Sisterhood of Holy Crap I fit into these Pants -- Week 18

Options
Hello everyone!
Welcome to week 18! Does anyone have any ideas for this week's challenge? Remember, the scale can't steal your self-esteem!!!!:bigsmile:

Replies

• sudzie88
    sudzie88 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    woooo i maintained! last week was a nightmare with graduation and all... soooo :happy: :happy: :happy:

and here was the idea i posted last week:

Also, i have only been here a few weeks, so i am not sure if you all have done this, but how about a fruits and veggies challenge? i have been eating a lot more and it just fills you up! how about trying to get in the suggested 5 servings a day every day (and, thus, hopefully being fuller and not snacking unhealthily during the day). what does everyone think?
  • Livi_Loves_Pink
    Options
    I think a fruit and veggies challenge is great. I don't know if I could get 5 servings a day of fruit though, because we don't really have much fruit in the house (money). All we have at the moment are apples and bananas. Would I have to eat three bananas and two apples (or vice versa)? I don't think I could do that every day...Or would a whole banana count as more than one serving?

I didn't do the crunches callenge last week. :frown: Darn cold. I'm just now getting over it. :grumble:

I am, however, going to make myself do it this week, as well as whatever new challenge we have.

I did lose 2 pounds last week though. Which brings me to 191 and 38 lbs total lost. Almost to my halfway point. :happy:

Sometimes I feel like I haven't lost enough weight in the time that I've been trying. Only 38 in about a year. I know falling off the wagon at Christmas didn't help. But you know, if I only lose another 38 by next year I'll practically be at my goal (though I'm gonna try for sooner). I can live with that.

Hope everyone had a good week!
  • pepamint83
    pepamint83 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    ok so today is the big day last day of 1st yr of grad school and my presentation after that i can breath the stress (weight and all ) hopefully will go away and i can get back to weighing in with my peeps....i also will be uping my exercise cause ill b a bum this summer

good luck everyone tom

xoxo

tortoise

ps did my sit ups ne one know how i can get a situp ticker?

wat about we all do 1 type of cardio or strength we dont usually do?

or 100 sqauts to get our butts nice for summer
  • PunkinHeadsMOMMA
    Options
    I vote for the fruits/veggies challenge. I'm horrible at getting all mine in. Seems like I come home with a bunch and we go through them so quickly, so they don't spoil, then there's none left till I get to the store again! Oh well, it'll be good cuz I'm tryin to get the munchkin to try more veggies too.
    I'm sorry I've been MIA so much lately, just been busy with freakin cows and graduations. I'm hoping to get outside and plant some flowers, so that won't help either. My exercise and eating have been pretty crappy lately. I started the couch to 5K, and need to kick myself in the butt to continue. I know it's an excuse, but I hate running by myself. Not because I get bored, but cuz I'm a huge chicken liver :embarassed: due to the type of critters we have practically right outside our doorstep. i.e. bears and mountain lions.:noway: I don't mind it if the hubby is home, but I'll still take the dogs with me. Anyway, just thought I'd share my excuse with you.:laugh:
    Congrats to the maintains and lost pounds!
    Ari-- for any type of ticker, go to tickerfactory.com you can set up an account, make your own tickers, and then go back and change them and they update here automatically!:wink:
  • thompsons81702
    thompsons81702 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    OK I am weighing in 1 lbs down. SO I am back where I was since last week I had gained 1 lb due to AF visiting. I like the fruit and veggie challenge. I usually eat more than my alloted but I think so many people do not get enough. It is great cause they fill you up and are pretty low in calories.
  • pepamint83
    Options
    fruit and veggies arent my problem in fact they r my fav and i get them in every day more then my share lol so instead of me doing the challenge how bout i be jillian and bob the coach and help when u need it - i have loads of recipes if u need them :flowerforyou:

tonight 9 pm eastern time its all over presentation 1st yr grad school stress and ill b back to full form with u all

let me know if u want my help with this weeks challenge.

xoxo

snail aka tortoise aka ari aka ariella
  • kimlee
    kimlee Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I like the thought a fruits/veggies challenege. It is something that I have not been very good at in the past - I am all for it.

I weighed in at 136.2. Already had a bananna and some kiwi today, so I am halfway thru my 5 recommended servings. :-)
  • sudzie88
    Options
    ari - care to share some of those recipes??? im intrigued :)
  • rosabella
    rosabella Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm BACK!! Wooot! :happy: I've missed you guys.

Fruits and veggies sounds like a great challenge. Here is a little info about the fruits and veggies serving sizes for those who are wondering:

http://nutrition.about.com/od/fruitsandvegetables/f/servingfruit.htm

And I just finished some yummy strawberries!! :laugh:
  • Livi_Loves_Pink
    Options
    Thanks for the link rosabella! It cleared up some questions for me.
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I maintained again this week, but I am happy, because it's been a crazy one for me! I managed to go to step class and play racquetball with my husband, and then tried to do P90X with him later on in the evening... My body just crashed on me. I am still on antibiotics, and am trying to kick this junk out of my system, but I think I just over-did it.

I am sooooo up for this challenge! Produce is much better here in Alaska during the summer time, so I've just stocked up! Yay! And I'm still trying to keep up with the water challenge that Christina gave us a couple weeks ago... I think it'll help!
  • pepamint83
    Options
    ari - care to share some of those recipes??? im intrigued :)

absolutely but first may i just say:

I'M DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAPPY DANCE :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

OK i have a zucini lasagna recipe that is incredible it uses zucini instead of noodles

theres low carb pizza had it yesterday yummy - 1 tablespoon olive oil on pan (i do this instead of the spray for this cause it makes the whole wheat wrap feel and taste just like the pizza) whole wheat wrap with 2 tbsp tomato sauce then i put red onion and fresh garlic cloves i crush but put on whole now u can add pepper olives onion tomato (brocolli i dont but u can) and then 1 oz of motzarella cheese put in preheated oven at 450 degrees for about 15-20 min soooooo good.

theres something i made up called oops

and then there are other recipes those are just tastes but i also do smoothies and stuff with fruit and during the summer i cook the fruit on top of the stove (like plums cherries peaches) with some water and equal and then put it on low carb sugar free ice cream

more if u want and then there are my mothers mmmmmmm

xoxo

ari
  • thompsons81702
    thompsons81702 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I maintained again this week, but I am happy, because it's been a crazy one for me! I managed to go to step class and play racquetball with my husband, and then tried to do P90X with him later on in the evening... My body just crashed on me. I am still on antibiotics, and am trying to kick this junk out of my system, but I think I just over-did it.

I am sooooo up for this challenge! Produce is much better here in Alaska during the summer time, so I've just stocked up! Yay! And I'm still trying to keep up with the water challenge that Christina gave us a couple weeks ago... I think it'll help!
    Water intake really helps. I was slacking before I gave the water challenge. I had been drinking a lot of sweet tea and I was starting to feel different. Now that I have stopped of limit myself to one glass a day I feel much better and had no problem losing that 1 lb I had gained.
  • kimlee
    Options
    Good morning everyone! It is 10 a.m. here and I have already had 2 servings of spinach and a bananna. I blended them into my smoothie along with non-fat peach yogurt. It was yummy! I am having lunch with my parents, at Subway, so that will be another way to sneak in extra veggies.

I did a step aerobics class last night. Hope everyone is having a great morning! Ari - Congrats on being done!
  • pepamint83
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • sudzie88
    Options
    Good morning everyone! It is 10 a.m. here and I have already had 2 servings of spinach and a bananna. I blended them into my smoothie along with non-fat peach yogurt. It was yummy! I am having lunch with my parents, at Subway, so that will be another way to sneak in extra veggies.

I did a step aerobics class last night. Hope everyone is having a great morning! Ari - Congrats on being done!

kim - is that all that was in the smoothie?? i am intrigued! what were the quantities?
  • ronkswife2000
    ronkswife2000 Posts: 176
    Options
    I would just like to say that the topic name of this thread is great! Sounds like all of you are really doing a great job! Keep up the great work! :glasses:
  • kimlee
    Options

kim - is that all that was in the smoothie?? i am intrigued! what were the quantities?

To make my smoothie, I mix the following:

2 handfuls (about 2 cups) of baby spinach
    1 medium bananna
    1 6 oz. container of non-fat yogurt (flavor of your choice - I prefer peach of strawberry as it goes well with bananna)
    1/2 cup of water or non-fat milk for added calcium
    5 or 6 ice cups

The smoothie will turn out green, but will taste very fruity. The bananna can overpower the other fruit, so you may want to use just half a bannana. You can also subsitute the yogurt and water, for a full cup of non/low-fat milk, and add other fruits to go along with it.
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    I would never have thought of adding spinach to a fruit smoothie!!! Can you taste the spinach at all? It actually sounded yummy!

I have had only one piece of fruit today so far-an apple. I also had some baby carrots. But I bought a watermelon and some nectarines today, and am having some later. We have some cherries in the fridge, and I am very happy to say that my kids have been sneaking them whenever they can!!!

I have volleyball and P90X with my husband later. I don't know if I am going to attempt kickboxing with my mom again-I'm still trying to test the water right now, and don't want to over-do it with me still being sick... I'll check back in later! Hope everyone had a great day!
  • pepamint83
    Options
    i had arugala and red onion in a salad today no tomatos in the house :sad: had an apple for snack yesterday try to have one everyday but we will see what i eat today....first day of vaca was incredible now must get back to super exercising more than before cause i weigh in next week (maybe lol im still feeling the stress and AF came yesterday so may give it one more week....

luv you all

ari