Before/Transitioning pics - 50 lbs GONE!!!

Options
I never would have thought that I would be able to lose 50 pounds, without “dieting” and eating whatever I want! My mind was programmed to the “all or nothing” way of thinking. I was either ON a diet or OFF a diet…no in between. Friday, July 22, 2011 my life changed forever. I woke up DONE with what I had been doing and was NOT going to wait until “Monday” to start ANOTHER DIET! I began taking an account for EVERYTHING I ate…good or bad and working out 5-6 days a week. Today, I have LOST 50 pounds and GAINED so much more than weight-loss. I went from struggling to jog a minute to jogging 4 miles, non-stop, and preparing for a half-marathon in May…from barely walking up the stairs, to my desk on the 5th floor (102 steps) to going up and down them 8-9 times, during my lunch break. I’m SOOO loving who I am becoming. No scale or clothing size can make give me this feeling. There’s nothing like becoming FIT!

SW: 246
CW: 196
GW: 150

6861261124_24722d648b.jpg
Before and Transitioning by 4fitmommas, on Flickr

Replies

• tifferzb1206
    tifferzb1206 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You look great! I'm inspired!
  • iamfranniefierce
    iamfranniefierce Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Another inspiration...gr8 job! BUMP!
  • martinez3004
    martinez3004 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    How did you start excerscing? I am so struggling to get into a program.
  • marshaca
    marshaca Posts: 2
    Options
    WOW! What a great story. Congratulations on all your hard work...it's clearly paid off.
  • mashallej
    mashallej Posts: 39
    Options
    You look fantastic!
  • Poorgirls_Diet
    Poorgirls_Diet Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    wow well done you look amazing and should be so proud of yourself!
  • ks_mommaof5
    ks_mommaof5 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    oh my gracious! AMAZING story!!!! CONGRATULATIONS on your "new" self! You are goregous!! Reading your story truly inspired me ... thank you for sharing!!
  • jennie0918
    jennie0918 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    awe this is so inspiring! congratulations sweetheart you look amazing!
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look great!
  • reneepugh
    reneepugh Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Amazing! What an inspiration.
  • FrancineC514
    Options
    That's great!!!! So many inspiring people on here :)
  • SassyB504
    SassyB504 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    One word WOW! You are very inspiring!:happy:
  • CMXL
    CMXL Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I love stories like yours. They keep me inspired. Amazing achievement! Congratulations!
  • Rayjewls
    Rayjewls Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    You are such an inspiration and your story is so true...the all or nothing stigma that I had also about 'dieting'... So not true. Fall off...get back on...keep moving ahead is what we all have to remember. Rome wasn't built in a day...Moma Lisa wasn't painted
    in a Week (i don't think)...my point is don't rush...slow and steady wins the race. Took me a long time to figure that one out.
  • drkristamiller
    drkristamiller Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    OMG!!!! We have so much in common!! My started weight was 246..and I wanted to lose 50 lbs and made up my mind October 31, 2010....and today I am at 202.8 and my first goal was 196!!! This is exciting...i'll be there ina few weeks!!! You look awesome!!!
  • twinmom430
    twinmom430 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look amazing!! Congrats!
  • colobon
    colobon Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I actually love seeing what a big difference even 30 lbs made! You're doing awesome!
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I am the path right behind you! I started at 250, and currently down ~30. :)
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Great job on the weight loss. You look amazing.
  • natagal
    natagal Posts: 3
    Options
    wonderful! congratulations. so inspired.:flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!