What Is Your Go To Food for a Meal?

2»

Replies

• sbrBirdy
    sbrBirdy Posts: 224 Member
    I keep canned tuna and salad on hand. Mix the tuna with a little mayo and relish and dump it on top of the salad.

Eggs pretty much every day for breakfast, usually with bacon or sausage.

Almonds if I want something crunchy.

Greek yogurt if I want something creamy.
  • Justacoffeenut
    Justacoffeenut Posts: 3,749 Member
    baby mixed greens. banana peppers, and whatever protein i have in the fridge
  • xMadeInChinax
    xMadeInChinax Posts: 19 Member
    Grilled chicken breast and some steamed brocoli! but i have to have it spicy, so I always spice it up with some cayenne pepper and over course I have to have my green tea. ^^
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Ground turkey. I make:

Hamburger Helper
    Spaghetti
    Chile con queso
    Tacos
    Chili
    Burgers
    Meatballs
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    I honestly don't have one, and I wish I did. I have my routine foods that I have to eat (lunches at work), but when I'm not restricted by a lack of anything to cook with, I can spend HOURS deciding on a meal. I wish I had some options I could just think of and go with, but it never seems to work!

Same here! I'll plan a few things out that will be my standards for the few days, but if I run out of one of those ingredients or something, I'll just be at a loss of what to eat.
  • mischa_12
    mischa_12 Posts: 126 Member
    my new Go To Meal is grilled salmon with a tonne of mixed vegetables and some sweet chilli sauce for extra flavour. I also grill the salmon a little bit extra than people normally would so it gets flakey and has a bit of a crunchy crust.

The meal I miss most is my honey, oat cluster and macadamia cereal...gosh that stuff was good for breaky. I now have yogurts with fresh fruit or an egg with a piece of fruit.
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Peanut butter and sugar free preserves!
  • gracieabem
    gracieabem Posts: 211
    My absolute no fuss, hardly need to lift a finger meal??

Sardines on toast with frozen veges on the side. Or Poached eggs on toast with frozen veges on the side. Frozen veges are a godsend for me. I usually have a packet on hand. I am, however, moving more towards fresh veges all the time because the taste is better and it's cheaper. I do tend to make up a huge batch of veges and freeze in portions though, because otherwise I'd eat the same veges day after day because I'm only cooking for myself. I may have one serve of these vege for dinner and lunch the next day and then the rest go into the freezer for those days when I'm a little time poor. I may still cook something else and just have vege on the side.

At a pinch I'll have a frozen meal and I do have one in the freezer, but I don't really like the extra sodium and I'm not the biggest fan of them. But sometimes I am just stuffed and my new, improved planning habits fall by the wayside and it's better than not eating or having fast food for convenience sake.
  • Chicken chunks with mexiranch and a veggie.
  • sunshinesonata
    sunshinesonata Posts: 241 Member
    either an omelette or anything with peanut butter! haha
  • kajo50
    kajo50 Posts: 12
    Breakfast - yogurt with Kashi GoLean Crunch cereal and some fruit (tangerine, strawberries, or small banana, etc)

Lunch- Spring Mix Salad greens, pouch of tuna, raw veggies like carrots, red bell peppers and cucumber, boiled egg, and Newmans Own Lowfat Dressing with Wheat Thins Flatbread crackers and a wedge of Laughing Cow Light cheese.

Dinner- grilled chicken breast, green veggie like broccoli or spinach, and rice or steamed potatoes.

Snack- apple or other fruit with either walnuts or peanuts, a couple cookies with a cup of Lowfat milk, or 1/2c ice cream on a cake cone. The last two are my bedtime snacks if I've kept to my eating and exercise plans.