How does a person exercise if they can't walk?

Options
13»

Replies

• plantgrrl
    plantgrrl Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Pedrogirl--SO glad you beat the depression. That is worse then everything. Glad you can laugh now. I've been in a dark mental place off and on over the past few years and I understand how hard it can be to even want to get up in the morning some days with depression alone--injuries not withstanding! Keep up your chair dancing and when things get to healing start adding more activities little by little so you don't get hurt--swimming adding a little bit of weight training--it's good for bone density and muscle tone. Hang in there! And a BIG HUG for you!
  • TrainersRoom
    Options
    Food journal is the one most thing you could do to lose weight; more important even than exercise or the contents of your diet.
  • ChelleDJM
    ChelleDJM Posts: 161
    Options
    great advice here! As another one with trouble walking because of foot issues, I will try many of these ideas. Thank you so much.
  • netchik
    netchik Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Punches will get the HR elevated in a jiffy. Start with unaided punches then graduate to doing it with weights. I did this when I had a knee, foot and ankle injury (both legs after an ugly fall) and still managed to lose weight and inches. I even did this in front of the television; hubby thought I was mad until he saw results. Now we both do it occasionally to switch up our routines :)

Good luck!
  • gazz777au
    gazz777au Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Punches will get the HR elevated in a jiffy. Start with unaided punches then graduate to doing it with weights. I did this when I had a knee, foot and ankle injury (both legs after an ugly fall) and still managed to lose weight and inches. I even did this in front of the television; hubby thought I was mad until he saw results. Now we both do it occasionally to switch up our routines :)

Good luck!
    Punches ? Interesting ! More info needed here. Sometimes I get mad and would like to walk it off - punching sounds like an alternate venting method !

I just tried walking after 6 months of waiting to be able to do it again (ankle), now my right hip hurts. I cant wait any longer - I think the upper body is calling out for a workout.