How to recover from a binge?

Options
13»

Replies

• cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    I see this is a very old post, almost two years old, but it was helpful to read through all comments. The only statement that bothered me was this one:

"I think it is necessary every several weeks to do that (binge) because it makes you realize that eating bad isn't all it's cracked up to be."

Scary idea!

My binge last night put me 1399 calories OVER my 1400-calorie allotment for the day! How interesting that it was one calorie short of being double.

Here's my plan for today: I'm going to drink lots of water and see what my hunger tells me and go with that but NOT go over my 1400-calorie goal. Will also watch what my carbs, fats, and proteins are adding up to but I may need to give myself some leeway in the carb-fat-protein numbers because my body may be trying to self-correct. I'm wondering what my hunger will tell me I need--I'm ready for pleas for more junk food and will need to endure the tantrums and tricks by mind may throw at me.

I just called my husband at work and told him I was planning to throw his piece of chocolate fudge (friend's birthday) cake down the disposal. He asked me to save him a bite, and I'm actually thinking "what a shame to waste that beautiful cake." Must do that disposal thing right now!

I agree that's a scary idea. There is no way I will ever accept a binge as a good thing. When I do go over my calories, not bingeing, say a nice dinner and drinks with my husband, I WILL accept that as a reward and a good thing. However, when I'm rummaging the cabinets for anything and everything to eat I will never accept this as something good. it serves no reminder to me and only makes me feel like a big, fat failure.

Good luck to you today.