What's going wrong? I need help.

Options
2»

Replies

• jaabee11
    jaabee11 Posts: 322 Member
    Options

if you are already on 109.3, how much more are you trying to lose?

In the last 10lbs you should change your settings to losing 0.5lb per week.

That's kilos. I want to be about 60 kilos eventually.
  • juliekaiser1988
    juliekaiser1988 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Rather than cutting carbs and increasing protein, focus on a balanced diet and increase nutrient dense foods such as vegis.

I hope we can agree to disagree here. The carbs she needs to cut are all those refined sugars (candy) on her diary. So, yes- in my opinion she really needs to cut carbs and increase protein.
  • jaabee11
    Options
    I saw a lot of sugars in your diary. Get the same calories, but more protein, less carbs (refined sugar). Just a thought :)

yep, you're right, I need to work on healthier food, just getting the calories right isn't enough now it seems.
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options

if you are already on 109.3, how much more are you trying to lose?

In the last 10lbs you should change your settings to losing 0.5lb per week.

That's kilos. I want to be about 60 kilos eventually.

Doh! should have paid more attention. :)
  • AdamBellfpt
    AdamBellfpt Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I think you need to look at what exactly you are eating and the times you are eating! Are you eating small and often or the typical 3 meals a day? I have found that often small and often works so much better! This is because you are maintaining a high metabolic rate for longer and won't get as many drops in metabolism.

It's good you are trying to increase protein, and have lowered carbs, how much fat are you eating? Also do eat a lot of processed food? If so, it can often affect weight loss because of the salt and preservatives! How much water do you drink?

Finally do you do any exercise?

A slightly different note, try not to weigh in everyday! As your body constantly changes and there are periods when you weigh more and less in a 24h cycle. The advice I give is try not to weigh yourself more than one every 2 weeks, but I get this is hard for
    Some people so try going back to once a week.

Hope that all that helps a bit, feel free to adds me if you want!
  • chazbo35
    chazbo35 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Here's just a couple of ideas. First, If you've been going to the gym regularly for a while take a week off or even two. Stick to your cals as close as possible and eat clean. After that week or two off go back to the gym and start trying to incorporate more high intensity exercise. If your spending more than an hour to an hour and fifteen minutes your not getting quality exercise. You should never spend 2 hours in the gym. Thats not the answer and usually means if you last that long your not challenging yourself enough. I know that I was stuck in that rut too before and think more time spent in the gym the better but not always true. Since Ive started challenging myself again, Im starting to see that scale move once more and thats what its going to take, especially as the weight comes off. Heavier strength training works well too, but be careful with that. Good luck in all you do =)
  • jaabee11
    Options
    Jaabee11, what kind of exercise are you doing?

I go for walks, use Wii Fit Plus ( 30 min to an hour) , Wii sports & have just done the first week of c25k. I start week 2 on Monday. I have just bought a elliptical , should have that happening very soon. I haven't been doing any strength, wasn't really sure what that was but have been looking it up after a few answers here. I did go back to water aerobics 2 weeks ago but my board shorts fell down in the water! oops , 2 sizes too big now. I haven't manged to get a new pair yet. I also got a nasty cold from the pool so haven't been back yet.
  • Prettypiglett
    Prettypiglett Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I was stuck for about 4 weeks. I did some research on the net , read a lot of stuff and here is what I did. I increased calories, didn't make sense to me but it worked. I had been eating 1200 calories a day and I increased it to 1390. And I added strength training to my cardio workout. I now do rowing machine and ab lounger as well as walking and yoga. It did work. I started losing again. Hope this helps.

I am so glad you posted this ...and I found it! This is me!!!! I have been told on here to increase calories and am being reluctant to do it ....it seems weird to have to add calories to lose the weight, but have done lots of reading on Bmr, tdee, rmr now and realise I am well below the intake I should be! Here goes!