What Do You Do For the Occassional Sweet Tooth?

Options
Every once in a while I really want something sweet. I've never really been a fan of chocolate. I absolutely love fruity candy like Twizzlers, Gummy Worms, Runts, etc.

What are some of the low calorie sweets you use to curb your cravings?

Replies

• SuzieZimm
    SuzieZimm Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I keep sugar free Popsicles and NSA Fudgesicles in my freezer. The popsicles are 30 calories for 2, and the fudgesicles are 80! And since they take little while to eat, they're more satisfying, to me.
    Plus, it's getting warmer out, popsicles are mandatory!!
  • sarah_ep
    sarah_ep Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Fruit
  • SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    /shrugs....

<---- See pic

I eat twizzlers....I cant deny them....I just dont eat the whole bag
  • kimmiet70
    kimmiet70 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have been doing the 45 calorie weight watchers fudge bars...or the skinny cow chocolate dream clusters..yum yum
  • sandradaisy
    Options
    I have two pieces or Hersheys special dark chocolate every evening...Love it...knowing I can have this every night makes me stronger all day. I just add it to my calories every morning so its already figured in.
  • kimmycj13
    kimmycj13 Posts: 23
    Options
    Usually fruit...bananas and pineapples help me a lot.

Although since it is girl scout cookie time I have been bad :-(
  • foxydell
    foxydell Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yoplait Greek Yogurt (Honey Vanilla) with some blueberries, or a stick of gum.
  • mandie0378
    mandie0378 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    /shrugs....

<---- See pic

I eat twizzlers....I cant deny them....I just dont eat the whole bag

I made the fatal mistake of trying Red Vines. THAT will not happen again! lol
  • Monkeymomma05
    Options
    A friend told me about grabbing your favorite yogurt in the individual size and pop them in the freezer and when you get that sweet craving grab one of those. It takes a while to eat due to they are frozen solid and by the time you get through half of it your craving is generally taken care of.

Hope this helps!
  • dcgonz
    dcgonz Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Protien Fluff! It's awesome and good for you. I cut down on the amount of fruit I put it though and don't eat a whole serving from the recepies. I use Truscience Chocolate/Banana Protein Powder.
    http://www.proteinfluff.com/

diana
  • Woolooloo
    Woolooloo Posts: 82
    Options
    Trader Joe's vanilla meringues. Eating one (<30 cals) is usually enough to take the edge off. Cheap too, $3 for a container of them that goes stale before I finish eating them.
  • Zalovar
    Zalovar Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    For me its not so much about low calorie as it is about small portion. I keep a supply of those dove chocolate squares and Starburst fruit chews in a container far way from anywhere that could be considered a lounging area (couch, computer area, etc). So, when I want something sweet, I have to get up and go over there. The nice thing about having those small snacks is that it is much easier to portion out a little so I usually have 2 or so instead of a whole candy bar, bag of chips, etc. For me, it works great because it keeps me from oversnacking.
  • ahealthy4u
    ahealthy4u Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    3, 2, 1 Cake a friend of mine told me about it and it is simple and easy and when I want something sweet I mix a batch up it is so easy to make.
    Ingredients:
    1 box Angel Food cake Mix
    1 box any other type of cake Mix (such as chocolate, Strawberry, or maybe you like carrot cake or German Chocolate)

Mix both cake mixes together in a large container or plastic bag mix up. Take 3 tablespoons of cake mix, add 2 tablespoons water, microwave for 1 minute and there you have an instant little cake you can add frosting or cool whip on top if you like.
  • GingerJoScott
    Options
    I'll do sugar free pudding, chocolate and vanilla, or I also do black cherry jello! My Lord they both help! Good Luck!
  • TeutonicKnight
    TeutonicKnight Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon, 1 teaspoon of honey with 8 oz of filtered water. It suppresses my sweet tooth and is only 23 calories!
  • kfurgal6502
    kfurgal6502 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I also would have 2-3 special ldark hersheys, bite size. they are good for a crave, and they are also good for the heart.
  • RachelVon
    RachelVon Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    banana with sweet spread on it, whether its biscoff cookie spread (88 cal / TBSP) and/or dark chocolate almond spread! (90ish cal/TBSP)
  • kimmycj13
    kimmycj13 Posts: 23
    Options
    I love this idea!!!
    3, 2, 1 Cake a friend of mine told me about it and it is simple and easy and when I want something sweet I mix a batch up it is so easy to make.
    Ingredients:
    1 box Angel Food cake Mix
    1 box any other type of cake Mix (such as chocolate, Strawberry, or maybe you like carrot cake or German Chocolate)

Mix both cake mixes together in a large container or plastic bag mix up. Take 3 tablespoons of cake mix, add 2 tablespoons water, microwave for 1 minute and there you have an instant little cake you can add frosting or cool whip on top if you like.
  • sunnyrunner77
    sunnyrunner77 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Gum for when I just think I'm hungry. I keep a stash of Hershey nuggets in my desk at work, 50 cals each, and it curbs my sweet/chocolate craving. I get these all natural fruit popsicles at Sam's Club called Chunks 'o' Fruta, less than 140 each and YUM.
  • hdtoolgirl
    hdtoolgirl Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Yoplait Smoothies!! Chocolate Banana with a tablespoon of Better'n Peanut butter!! mmm!