What Do You Do For the Occassional Sweet Tooth?

Options

Replies

• Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate. nom nom nom
  • midnightryder
    Options
    Umm, let's see.....bomb pops (40 cal each), PB&J (300 cal), Nature Valley granola thins (80-90 cal each depending on which one), Blue Bunny Sweet Freedom ice cream bars (90 cal each), Mayfield Orange cream pops (90 cal each), yogurt (80-100 cal depending on brand), applesauce (90 cal), fresh fruit (usually less than 100 cal & good source of fiber), and anything else I find in the grocery store that looks good & is somewhere in the 50-150 cal range.
  • sunnyrunner77
    sunnyrunner77 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    The 3-2-1 cake is awesome. I usually do chocolate cake, with a tsp of peanut butter and a tsp of chocolate frosting. It's sinful, but about 150 calories.
  • krisrpaz
    krisrpaz Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    If I want hot, a cup of blueberry tea with whipped cream.
    If I want cold, sugar free Jell-O cup with whipped cream.

I really like whipped cream. 15 calories for 2 tbsp. You can't beat that.
  • ackersb
    ackersb Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Chocolate milk or chocolate peanutbutter smoothies (banana, chocolate, gresh ground PB, almond milk) YUM!
  • tbellamy1
    tbellamy1 Posts: 353
    Options
    HELLO MY NAME IS TAMIKA AND IM A CHOCOHALIC!! To calm my cravings I use a chocolate protein shake, fiber one bars with chocolate (the fudge brownie is HEAVENLY) and on occasion skinny cow chocolate candy bars they are about 110 cals. It helps and I dont feel guilty.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I eat it.....just eat less of it. 1 scoop of ice cream instead of 3-4.........or have frozen yogurt instead.........At Cicis, 1/2 slice bavarian, 1/2 brownie and 1/2 cinnamon roll instead of 4 bavarian, 2 brownies, 2 cinnamon rolls......etc.

It's because of this I haven't opened the box of Samoas my wife ordered me because I can't eat just one. ;)
  • tam120
    tam120 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    My husband brings me a tiny Heath bar from work a couple days a week, I never know when, so it's a surprise.... sweet in more ways than one.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I usually just have whatever it was I was craving.

My default "sweets" are fruit, hot chocolate or dessert-y tea with a splash of milk. (I really like sweet-tart fruit flavors)

I tend to buy a few clif kids fruit twists or the fruit roll-up brand fruit twists. These remind me of sour patch kids.

Or I just have the sourpatch kids, scones or whatever else.

I made a pact with myself, I can have a belgian waffle/scone/or sesame balls for breakfast on every saturday if I walk the 2 miles round trip to the farmer's market or walk to the gym after. :)
  • ebonaskavi
    ebonaskavi Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I keep hard candies around. They take a little while to eat but are really sweet. I also allow myself a can of diet soda every day--fresca is my favorite.

Honestly though, I find that denying myself what I'm craving is like asking myself to binge in the future and majory back track. So if I feel like ice cream, I go get a cone. If I want some starburst I get some. I just make sure that I honestly track the calories. Maybe it means that I need to take an extra walk in the evening or eat a little less for dinner. I try not to keep the bad stuff in the house. I have to want it enough to leave and get it. It doesn't often happen that I want it that bad.
  • ackersb
    ackersb Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Every once in a while I really want something sweet. I've never really been a fan of chocolate. I absolutely love fruity candy like Twizzlers, Gummy Worms, Runts, etc.

What are some of the low calorie sweets you use to curb your cravings?

That's a tough one! There are sugar free candies out there, but they aren't nutritious and can be hard on the tummy! If you are craving pure sugar, there is a suppliment called gymnema (sp?) that works wonders!
  • mandie0378
    mandie0378 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Getting great ideas everybody! Thanks!!!
  • nasja1984
    nasja1984 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Fage 0 greek yogurt then I douse it with stevia or sweetner and add vanilla or a TBS of cocoa powder (10 calories). or I make a smoothie with frozen berries 1/2 banana and douse it with stevia or equivelent and freeze it and eat it like ice cream. I usually use almond milk or fat-free cow milk depending on how many calories I want it to be
  • sunnyrunner77
    sunnyrunner77 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    The 3-2-1 cake is awesome. I usually do chocolate cake, with a tsp of peanut butter and a tsp of chocolate frosting. It's sinful, but about 150 calories.
    I lied. With PB and frosting, it's closer to 200. But still. It's cake. =)
  • BlessedandBeautifulBrown
    Options
    yummy dried fruit or sugar free candy or pudding if i need some chocolate
  • lifestylechallenge
    lifestylechallenge Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I usually buy the 100 calories oreo cakesters, or any 100 calorie item to deal with my need for sweets.
  • nasja1984
    nasja1984 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I used to have a bad sweet tooth, I no longer crave candies and chocolates but I think it's because I totally cut it out of my diet and they say that if you can do it for a few weeks, it becomes a habit.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I typically find a way to fit real sweets into my diet.

If for some reason I don't have the calorie space for it, I'll have protein fluff, or frozen fruit.
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    All fruit frozen bars only 45 calories per bar. Just beware, everyone will like them so every time I go to have one, they are usually gone.
  • adamb83
    adamb83 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I have two pieces or Hersheys special dark chocolate every evening...Love it...knowing I can have this every night makes me stronger all day. I just add it to my calories every morning so its already figured in.

This! I have two Hershey's Special Dark kisses or Air Delight Kisses (25-30 cals each).