The healthy 'ice cream' love it.

Options
(I shouldn't be calling it "healthy" exactly, but it's healthIER.) Has anyone tried the ice cream brand "Arctic Zero"? They are pint sized tubs of ice cream or what they like to call "Ice cream replacement" ... they're a little more on the italian ice side, yet a little more creamy, and they are only 150 PER PINT. Compare that with a Ben and Jerry's ice cream pint, which can carry up to 1,200 calories. They've got a variety of flavors and one pint usually lasts me 2 days because it really satisfies. Perfect for a sweet tooth. I recommend the peanut butter chocolate flavor. They can be kind of pricey, mine was like $4.50 but purchasing it once in a while can't hurt. You can usually find it at health stores like Whole Foods.. I found mine at a place called Plum Market.

Note: Don't expect to find chunks of peanut butter or chocolate, or chunks of anything, but hey -- if those were included it wouldn't be as healthy as it is. Here's the nutrition facts of a whole pint:

PER PINT:
Calories- 150
Fat- 0
Cholesterol- 40
Sodium - 320
Carbs - 24
Sugars - 20
Protein - 14
Fiber - 8

Here's the site...
www.arcticzero.com

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    What's so healthy about it other than being low-calorie?
  • KarenJean91
    KarenJean91 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I'm not saying it's a health food and that you should eat it all the time. I'm just stating that it would be a nice replacement if you're celebrating a birthday or something and don't want to eat calorie filled fattening ice cream.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    OK, agreed, but you are calling it healthy. Low calorie doesn't automatically equal healthy.
  • KarenJean91
    Options
    I know that. I should have wrote healthier instead of healthy. Sorry?
  • brownsugar84
    brownsugar84 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    This looks AMAZING!! Thank you so much for your post as I'm craving ice cream, and with the warmer weather here, this is a great alternative!! I'm shocked the fibre count is so high as well! Will definitely check this out at Whole Foods - can't wait to see all of the flavours! Thanks again!!! :):)
  • caroleslaststand
    caroleslaststand Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    hey thanks for the recommendation. Could really come in handy when I'm on the verge of a binge - as long as I can work the sugar in without wrecking my numbers.
  • KarenJean91
    Options
    No problem. If you can resist (lol) try saving some for the next day :)
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    I got some a couple weeks ago. It tastes like cardboard flavored air. I split the pint with my wife and then we wanted real ice cream.

When I want ice cream with less calories I get the Ben & Jerry's Fro Yo.
  • KarenJean91
    Options
    Hmm that stinks that you didn't like it. It helps my cravings a lot and i don't crave regular ice cream at all.
  • AviaBatyah
    AviaBatyah Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I eat it and I like it a lot. No it does not taste like ice cream but if you let it set 30 mins it softens and taste fine for me :)
  • KarenJean91
    Options
    AviaBatyah, i do the same thing :) it's much better when it's not hard as a rock lol. And also, Sjohnny, if i were to get Ben and Jerry's there's no doubt i'd eat the entire pint -- which couldn't be too healthy....
  • Chubbyhulagirl
    Chubbyhulagirl Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I really miss ice cream! Lol. Im gonna try this.

What ive been doing is putting a cup of vanilla flavored almond milk into the freezer until it is almost frozen. Tastes just like ice cream and has the "creaminess" of ice cream. 90 cals for a cup and it really is good if you like the almond flavor!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Wanna trade?

2012-03-07%25252018.25.42.jpg
  • Chubbyhulagirl
    Options
    OK, agreed, but you are calling it healthy. Low calorie doesn't automatically equal healthy.

Dont be such a Debbie Downer. I think we all understood she didnt mean healthy as in fruit, veggies and protein healthy. Why you gotta be the health inspector?
  • jenlb99
    jenlb99 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this! I'm an ice cream addict!!
  • Chubbyhulagirl
    Options
    Wanna trade?

Holy crap! BE STRONG! I have to go grocery shopping today! Why did you post that!
  • Tuffjourney
    Tuffjourney Posts: 971
    Options
    Funny, just yesterday I was at my grocery store looking for it. Thanks for letting me know where I can find it. I havent tried it but after watching the hungry Girl, it peaked my interest. :smile:
  • jenlb99
    Options
    Thank you for this! I'm an ice cream addict!!

Grrrr...not available in Canada....

I like the idea of it containing whey protein, though.
  • jenlb99
    Options
    Wanna trade?

Holy CRAP!!

You don't seriously eat one container at a time, do you...? That is my DREAM!! lol
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options

Damn elizabeth she has been here for all of 11 posts. Why don't you wait until she isn't wet behind the ears to let your personality ......... shine?

OP, Don't be discouraged. Finding replacements for the foods you love is a huge part of this lifestyle change. If you love Arctic Zero, then enjoy it! And thanks for spreading the word to others who are also looking for lower calorie treats!

:flowerforyou: