Allergic to fruit and raw veg! HELP

Options
13»

Replies

• bujib
    bujib Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi! I am ALSO allergic to fresh fruit and many raw veggies. Over the years I have tried every fruit under the sun and my parents tried the theory of "maybe she'll grow out of it" and every few years they would give me a strawberry or apple. Never worked. I can't even peal a potato without having a reaction. However, I have learned how to maintain a healthy lifestyle and exercise every chance I get. My recommendation to you is to start taking fruit supplements and when you go to the grocery store divide your list into the food group categories so that you have every single one covered for every single day. It will take practice. Also, you need to try and incorporate dried fruit and cooked veggies. Wear gloves if you have to while you prepare it. And most important of all is drink WATER. ONLY. no sugar. And no excuses. Self discipline. You CAN do it! Hope this helps :)
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    Basically its an allergy to blossom, the blossom gets inside the fruit and veg like peppers and carrots thus causing a reaction. I have to take fenofexadine three times daily. Generally I can eat fruit and veg cooked which will just result in uncomfortable bowel movement. I can eat satsumas/clemintines and bananas and thats about it on the fruit front. Veg is not so bad but peppers, carrots and raw potatoes will affect me if I peel or cut up, for example cutting up potatoes and i rubbed my eye, my eyes closed through all the swelling. Its bizare
    ok sounds like you are allergic to nightshades- tomatoes, peppers, eggplant , potatoes.. and most fruit.. then I would say just don't eat the foods you can't.. there are plenty of other veggies out there. broccoli, cauliflower, celery, greens, brussels sprouts.etc..

Nightshades were my first thought too. Allergies to nightshades are really common, and unfortunately some of the vegetables people eat frequently (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers) are in the nightshade family. I'd be surprised if that didn't come up during testing, though.