• porvenir
    porvenir Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Bump for later. And thank you!
  • beekerton
    beekerton Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Bump because it hurt my brain.

I do know that when I was engaged I was certainly eating over 2000 "somewhat healthy" calories a day. 5 days on the treadmill a week for an hour. I lost 35 lbs in 4 months, and I started at 165.

I was losing weight so steadily and consistently. I was almost testing how much food I could eat and still lose weight.

I want to go back to that. 5 babies later and have quite a bit of weight to lose now!
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Justacoffeenut
    Justacoffeenut Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    bump
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    bump for later!
  • hanniejong
    hanniejong Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for this post I have printed it out for reading again, I have also checked out the fat2fitradio site, it is great and am learning plenty from it, Have my BMR and BMI etc, and plan to go in there to learn a bit more.
  • Jen8np
    Jen8np Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Bump! Amazing! Thank you for this!
  • MAZMcCormick
    MAZMcCormick Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Huge thanks to Dan and the others that are helping people in here. I :heart: you all. :flowerforyou:
  • Russian1
    Russian1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    bump
  • random_20
    random_20 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    bump

thanks for the info
  • ImRadical4Jesus
    ImRadical4Jesus Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • ttkg
    ttkg Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Thanks for taking the time to post this Dan!!! Worth reading over and over until it all sinks in...:happy:
  • annalee_1
    annalee_1 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    bump for after work!
  • lisalis626
    Options
    Upping my calories AGAIN!! Ahhhh ... makes me so friggen nervous BUT obviously what I'm doing now isn't given me the results I want, so time to switch this ish up!!
  • rmk20togo
    rmk20togo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    You are saying I can visit several websites, wear out the batteries in my calculator, and do it your way
    OR
    I can follow MFP's way.
    I've lost 33 #, reached my goal in November 2011, and have maintained since then.
    I'm sure you mean well, but if it ain't broke, don't fix it. If you don't like MFP's way, build your own site.
    Thanks anyway.

Congratz on your weight loss!!

But...

Haters to the left!

'Haters to the left!' :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Dan Thanks!!!! You should get a commission for all your hard work here.

You ran my numbers for me a few weeks ago and recommended I eat 2000 calories a day for a while then start alternating 2000/2200. For anyone else reading, I'm a 51 year old female, 5'6", 164#, 29.5% body fat (result of losing 75# and muscle mass and maintained for 10 years on extreme low calorie diet), trying to lose additional 15#, desk job and I burn 4200-5000 calories a week in "sneakers on" exercise - cardio, weight lifting, and weight bearing 6x/week.

I'll admit I've only found the courage to gross 1900'ish per day for the past month, I haven't lost more than maybe 1/2# in a month and I'm seeing the same +/-3# daily fluctuations I saw on 1200 calories a day, but I HAVEN'T GAINED, my attitude is so much better, and I feel much stronger in my workouts.

Once I eeek up to 2000-2200 and sit there for a month or so, if I still don't see any losses in body fat should I go up or down?
  • andeey
    andeey Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • simplesolid
    Options
    Add me to the confused bunch.

Is my calculations right?

Current weight 370

Body fat = 39.5%

BMR = 2569 + 20% = 3,082.8

I exercise 3 - 4 times per week burning about 1 to 2k calories per day. What do I do?

Do I need to eat at least 3,000 calories per day? and what happens if I burn 1 to 2,000 calories per day?

Also do I set MFP calories goal to 3,082?

Thanks for any help.

I been doing the MFP since February but I haven't lost much still around 370 and I usually eat around 1500-1800 calories per day net.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Add me to the confused bunch.

Is my calculations right?

Current weight 370

Body fat = 39.5%

BMR = 2569 + 20% = 3,082.8

I exercise 3 - 4 times per week burning about 1 to 2k calories per day. What do I do?

Do I need to eat at least 3,000 calories per day? and what happens if I burn 1 to 2,000 calories per day?

Also do I set MFP calories goal to 3,082?

Thanks for any help.

I been doing the MFP since February but I haven't lost much still around 370 and I usually eat around 1500-1800 calories per day net.

Lets test it against my calculator, its more efficient.
    Post your:

Weight
    Body Fat%
    How often you work out

I'll post your stats and see if the numbers are close.
    =D
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    You are saying I can visit several websites, wear out the batteries in my calculator, and do it your way
    OR
    I can follow MFP's way.
    I've lost 33 #, reached my goal in November 2011, and have maintained since then.
    I'm sure you mean well, but if it ain't broke, don't fix it. If you don't like MFP's way, build your own site.
    Thanks anyway.

Congratz on your weight loss!!

But...

Haters to the left!

'Haters to the left!' :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Dan Thanks!!!! You should get a commission for all your hard work here.

You ran my numbers for me a few weeks ago and recommended I eat 2000 calories a day for a while then start alternating 2000/2200. For anyone else reading, I'm a 51 year old female, 5'6", 164#, 29.5% body fat (result of losing 75# and muscle mass and maintained for 10 years on extreme low calorie diet), trying to lose additional 15#, desk job and I burn 4200-5000 calories a week in "sneakers on" exercise - cardio, weight lifting, and weight bearing 6x/week.

I'll admit I've only found the courage to gross 1900'ish per day for the past month, I haven't lost more than maybe 1/2# in a month and I'm seeing the same +/-3# daily fluctuations I saw on 1200 calories a day, but I HAVEN'T GAINED, my attitude is so much better, and I feel much stronger in my workouts.

Once I eeek up to 2000-2200 and sit there for a month or so, if I still don't see any losses in body fat should I go up or down?

Getting to a weight loss goal means you can move on to other things.
    Calorie cycling for muscle gains while staying lean year round.
    Upping cardio if need be.
    Swimsuit shopping.