Greek Yogurt Addiction o_O

Options

Replies

• LPCoder
    LPCoder Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Did you know that if you take your favorite regular yogurt and filter it using a coffee filter placed in a strainer for an hour or so, you make Greek yogurt? This doesn't work on the flavored yogurts, but if you buy the plain and then sweeten with stevia flavors, or just add your favorite jelly or honey, it tastes great!
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Chobani raspberry with vanilla protein powder every day for breakfast. YUM!

I'm going to have to try that. My favorite is Chobani black cherry with chocolate protein powder :)
  • tabithaanne
    Options
    Chiobani plain yogurt w/

1 tbs. Natural Peanut Butter and a little Truvia (tastes like peanut butter pie filling) or
    1/2 -1 cup of cereal depending on calories
  • moran1917
    moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    president's choice strawberry....so yummy and i think the creamyist one on the market.
  • bananayumboat
    Options
    omg its unbelievable creamy--- feel guilty for eating it!!!! but its oh so good tasting and so good for yoU! LOVE
  • Cris_D
    Cris_D Posts: 1
    Options
    Fage 2%-- plain.. i like eating it for breakfast with 6 or 7 mini wheat biscuits or with some fresh berries and a tablespoon of grape nuts cereal
  • cfoster629
    Options
    I just tried Chobani last week and LOVE it!! I'm trying to get my hubby to switch. I think all the flavors are great but haven't tried them all yet. Passion Fruit was crazy good, almost too sweet but the creaminess helps!
  • PixelTreason
    PixelTreason Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Chobani plain nonfat with my own apple slices and cinnamon. Wow!
  • turbophoenix
    Options
    Chiobani plain yogurt w/

1 tbs. Natural Peanut Butter and a little Truvia (tastes like peanut butter pie filling) or
    1/2 -1 cup of cereal depending on calories

OMG, I think I might have to eat this tonight - sounds so yummy!
  • iamfranniefierce
    iamfranniefierce Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Chobani honey...I make a banana smoothie with. Just the yogurt, one cut up frozen banana and about a 1/4 of water and blend. Yummy!
  • gehlerc
    gehlerc Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I, too, am "addicted" to Greek yogurt, and my favorite is Fage Total 0% plain--mixed with fresh fruit and a bit of splenda, and also used everywhere in place of sour cream.

Here's good news for all of us: According to _The Lean Belly Prescription_, by Dr. Travis Stork, "Harvard Medical School researchers found that people who ate three servings of dairy foods daily (containing 1,200 mg of calcium) were 60 percent less likely to be overweight than people who consumed less. And a study in 'Molecular Systems Biology' found that yogurt-based bacteria can also reduce the amount of fat the body can absorb during digestion." He goes on later to state, "A University of Tennessee study found that people who added three servings of yogurt a day to their diets lost 81 percent more belly fat over 12 weeks than those who didn't eat yogurt! Just beware of the ones with tons of added sugar!"

I've just recently started reading this book (recommended by a friend who's had success following the plan), and I'm planning to up my consumption of yogurt. Easy to do, since I love it so much!
  • jenaissance
    jenaissance Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I don't have a favorite brand, but I LOOOOOVE vanilla honey flavor. I eat it almost every day (as dessert!)
  • boogiewoman1
    Options
    all of them! Does anyone know if they make a "light" version? That is a lot of calories. I love it though
  • katy4399
    katy4399 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    BUMP for later :)
  • misschoy
    misschoy Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    fage with cherry! SOOOOOO good, then chobani is up there next --- any flavor.
  • misschoy
    misschoy Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    all of them! Does anyone know if they make a "light" version? That is a lot of calories. I love it though

They actually aren't too high in calories considering the protein content. and nearly all of the are fat free.
  • gailashton
    gailashton Posts: 292
    Options
    Oikos black cherry is my fav, but also love plain and just about every other flavor. OMG yummy.....
  • KF1216
    KF1216 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Aww, no Cabot fans?? I could be a little biased (my dh works there, and I do believe the marketing team would be sad to hear they aren't being talked about more!) but Cabot Greek Yogurt is fabulous!! The vanilla is my favorite, followed by blueberry as a close second. YUM!

oh, and if you freeze the vanilla (or probably any flavor, but I've so far only tried vanilla) it tastes like yummy icecream....mmmm)

this picture was from the taste test we did last week when he brought home all the flavors for us to try out:)
    423297_10150635295247572_505852571_9318971_828957576_n.jpg
  • EmilyDuby
    EmilyDuby Posts: 67
    Options
    I buy the Price Chopper brand in plain and its my breakfast every day! No additives, I'm a wierdo who loves the stuff plain!
  • nasja1984
    nasja1984 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Fage 0 for me....