American Idol ~ Finales

Options

Replies

• LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I admit I can't explain the Sanjaya thing. and Taylor Hicks, well I liked him, so there! But the Adam Lambert kid picks, wow, he looks like he could be one of mine! cutie pie child photo!

I had my freckles Lazored off! It works for me!!

The Sanjaya thing is explained by a little site called "VoteForTheWorst.com" it was a big ordeal. You guys don't remember it?

I remember, I just don't think that it fits into my mom's theory of "it is all rigged"

if it was rigged, then that website would have made no difference at all. and I remember being very frustrated that really good singers were going home while Sanjaya was being voted for...
  • leann_m_olson
    leann_m_olson Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I voted for Kris, got lots of busy signals though only got through a couple handfuls of times. Adam is talented but Kris is who I would listen to on the radio. :happy:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    if you are with AT&T, you can text to your heart's content... no busy signals:bigsmile:
  • leann_m_olson
    leann_m_olson Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    if you are with AT&T, you can text to your heart's content... no busy signals:bigsmile:

nope, loyal verizon customer here.
  • shutterbug4674
    shutterbug4674 Posts: 3,690 Member
    Options

nope, loyal verizon customer here.

Me too, I voted all three lines when they weren't busy. But since they were busy most of the time, I take that as a good sign. GO KRIS!!!! :smile:
  • mello
    mello Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Can't deny Adam's talent, but I'm a Kris fan. Cute to boot and I just like that style of music. I absolutely LOVED what he did last week with Kanye West "Heartless" That was awsome!!!
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    maybe the show will throw everyone a curve ball and declare a tie!

Go ADAM
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    I admit I can't explain the Sanjaya thing. and Taylor Hicks, well I liked him, so there! But the Adam Lambert kid picks, wow, he looks like he could be one of mine! cutie pie child photo!

I had my freckles Lazored off! It works for me!!

The Sanjaya thing is explained by a little site called "VoteForTheWorst.com" it was a big ordeal. You guys don't remember it?

That website is still up, I checked it a little bit this season lol Guess they didn't prevail this year!
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    The "winner's song" sucked. Kris should have said "look, that song isn't my style. I'm at a disadvantage but I did my best with it."

Ditto! The last song was awful!!!:angry:
  • shutterbug4674
    Options
    The "winner's song" sucked. Kris should have said "look, that song isn't my style. I'm at a disadvantage but I did my best with it."

They picked on Kris alot last night. "What's Going On" was not his song choice, it was SImon Fuller's. But the judges.....especially Simon (Adam's buddy) were critical of the song choice. As for the winner's song.....Kara, shame on you for co-writing such a terrible song. I liked the tempo better when Kris did it, but the song itself was not good at ALL. :grumble:
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    I agree, mountains and hurricanes blah lah blah! Kara should have been forced to sing that tripe!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options

They picked on Kris alot last night. "What's Going On" was not his song choice, it was SImon Fuller's. But the judges.....especially Simon (Adam's buddy) were critical of the song choice. As for the winner's song.....Kara, shame on you for co-writing such a terrible song. I liked the tempo better when Kris did it, but the song itself was not good at ALL. :grumble:

THANK YOU!!!! How does it make sense to pick on song choice when he didn't choose it?! AARGH

It seemed clear they expect Adam to win. I texted for almost an hour, 10 messages at a time, so IDK how many times I voted in all, but it was a bunch.

GO KRIS!!!!
  • shutterbug4674
    Options
    Apparently mountains were destroyed by hurricanes. :laugh:
  • mello
    Options
    When I heard that song, I immediately thought it was written for Danny. It would have went well with his voice.

That being said, it was a HORRIBLE song.....but then again I normaly don't like the winner song. I think Kelly Clarkson's "Moment Like This" was the first and last good one!!!!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    When I heard that song, I immediately thought it was written for Danny. It would have went well with his voice.

That being said, it was a HORRIBLE song.....but then again I normaly don't like the winner song. I think Kelly Clarkson's "Moment Like This" was the first and last good one!!!!

I agree. David Cook had a good one.

Remember the beat boxer Blake? He had to sing the song they wrote for the winner..........OMG what a disaster!!

I felt bad that one of the judges wrote that song..............and had to listen to how BAD it was:tongue:
  • mello
    Options

I agree. David Cook had a good one.

I forgot about David Cook's winning song......"Time of My Life" I did like it alot!!
  • shutterbug4674
    Options

Remember the beat boxer Blake? He had to sing the song they wrote for the winner..........OMG what a disaster!!

I felt bad that one of the judges wrote that song..............and had to listen to how BAD it was:tongue:

"This is My Now"....not a bad song, but clearly not suited for Blake Lewis. His CD was very good though.
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I haven't watched Idol all season because I was watching Biggest Loser but I watched it last night.
    That being said, if I was to base my opion strictly on the performances last night I would have to go with Adam although I do NOT like that Glam Rock stuff. He has a really good voice and doesn't need to doll himself up to sell his talent. Kris has a good voice but he doesn't seem as prepared for stardom. I think he needs some more time to get ready. I didn't get to see thier personalities throughout the season or any of the other performances they gave, and this is usually what I base my decisions on. I think I probably would have liked Kris better just for his personality. So, tonight is anyone's guess. But I have a feeling Adam will take it, just because he is so much bolder in his stage presence.

Just my 2 cents!

Memaw