Any other PMDD sufferers out there?

Options
2»

Replies

• extremesl
    Options
    Wow! I didn't think I would find a forum dedicated to this. I was diagnosed with PMDD 2 yrs ago, but suffered from symptoms long before that. I wish I could be at this without medication, but my case is severe enough that that isn't possible. I joined my fitness pal a little over a year ago after a friend suggested it to me over the calorie counting app I was using. Love it! I workout 5 times a week and have a very active lifestyle. That being said, do any of you have tips on losing weight with PMDD? I'm on both Yaz and Prozac which seem to help with most of my symptoms except for bloating and the occasional mood swing or inability to deal with whatever situation. My biggest issue is even with counting calories, making smarter food choices and exercising, I still have a hard time losing weight. I would love to join some of you ladies if you want to add me as a friend. I have many friends that have PCOS, but that's not quite the same. The moral support is always nice! :smile:
  • Ruairi29
    Ruairi29 Posts: 2
    Options
    Guys I don't know what to do anymore! I have serious Pmdd , I take Effexor xl, I exercise about 3 times a week, take calcium, magnesium, b6,omega 3 fish oils. I took yaz and it made me awful and a complete ***** during my period so much so I nearly lost all my friends. As far as I can see if I don't get rid of this I'm never going to have a normal life. I have a new boyfriend now and I don't know how to break it to him that this happens please help guys . It's my low week now hence the desperation xxx
  • Ruairi29
    Ruairi29 Posts: 2
    Options
    Guys I don't know what to do anymore! I have serious Pmdd , I take Effexor xl, I exercise about 3 times a week, take calcium, magnesium, b6,omega 3 fish oils. I took yaz and it made me awful and a complete ***** during my period so much so I nearly lost all my friends. As far as I can see if I don't get rid of this I'm never going to have a normal life. I have a new boyfriend now and I don't know how to break it to him that this happens please help guys . It's my low week now hence the desperation xxx
  • FootballGamer58
    FootballGamer58 Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    I suffer from really bad IMS :(
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options

I think you need to take a poop
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options

So do I, do you get the sensitive testicles and nipples?
  • FootballGamer58
    Options

I think you need to take a poop

thats ibs......
  • FootballGamer58
    Options

Welcome to MFP
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options

Welcome to MFP

His name is Tim, OP

:flowerforyou:
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options

I might be able to help SK with that...
  • whierd
    Options

Welcome to MFP

Thank you, my name is Tim, what's urs?
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

Back off, he's mine!!!
  • FootballGamer58
    Options

Back off, he's mine!!!

popcorn.gif
  • whierd
    Options

Nail clippers?
  • llcjmama
    llcjmama Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am undiagnosed but I am pretty sure that I have it! I get so crazy at that time of the month I feel suicidal! :(
  • qjohnson29
    Options
    my dr. gave me welbutrin, it didn't work. now i take st. johns worth pills a couple times out of the day and exercise regularly and ive seen a 70% improvement in my symptoms. i still get them but they are no where debilitating like they use to be. i also read dont try to stress yourself out during that week or two before your cycle starts.
  • JaneE1967
    JaneE1967 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    My doc has also just given me wellbutrin to try for this problem, can you please tell me why you stopped it. My PMDD gets so bad I will try anything that might help. I am also on Depo Provera but unsure if this is the right contraceptive for me. Add me for support if you would like some.
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I take Yaz; with it, I'm a functioning person the week before my period. Do you other PMDD sufferers still get symptoms during your period though? I get really bad cramps, nausea, and mood swings during my period, although usually not before. I haven't heard of antidepressants, although I might ask about it at my next gyno appt, which will be in a month or so, because Yaz helps more with the physical symptoms than the mood swings.

Those of you that have had success with diet and exercise and other natural remedies, what specific things have you eaten and what exercises at what times? I'd like to know how I can improve my diet to help with PMDD; I'd prefer taking another birth control pill if I no longer need Yaz, so I'd save $80/month.
  • Katie30James
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm a bit late to this discussion I'm afraid but I need some advice!
    I suffer from PMDD and am at breaking point! I have tried every BCP on the market but am too sensitive to the synthetic hormones in them and they make my symptoms worse.
    My Symptoms are . . .
    Severe bloating/water retention
    Weight gain (not just a few lbs, I'm talking albs in 3 days)
    Sore/tender breasts
    Tiredness/fatigue
    Confusion
    Loss of memory
    Mood swings
    Emotional/crying fits
    Irrational thoughts and behaviour
    Night Sweats
    Night Terrors
    NO SEX DRIVE :(
    Loss of confidence and self esteem
    Acne breakouts around my mouth and jawline

That awful thing is is that I carry these symptoms for 3 weeks out of the month and only have one week where I feel myself!!
    This has taken over my life now and my thoughts everyday are about how to control myself and my symptoms.
    My GP recently gave be Cerrelle to try but 3 weeks in and I have already gained 8lbs - I am taking Aqua Ban alongside these to try and eliminate water retention but I am spilling out of my jeans :(
    The other option for my GP was to take 20mg a day of Prozac to replace the lost serotonin. I am happy to try this but I need something to help me shift my weight.
    I am 5ft 2" and have been fluctuating between 8st 12 and 9st 3 for as long as i can remember. I have come down from over 12st (pregnancy weight gain and bad diet) and I plateaued a few years ago.
    I lead a healthy lifestyle by eating a high protein low to no carb diet including lots of leafy greens. I don't eat a lot of fruit because of the sugar content and I take supplements like magnesium, evening pRIMROSE oil, Omega 3 Oil, flax seed Oil . . .
    On top of this I enjoy spinning, weights, running and kickboxing 3 to 4 times a week (sometimes 5 to 6 if i can fir it in - i have two children and a two jobs so time is short!)
    I have now gone up to 9st 8lbs and feel devastated that my healthy lifestyle has not worked for me. As far as my diet and training go I should be a slender goddess but instead I am stuck with excess weight and fat sitting around my tummy, bum, bottom of my back and my hips.
    Please someone tell me what i can try??
    I am having a Meta typing test on Monday to see how I can tap in to my specific metabolism but this is going to be costly :(

Thanks in advance . . .