over calories) and have gained a few pounds, but it's not something I'm concerned enough about to really make an effort to lose. Especially after looking at photos. I mean, if I compare photos from last fall at my lowest to now... yeah, I look a little bigger. But not worse.

From around the time I started lifting to yesterday:

front-update-july-may.jpg

Rear view.

butt-update-may.jpg

Back, bum and shoulders from almost a year ago to now, at the same weight.

butt-back-shoulders.jpg
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    LorinaLynn, You look awesome. In a non creepy nonperverted way your bottom ...... WOW!!! i hope to tone mine up . I have so much fat back there ((sigh))). So It will be a while.
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    LorinaLynn, You look awesome. In a non creepy nonperverted way your bottom ...... WOW!!! i hope to tone mine up . I have so much fat back there ((sigh))). So It will be a while.

Lol,I was going to say the exact same things. Damn that's some lift!!x