Athiest? Any Athiests?

Options
1235»

Replies

• dan95130
    dan95130 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I keep an open mind about God but all of God's self appointed spokesmen are full of beans.
  • YassSpartan
    YassSpartan Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    It is funny how you mention this thread will be locked soon, yet you didn't say the same thing at the Christians thread.... *le sigh*
    The only reason I said it here was because of how quickly the other one got locked today. I don't think I said anything rude here at all.

Oh I wasn't trying to say you were rude. I was just making reference about how threads about Christians no one ever says anything about it will be locked, but as soon as someone says atheist, someone always posts about saying bye bye to the thread. This time it was you, but trust me, it was just an observation.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Oh I wasn't trying to say you were rude. I was just making reference about how threads about Christians no one ever says anything about it will be locked, but as soon as someone says atheist, someone always posts about saying bye bye to the thread. This time it was you, but trust me, it was just an observation.
    Most of the Christian ones I see do get told it will be locked. Then, of course, there's the fun bashing/ridiculing of Christianity before it does. My point is that in both cases, the person looking for like minded friends can respectfully be directed toward the groups without others insulting their beliefs/non-beliefs. I wouldn't like it if a Christian commented in here saying something ugly about atheism anymore than I like seeing Christianity ridiculed.
  • RainAndPain
    Options
    *raises hand* (:
  • MissLuana
    MissLuana Posts: 356
    Options
    God doesn't believe in atheists...:laugh:

Good one!
  • usedasbrandnew
    usedasbrandnew Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    One more for Team Heathen!

HAHA! I have "Heathen" tattooed on the back of my neck. :D
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    What up??

=D
  • LisaMarieMcFIT
    Options
    Atheist, but yep :)
  • kari574
    kari574 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Why would religious preference make a difference here?

why dont you say the same in the threads looking for other christians?
    I'm not sure that's what they meant...

Ive just noticed that everytime there is an athies thread someone always comes in with BLAH BLAH BLAH this is a fitness site BLAH BLAH BLAH,but I never see that happen on a christian thread. That what i thought they were doing
    LOL gotcha
  • sanjoparolas
    sanjoparolas Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I keep an open mind about God but all of God's self appointed spokesmen are full of beans.
    [/quote
    I love this comment!
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Add another one to the list.

I was raised christian and enjoyed the sunday school, choir and bell ringing but in my teens I started thinking for myself.:bigsmile:
  • geezer99
    geezer99 Posts: 92
    Options
    I do not believe in God, but I do believe that God will send me to hell for saying so. Look for me on the third bar stool from the left -- I'll be drinking Miller Lite, because, after all, it is Hell
  • Sascha
    Sascha Posts: 204
    Options
    Hi folks,

We are locking this thread according to these guidelines:

"Divisive Topics Are Better Suited For Groups, Not the Main Forums

Divisive topics, particularly those that seek input from or are relevant only to a select group of users, are better placed within an appropriate Group rather than the Main Forums. For example, topics relevant to only one religion should not be placed on the main forums but rather within a group related to that religion. We reserve the right to move any topic to a relevant public Group which interested members may join if they wish to continue to participate."

Unfortunately, in the past we've seen over and over again that any topic asking for participation from only one religious (or non-religious) part of the community inevitably leads to personal attacks and insults. This is why we've put this rule in place. However, if you are looking for other atheist members, we have many atheist groups that you can join where you can meet and chat with other atheist members.

Here are some group suggestions:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/3964-atheists-on-mfp
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/104-evil-incarnate-aka-mfp-atheists
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/26-atheism-agnosticism

Hope this helps!

Thanks for you understanding and cooperation.
    Julie
    MFP Staff
This discussion has been closed.