Replies

• BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • filledesiles
    filledesiles Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank you. Even if i am only burning 200-300 calories exercising - 5 days a week i wll still need to eat moderately active?? If i do the 30 day shred twice a week and brisk walk three days - is that enough exercise. Right now i am forcing myself to take a rest day and feel guilty when i do... Also when i am walking i feel that if i am not averaging around 140 bpm (80 percent mhr) i am not doing enough - maybe i need to slow down ??? My rhr is around 50 or less in the am. Thank you for your help - i am just wanting to get healthy - as i was 15 years ago before i had our 2 children and i now have "time" to take better care of myself!
  • filledesiles
    Options
    My GPS must be broken coz I can't get the map through my head. :(. I have been exercising 6 days a week with walking and 30 day shred burning between 2300 and 2400 calories per week (HRM). I have been doing this since feb 10 and i have only lost 9 pound . I eat between 1700 and 1900 on workout days and around 1600 on the rest day. I currently weigh 241 pounds and am 46 years old , 66 inches height. i thought the weight should be coming off faster at my size but i am getting very frustrated and feel like giving up! Am i still not eating enough??? Because my net diary is telling me to eat 1500 which i did for the first two weeks and i was really starving all the time? I am confused and i can't figure out how many calories i dhould be eating. Please help!

Drop down to 3 lifting days a week and take brisk walks on rest days.
    Take weekends off from any workouts.
    Try to only burn 200-300 cals a day.
    eat the calories given for moderate activity and see if there is a change.
    you are overtraining and your body needs to rest.

Try this for a month and see if you get some changes.

Btw your height and weight should have you netting 1800-2k daily.
  • filledesiles
    Options
    Tue 03/27/12 07:07 AM
    Thank you. Even if i am only burning 200-300 calories exercising - 5 days a week i wll still need to eat moderately active?? If i do the 30 day shred twice a week and brisk walk three days - is that enough exercise. Right now i am forcing myself to take a rest day and feel guilty when i do... Also when i am walking i feel that if i am not averaging around 140 bpm (80 percent mhr) i am not doing enough - maybe i need to slow down ??? My rhr is around 50 or less in the am. Thank you for your help - i am just wanting to get healthy - as i was 15 years ago before i had our 2 children and i now have "time" to take better care of myself!
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    This isn't in place of a road map - it IS my road map.

I am not trying to get to my destination by taking the fast lane and all the risks associated with trying to get there too quickly, I am happy to take the safer scenic road, and arrive at my destination happy and healthy.

:tongue:
  • katheebeth
    Options
    that was just to much
  • bz6134
    bz6134 Posts: 6
    Options
    bump
  • BlaireV
    BlaireV Posts: 137
    Options
    Saving for future reference. Thanks for the info!
  • gehlerc
    gehlerc Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    gotta bump!
  • Sharonks
    Sharonks Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I hope my body fat is accurate. It says 27.3% rather than the 35% my scale usually gives. I'm not sure how right my goal weight is though. It says 118. A few years ago I was 115 and still had a bit of a pouch left. Since I'm a student and spend loads of time sitting I think I will continue using MFP to track exercise and to eat back exercise calories but I did bump my minimum cals to BMR of 1260. Since I'm low carb I don't think I could eat much more than that.

Thank you for the excellent post.
  • drewnyc75
    drewnyc75 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Tue 03/27/12 07:07 AM

The human body can only lose so much fat a day.
    You are no exception!
    Rest is, in most cases, more important after working out than the actual working out!!!
    Try it for a month!
    Send em a friend request so we can keep in touch.
    ;D
  • AZnewme
    AZnewme Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Bump for review!
  • Helloitsdan
    Options
    I hope my body fat is accurate. It says 27.3% rather than the 35% my scale usually gives. I'm not sure how right my goal weight is though. It says 118. A few years ago I was 115 and still had a bit of a pouch left. Since I'm a student and spend loads of time sitting I think I will continue using MFP to track exercise and to eat back exercise calories but I did bump my minimum cals to BMR of 1260. Since I'm low carb I don't think I could eat much more than that.

you can be 100lbs with a pouch. Its all in the fat vs lean mass ratio.
  • Helloitsdan
    Options

I am not trying to get to my destination by taking the fast lane and all the risks associated with trying to get there too quickly, I am happy to take the safer scenic road, and arrive at my destination happy and healthy.

youve lost what....3% body fat eating about 1600 daily with 1 or 2 spike days of 3k in 5 weeks?
    Amirite?
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options

youve lost what....3% body fat eating about 1600 daily with 1 or 2 spike days of 3k in 5 weeks?
    Amirite?

Yep - you are correct.

I'm a very happy bunny.
  • mstemen
    mstemen Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Sharonks
    Sharonks Posts: 884 Member
    Options

you can be 100lbs with a pouch. Its all in the fat vs lean mass ratio.

Back then, I was working out pretty regularly with lots of yoga, crunches, aerobics etc. Also took a walk for 1/2 hr at lunch. Not sure my tummy can be flat again, I'm very short and I had decent sized babies that stood on my spine for the last few months they were in there. I figure when I reach my ideal weight I'll know it. I'm not one of those people who'll have to get too skinny just because that was my original goal.
  • filledesiles
    Options
    My GPS must be broken coz I can't get the map through my head. :(. I have been exercising 6 days a week with walking and 30 day shred burning between 2300 and 2400 calories per week (HRM). I have been doing this since feb 10 and i have only lost 9 pound . I eat between 1700 and 1900 on workout days and around 1600 on the rest day. I currently weigh 241 pounds and am 46 years old , 66 inches height. i thought the weight should be coming off faster at my size but i am getting very frustrated and feel like giving up! Am i still not eating enough??? Because my net diary is telling me to eat 1500 which i did for the first two weeks and i was really starving all the time? I am confused and i can't figure out how many calories i dhould be eating. Please help!

Drop down to 3 lifting days a week and take brisk walks on rest days.
    Take weekends off from any workouts.
    Try to only burn 200-300 cals a day.
    eat the calories given for moderate activity and see if there is a change.
    you are overtraining and your body needs to rest.

Try this for a month and see if you get some changes.

Btw your height and weight should have you netting 1800-2k daily.
  • filledesiles
    Options
    When i did the military fat and bmr it said i should be eating 2509 for moderate activity... Therefore if i have this correct i should eat 1000 caliries less than this to lose 2 pounds a week ie. 1509 ? I hope i finally have this figured out :)