What Is Your Go To Food for a Meal?

Options
j1wright
j1wright Posts: 286 Member
I really like to make veggie omelettes made with one egg and half cup of egg substitute along with a ton of veggies and 1/4 cup of cheese. Usually around a 300 calorie feast and oh so good. I also like to do quesadilla's. I really like quick things when I am in a pinch for time or don't have much in my fridge. What do you seem to have on a weekly basis?

Replies

• spackham
    spackham Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Honest answer? Frozen meal with extra frozen veg. I also like toast with peanutbutter and jelly or cottage cheese with various seasonings. I also like to make large portions of things that save well that I can eat a few times, like a black bean and corn salsa that I can eat plain or serve on meats or in salads. Or cooking extra chicken mixture of a lettuce wrap to have as leftovers, pre-portioned out into individual servings.
  • j1wright
    j1wright Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I was going to make black bean and corn salsa today. I haven't made it in forever. I love it! Yummy!
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't have one, and I wish I did. I have my routine foods that I have to eat (lunches at work), but when I'm not restricted by a lack of anything to cook with, I can spend HOURS deciding on a meal. I wish I had some options I could just think of and go with, but it never seems to work!
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Everyone I live with love mashed potatoes, so that tends to be our go to side. Usually pair it with whatever meat is on sale, so usually chicken or pork. For breakfast I'll have yogurt, if I can't think of anything better. And for lunch I try to stick to raw veggies with a little bit of low fat dip or dressing, but once a week I let myself buy lunch with my co-workers.
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    At the moment, it is canned vegetable soup with seafood and some mushrooms mixed in, and some garlic and mixed herbs added. I am very careful about ingredients in the soup as well. It actually tastes really nice, mussels, squid, prawns, mixed with soup and quite filling.

Beyond that, a baked potato with cottage cheese, or eggs, mushrooms and tomatoes (boiled or poached)
  • wittlelacey
    wittlelacey Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal, always.
  • dicoveringwhoIam
    dicoveringwhoIam Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    grilled fish and veggies thrown on the grill.. quick easy and yummy..
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Convenience food: Cedarline stacked eggplant. It has under 300 calories and is really filling. It's also lower in sodium than many frozen foods.

I also eat as a snack 1/4 c. of almonds with 1 Tbsp of chocolate chips. It's also filling and gives me the crunchiness and sweetness I crave in the afternoon.

For other meals, if I make a big pot of soup on a weekend, I like black bean soup, and also white bean soup with escarole.
    They're both filling and provide many meals during the week. (Feel free to message me for the recipes).
  • modernmom70
    modernmom70 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Protein, greens, balsamic dressing and feta....I eat this everyday for lunch. I don't get bored! Just switch up what kind of meat once in a while.
  • NorseMaiden
    NorseMaiden Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Chicken. I've learned to substitute it for all the beef I used to eat.
  • MamaSonyaP
    MamaSonyaP Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal, Greek Yogurt with strawberry freezer jam, any kind of beans, turkey bacon and loads of veg! Two months ago, my answer would have looked something like this; Red wine, Doritos, a bowl of cereal, chicken nuggets and McDonalds. I know, SO bad. It's funny how a couple of months can change your taste buds!
  • kissy28wv
    kissy28wv Posts: 74
    Options
    Precooked frozen chicken breast and a bag of frozen veggies add sauce/seasonings.
  • rookmb
    rookmb Posts: 84
    Options
    Oatmeal, Fage 0% yogurt, sweet potatoes, frozen veggies, strawberries, oranges, bags of salad and canned white albacore tuna. I also make a huge pot of vegetable soup on Sunday's and put it in single serving containers and freeze it. I don't keep any processed foods in the house, so if I want something to eat I have to get it from the frig. :)
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    eggs.
    chicken breast
    ground turkey
    fruit
    frozen veggies
    greek yogurt

^^^^
    i could likely live off of just these thing.
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Salad, veggie sandwich, spaghetti for the kids...
  • akiramezu
    akiramezu Posts: 278
    Options
    cottage cheese and whey protein =]
  • fatguyweightloss
    Options
    Spinach (and another other greens in my fridge), 3 eggs, some sort of pork meat (sausage/ham/bacon), and if I haven't had starch that day a potato peeled and cubed. Usually ends up being a scramble buit sometimes it turns into an omelet.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    Frozen Chicken breast and some kind of Potato, just so much you can do with either.
  • Ralphrabbit
    Ralphrabbit Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Home made mix of my favorite nuts & dried fruit! Because they are my favorite bits they are yummy & hit the spot!
  • Janice032557
    Janice032557 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I do all my cooking for the week on Friday. That way I just pick something out of the fridge, heat it up, and I'm ready to eat.