1235»

Replies

• LisamarieBond14
    LisamarieBond14 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    :) Glad to be of assistance :P
  • countryrayne
    Options
    Ha! I have to laugh because when I was a teen I always gave my mom heck for her cleaning tendencies. She too has OCD and I am pretty sure she keeps the cleanest house in town! Please don't get discouraged by your daughter, she will come to accept you. :happy:
  • buildingdreams
    buildingdreams Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I wipe doors down weekly, handles daily. No OCD but it makes a difference
  • PAnn1
    PAnn1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I wipe down my doors, and door handles, and door jambs every weekend, especially the restroom ones.
    Me, too, usually on a weekly basis.
  • FitRodr
    FitRodr Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    honestly. Mine need it badly. Tell her to think about it this way. Pets go outside and poop then chase a cat right through that poop so naturally they have it on their feet, then they run inside and jump on her bedroom door trying to get in. they touch the doornob and she gets up goes to the front room comes back and touches that doorknob. NOW she has poop germs all over her hands. Okay time to go disinfect my doors. shakes head. I hate it when I do that to myself. I am stress related OCD. My psychiatrist said I do a great job managing it when I dont get stressed but when I do, thats a problem because then I become very OCD and everythng has to be perfect.

Hubby gets made at me. When we get into a fight and i get stressed I have to have the house perfect (including cleaning carpets at 3 oclock in the morning) so I can go to bed. So yeah I understand. Now that being said. Have to go clean. I destroyed the house this morning rearranging. :laugh:

This is soo me and I love the poop analogy! When I am stressed, mad, frustrated, I clean like a wild woman. My hubby says "baby, are you ok?" he knows that cleaning is my way of dealing.
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    [/quote]

When I am stressed, mad, frustrated, I clean like a wild woman. My hubby says "baby, are you ok?" he knows that cleaning is my way of dealing.
    [/quote]

:laugh: I can SO relate to this! I clean when I'm pissed. And I generally got in trouble at the same time- GO FIGURE.
    My Mom caught onto this early and would send me to whatever room in the house needed cleaned
    One day she sent me to the bathroom as a punishment for back-talking.
    She came in to check on me, and found I was cleaning the edges of the toilet bowl with a toothbrush.
    She smirked and smiled, saying " You're doing a GREAT job. "
    My reply: "YEP, and I'm using YOUR toothbrush!"

That was the last time she ever sent me to the bathroom though :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Options
    double post, sorry. sure wished they had a delete button WE could use.
    Options
    missed the quote box too-
    getting frustrated.........

might end up cleaning now.............UGH........
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    My mom does the doors, maybe like once a year or more if company comes over. At first I thought it was weird until I noticed that doors actually get dirty lol.