I jogged my first mile!

Options
rissadiane
rissadiane Posts: 355 Member
Today, I went to the gym and hopped on the treadmill, eventually getting up to my 4.5 mph. My longest at a time was 8 minutes, and I just got it in my head I was going to keep going until I reached a mile, and I did!! This is a great accomplishment for me. I've always wanted to be a runner, and I feel like I just made a great leap in that goal :happy:

Replies

• NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • scubagoil
    scubagoil Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! That is so great!
  • hanna6774
    hanna6774 Posts: 225
    Options
    Awesome! For whatever reason, I've always wanted to run too - Thanks for the inspiration!
  • rissadiane
    Options
    Thanks everyone! :) I'm so proud of myself, and I look forward to working on the next mile :happy:
  • BillyC96
    BillyC96 Posts: 7,560 Member
    Options
    Very well done!
  • bluestocking06
    bluestocking06 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You'll be just popping out for a quick jog regularly before you know it!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. I'm ill at the moment, but when I'm better I will do the C25K. I've never ran before so would love to do it, and you proove that you can x
  • jennys11
    jennys11 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I remember my first time running a full mile. It's an incredible feeling.
  • sbyrd85
    sbyrd85 Posts: 2
    Options
    That's awesome!! I've just started jogging myself not on the treadmill but jogging in place. It doesn't sound like it will do much but it does. It makes my calves sore and I've been ableto jog at my own pace for up to 10 minutes without stopping. What an amazing feeling. I also wanted to be a runner. So, I know what you mean.
  • khskr1
    khskr1 Posts: 392
    Options
    That is so great!! If you have not looked at the couch to 5k program, look it up! You'llbe running circles past people in no time.
  • kburns0709
    kburns0709 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    great job! my first round of C25K I did 4.5 mph too
  • smplycomplicated
    smplycomplicated Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! It's amazing what we're able to do when we just keep going. That's a big step! I bet the next one will come easier :)
  • AlexzKT
    AlexzKT Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    It just goes to show you how we REALLY can change our bodies and our fitness. Running was always the best indicator to me of how I was getting in better shape. Hitting running milestones is such an awesome feeling, because you're like, "Hell yeah - I worked for that all on my own and I accomplished it." Big congratulations, girl! I'm so happy for you!
  • sbrBirdy
    sbrBirdy Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • daisyduck0427
    Options
    YAY!!! I'm so excited for you. I remember my first mile!! I was so excited. I just ran my first half marathon! Can't wait to hear about the second mile. congrats.
  • pbl1966
    pbl1966 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Great job, keep at it and you will be amazed at how fast you are able in increase your runs. When I started MFP in September I could only run a little over a mile and am now planning on running my second 10K next Saturday (I am not very fast but who cares!).
  • rissadiane
    Options
    That is so great!! If you have not looked at the couch to 5k program, look it up! You'llbe running circles past people in no time.

I have looked into the C25K program, and I'm considering doing it again. I had started it a long time ago and stopped. I push myself and I know what I can do, but I know that's good for learning pacing and for increasing speed, which I plan to start doing soon.
  • rissadiane
    Options
    Awesome! You'll be just popping out for a quick jog regularly before you know it!

And I can't wait for that!! :happy:
  • rissadiane
    Options
    YAY!!! I'm so excited for you. I remember my first mile!! I was so excited. I just ran my first half marathon! Can't wait to hear about the second mile. congrats.

That's awesome!! Congrats yourself!!!
  • rissadiane
    Options
    Great job, keep at it and you will be amazed at how fast you are able in increase your runs. When I started MFP in September I could only run a little over a mile and am now planning on running my second 10K next Saturday (I am not very fast but who cares!).

That's amazing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!