Vegetarians

Options

Replies

• packersfn7
    packersfn7 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I've been vegetarian for 11 years. Feel free to add.
  • angelashay42
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian. I eat dairy and eggs.
  • Woooolywool
    Woooolywool Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm not a vegetarian, but I've recently become a pescetarian if that means anything to ya? ^_^;
  • sarahdanielle2212
    Options
    Vegetarian's unite! I've been one for about a year, and my roommates are all incredibly obsessed with meat, so it can be difficult! Feel free to add me :)
  • yesbethin
    yesbethin Posts: 14
    Options
    Vegan here! Feel free to add me :wink:
  • guppygirl322
    guppygirl322 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I was vegan for several years, but it was so hard. My GP says my cholesterol is a little high, so maybe I will go back to it.
  • treeonawall
    Options
    I'm vegetarian too! have been all my life :) friend me if you'd like!
  • BeccaAnderton
    Options
    I'm a veg head too :) Have been for over 4 years now, feel free to add me! I don't know if I have any veggie friends actually!
  • agirltoremember98
    Options
    Vegetarian since august :)
  • chaniray
    chaniray Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    i'm mostly vegetarian with the exception of the occassional seafood. feel free to add me.
  • 8bitAlina
    8bitAlina Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Attempting to be more vegetarian with some vegan tendencies. However, I do allow myself some eggs, cheese or bacon (don't judge) every so often if I feel like it.
  • panicintheattic
    panicintheattic Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I've been a vegetarian for about five or six years, one of which I spent as a vegan. Ended up eating dairy due to situational circumstances and just ended up never going back. I really want to start eating vegan again, but it's super hard once you're so conditioned to eating something like dairy and then begin to crave it all the time!
    Feel free to add me, anyone :)
  • Chipmaniac
    Chipmaniac Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Lacto-ovo vegetarian for 18 years.
  • plantgrrl
    plantgrrl Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I'm a Vegetarian, I was raised that way. My parents have been vegetarian for about 30 years. I'm a Lacto-Ovo Vegetarian. My husband is a very understanding omnivore.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Yes. I have been vegetarian for 21 years. I eat organic milk and eggs from local farms I know. No meat, fish, gelatine, rennet, E471, isinglass or cochineal.
  • merimeaux
    merimeaux Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I was vegan for several years, but it was so hard. My GP says my cholesterol is a little high, so maybe I will go back to it.

Does high cholesterol run in your family? For me, it does on my mom's side, and it baffled me as to why mine was high (over 200--though the "good" cholesterol was higher than the "bad") when I hadn't eaten meat for years. By kicking my exercise routine in high gear and trying to make healthier choices in regard to what I was eating, I was able to get it under 200. Anyway, my point is that if you have the family history of it, I don't think it would make *that* much of a difference whether you're vegan or vegetarian.
  • darla499
    darla499 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Any vegetarians out there? I could use a few vegetarian friends.

Right here!

I'm vegetarian aiming towards vegan. The only animal products I eat are yogurt and cheese.... and today I had a cheese omelette while eating out with friends. I don't normally do eggs.

I'm looking for more like minded friends as well.

Feel free to add me!

Have a great day!

Darla
  • starryol
    starryol Posts: 16
    Options
    I was a veggie for about 15+ years but started to eat seafood last year to boost my proteing. Anyone can add me
  • nomena
    nomena Posts: 165
    Options
    Vegetarian for 3 years, vegan for two of those (back to vegetarian now though).
    Feel free to add me!
  • anandaamrita
    anandaamrita Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm vegetarian too - have been my whole life. I'm on the road to veganism (have switched to soy milk and butter and don't really eat cheese - just need to find a easy cook substitute for boiled eggs)