Goal Achieved 60 lbs Down w/ Lots of Pics!

Options
Many of you have probably already seen my previous progress updates, but I've now reached my goal weight and I wanted to do a post with my entire weight loss story and all of my pics in one place.

I'll start with my weight history. I was a skinny kid up until the 3rd grade when I started getting a little chubby and remained overweight all through high school. I didn't play any sports and was very inactive. I started losing weight my first year of college because I walked to all of my classes and was constantly on the go. I also became a vegetarian for 2 years and pretty much lived off of snack foods like popcorn and reduced fat Cheez-Its. My average weight in my early twenties was around 110-120 and my lowest weight was 105 (WAY too skinny)! I slowly started gaining weight again in my mid to late twenties because I never exercised and ate whatever I wanted. I didn't become unhappy with my weight until a couple of years ago, but I was too lazy to do anything about it. I reached my highest weight (190) in July of 2011 and decided that I HAD to do something! That's when I discovered MFP.

When I first joined MFP, I felt very overwhelmed with the amount of weight I needed to lose and I really thought there was no way I'd be able to do it. I also thought that in order to lose weight I needed to pretty much starve myself which explains my earliest food entries when I was only eating 900 or so calories a day. Luckily, I made friends through the message boards and started soaking up all of the info I could. I realized that I really could do this and started feeling less overwhelmed the more I learned.

At the time I joined, I had recently gotten married and quit my job, so I was a housewife and living a very sedentary lifestyle. I started out by walking at the park and on my treadmill and consumed around 1200 calories/day and did not eat back my exercise calories. I also bought the 30DS, but I didn't do it consistently at all. Then, I got a job at the Subaru plant building engines at the end of August, so I went from being sedentary to active. My job is very physically demanding and I stopped exercising outside of work. I swing 30 lb crankshafts and engine heads around and move at top speed 8-10 hrs/day so I considered that my exercise up until just recently. I consumed 1200-1400 calories/day with an occasional cheat day. I lost 1-2 lbs/week for most of that time, sometimes 3 lbs/week.

As I got closer to my goal weight I realized that I was going to have to put forth a little more effort to get the toned look I wanted. That's when I decided to do the 30DS consistently. At first I was worried that I would be too tired to do the shred on top of working sometimes 60 hrs/week, but it's actually helped me feel more energetic at work. I started adding on 40 minutes of cardio, power walking on the treadmill, and lately I've been doing 2 levels of the 30DS instead of the treadmill. I have 5 days left of the 30DS, then I'm doing Ripped in 30, followed by 6 Week Six-Pack, then No More Trouble Zones, and then I'm going to start P90X.

Everyone is different and some things work for some and not for others, but here is my advice. Don't think of this as "being on a diet." My mantra has been "everything in moderation." I still eat fast food. I still eat junk food. I still drink beer. I just control my portions now and make sure that I stay under my calorie goal. I log everything that I eat! I also pre-plan my food every day through the week and stick to it. I very rarely go over my calories unintentionally (maybe a few days the entire 8 months) because I'm very dedicated and I refuse to make excuses. My diary is open to the public and it helps me stay accountable. I know that doesn't work for everyone, but it's helped me a lot. I've been working on eating more protein and fiber, and more fruits and vegetables. I've also started eating back some of my exercise calories.

And now, everyone's favorite part, pics!

March 2011
ji87hl.jpg

March 2011
PBrcgl.jpg

July 2011 (at my heaviest, 190 lbs)
4nzCgl.jpg

July 2011
lglo8.jpg

November 2011 (155 lbs)
CBqJYl.jpg

December 2011 (146 lbs)
cj8Uxl.jpg

January 2012 (138 lbs)
pakJBl.jpg

Before 30DS
kRv1vl.jpg

Halfway through 30DS
JuCqQl.jpg

Last summer's capris
ocEOOl.jpg

Today (130 lbs)
9KJY4l.jpg

My guns. lol
GVcn2l.jpg

Replies

• katythemommy
    katythemommy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story! You look gorgeous and congratulations with all your success!
  • Jadbaa
    Jadbaa Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • kgeary89
    kgeary89 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Thanks for sharing your story!
  • cvanbeek
    cvanbeek Posts: 107
    Options
    you are an inspiration. great job!
  • ariant23
    ariant23 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    you look fantastic. Awesome job. thanks for sharing your whole story and the pictures.
  • Switty_Kitty
    Switty_Kitty Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look amazing! Congrats!!
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Looks great
  • fifon1
    fifon1 Posts: 17
    Options
    awesome job! u look hot!! *rummaging thru drawers looking for my 30DS copy*
  • Switty_Kitty
    Switty_Kitty Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    btw...how tall are you?
  • Reeny1_8
    Reeny1_8 Posts: 277
    Options
    You look fantastic! Thank you for sharing, it's nice to see that it can be done!
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!
  • jessmars
    jessmars Posts: 131
    Options
    you look great...thanks for sharing your story, all the pictures..Congrats!!!!
  • phatty28
    phatty28 Posts: 8
    Options
    wow! now I really know this is possible. My goal is only 40 pounds but you are really an inspiration!
  • mischa_12
    mischa_12 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    It's stories like these that make me want to do the 30 Day Shred! You look fabulous, congratulations!
  • linnyrhea
    linnyrhea Posts: 105
    Options
    WOW! You are truly a beautiful inspiration! Thank you for sharing your story. I ordered my copy of the 30 DS and im just about to start week 3 of Ripped in 30 :)
  • cookieta76
    cookieta76 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    You're gorgeous before and after - congrats! :)
  • anna_love
    anna_love Posts: 177
    Options
    WOW WHAT N inspiration! MY GOAL IS TO BE 130BLS ALSO!! I START'D AT 186BLS IN NOV 2011

U LOOK REALLY PRETTY GREAT WORK:flowerforyou:
  • KyliAnnHobson
    KyliAnnHobson Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    btw...how tall are you?

I'm 5'4.
  • iamfranniefierce
    iamfranniefierce Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • Fred4point0
    Fred4point0 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Kyli

All I can say is wow. You deserve the MFP award of the year for the Most Dedicated Fitness Warrior. You are my hero...that's all I can say.. Except once again...WOW!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!