nike plus +

Options
2»

Replies

• terraskye
    terraskye Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    It sounds really good but what if you do not want to use an ipod for it (I don't even want it strapped to me)? I saw them talk about a wrist strap but so no where to purchase it. Does anyone have that?

I haven't seen a wrist strap...However I purchased an armband like this

http://www.londondrugs.com/Cultures/en-US/Product+Detail/Electronics.htm?BreadCrumbs=Electronics;Electronics;iPods;MP3 WMA Player Accessories;Griffin AeroSport Case for Nano 4G - Black - 8270NAEROB&Catalog=Electronics&Category=MP3 WMA Player Accessories&ProductID=3375565&ProductTab=3

and I can just strap it down close to my wrist or it detaches and has a belt clip attached though I haven't tested that out to see how sturdy it was.

Pre-armband I just stuck my ipod in my pocket. I keep the volume down so I can hear the stats and music but I can also hear what is going on around me. I've also just used one earphone and tucked the other one down my shirt.
  • strangesangria
    strangesangria Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    OK so i had my bday yesterday and I got new running shoes and the Nike plus system. I used it for the first time last night and i love it so far. :) I was wondering if there are still any my fitness pal challenges/teams on the nike plus website. I am so excited :love:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    OK so i had my bday yesterday and I got new running shoes and the Nike plus system. I used it for the first time last night and i love it so far. :) I was wondering if there are still any my fitness pal challenges/teams on the nike plus website. I am so excited :love:

yes there is a June MFP challenge, I set it up as invite only though because of non-mfpers getting in the way of :wink: Ok, I just made it public, just let me know if your MFP name and your Nike name are the same.

Some other points, I find mine to lag by 0.08 per mile, but I would rather it was behind than ahead, just makes me work harder.

Sensor goes you can replace JUST the sensor for $19 bucks and the sensor will last 6-12 moths depending on usage.

I really like it. :drinker:
  • strangesangria
    Options

yes there is a June MFP challenge, I set it up as invite only though because of non-mfpers getting in the way of :wink: Ok, I just made it public, just let me know if your MFP name and your Nike name are the same.

Some other points, I find mine to lag by 0.08 per mile, but I would rather it was behind than ahead, just makes me work harder.

Sensor goes you can replace JUST the sensor for $19 bucks and the sensor will last 6-12 moths depending on usage.

I really like it. :drinker:

my nike + screen name is strangesan. I calibrated mine for my running speed tonight. It seemed to be pretty close. I really think I am going to like this a lot. It helps that I have some good shoes too now. I had a pair of new balance before and the they had no support. I could feel the pavement!! haha
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    first day and you are # 2 already...:noway: guess I better go get my run :wink:
  • strangesangria
    Options
    first day and you are # 2 already...:noway: guess I better go get my run :wink:

That won't last trust me :wink: I just got the nike + on Monday and its new and I am excited about it haha. Plus I usually skip days b/t walks/runs. I am just so excited to use it that I went two days in a row :happy:
  • oohnee1
    oohnee1 Posts: 34
    Options
    Does anyone know how accurate it is in regards to counting calories?
  • pocono_mom
    pocono_mom Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    If you read the manual, the sensor is always defaulted to be on. There is a spot in the back that you push in with a pen tip that will turn it off. So if you only use it a couple of times a week for an hour or so you could turn it off to save battery life. I also have mine on a holder on top of my sneakers - it works great!