The healthy 'ice cream' love it.

Options

Replies

• KarenJean91
    KarenJean91 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Aww thanks everyone :) i don't eat ice cream much but when i have a sweet tooth.. that's probably the lowest calorie thing i can enjoy. haha.
  • boobee32
    boobee32 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    ACTUALLY....it is kind of heatlhy...
    14 grams of protein and 8 grams of fiber.
  • iqnas
    iqnas Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    14 grams of protein.
    tastes amazing.
    i'm actually eating some right now ;P
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    OK, agreed, but you are calling it healthy. Low calorie doesn't automatically equal healthy.

Damn elizabeth she has been here for all of 11 posts. Why don't you wait until she isn't wet behind the ears to let your personality ......... shine?

OP, Don't be discouraged. Finding replacements for the foods you love is a huge part of this lifestyle change. If you love Arctic Zero, then enjoy it! And thanks for spreading the word to others who are also looking for lower calorie treats!

:flowerforyou:

I second this! :)
    I'm actually heading to Whole Foods and TJ's after work, so I'm going to look for this!! I LOVE chocolate peanut butter anything so it sounds like something I should at least sample! Thanks :)
  • hpynh2o
    hpynh2o Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter is the best. :)
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Aww thanks everyone :) i don't eat ice cream much but when i have a sweet tooth.. that's probably the lowest calorie thing i can enjoy. haha.

The best lowish cal ice creams for the taste;

Edys Slow churned

Skinny cow

Talenti Gelato/sorbetto

Haagen Dazs froyo/sorbet

Ben and Jerry's froyo/greek frozen yogurt
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Holy CRAP!!

You don't seriously eat one container at a time, do you...? That is my DREAM!! lol

I could, but don't. I generally eat 1-3 pints a week
  • TheJustPull
    Options
    Wanna trade?

2012-03-07%25252018.25.42.jpg

Holy CRAP!!

You don't seriously eat one container at a time, do you...? That is my DREAM!! lol

Are those regular ben&jerry ice cream? A place I love to go but don't often because its on the other side of town is Rita's It isn't ice cream but italian ice.. So good! They do have *some* ice cream but theyre specality is italian ice
  • 1WorkoutAtATime
    Options
    Wanna trade?

:laugh:
  • shammxo
    Options
    Holy CRAP!!

****... if i could do that and have that body... i would.
    unfortunately i cannot. so i will resign myself to sitting alone on the couch with a pint of arctic zero.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Wanna trade?

My mouth just exploded! ....Damn it, I needed that! *scrapes jaw up from floor*
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Most things can be considered healthy when eaten in moderation to what they contain?

I love Ice Cream, but have cut it out of my routine...if I get the urge...I go for NSA Fat Free Frozen Yogurt.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Holy CRAP!!

unfortunately i cannot. so i will resign myself to sitting alone on the couch with a pint of arctic zero.

you can! As cool as Acg is, he is a human being, and what he has done, you could do too! Go for it!
  • APirc
    APirc Posts: 6
    Options
    We make our own "ice cream" - freeze a banana or two, add to blender with almond milk, vanilla, unsweetened cocoa powder, dates, maybe ground walnuts, or raw peanut butter, whatever you like. AND, you know exactly what's in it, and nothing processed. Tastes amazing!
  • Gwendalyne
    Gwendalyne Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    ACTUALLY....it is kind of heatlhy...
    14 grams of protein and 8 grams of fiber.

agree, also 0 fat, low sodium, and low carbs, low calories...sounds healthier
  • shammxo
    Options
    Holy CRAP!!

you can! As cool as Acg is, he is a human being, and what he has done, you could do too! Go for it!

with the way my body works... not so much.
    i've been right on track and still only seeing slowwwwwwwww progress. i can only imagine all that would follow if i ate a pint of ben and jerry's.
  • sunshine83777
    Options
    I love it! The vanilla maple is still my favorite :bigsmile:
  • KarenJean91
    KarenJean91 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Oh and i'm not sure of Whole Foods has it YET. I know they were in the process of carrying it. If you go to the Arctic Zero website you can type in your area code and find where they sell it closest to you.
  • eviltwinkie
    eviltwinkie Posts: 153
    Options
    I tried it once. It was ok... more like a frozen protein drink to me, not really an ice cream consistency. Still, it hit the sweet spot.

My current pint fav is original tart frozen kefir. Lifeway is the brand. 1/2 c is 90 cal, 1 fat, 18 carbs, 4 protein. Unfortunately, polishing the pint off is at about 360 calories... so probably not a good idea to plow through the whole thing.

Tastes very similar to the fro yo at Freshii to me (which I like).