Replies

• cjm109
    cjm109 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    I am still lost. If I set my goal on here as TDEE amounts indicated with what you posted, it has me only losing .30 per week.

Give it a try :)

I'm losing at 1600 per week, and MFP tells me I should be gaining.
  • candicejn
    candicejn Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I am still lost. If I set my goal on here as TDEE amounts indicated with what you posted, it has me only losing .30 per week.

Pretty sure you want to be looking at the BMR number, NOT TDEE. I believe TDEE is what you'd need to eat to maintain.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

If you take the number from the model Dan gave, this includes your exercise. The MFP number may not depending on how you have your setting - so do not worry, there will be actually an incremental deficit because of exercise that MFP may not have factored in and so your expected weight loss should be higher than the .3 per week.

Just go with the number from the tool and give it a few weeks - I am sure you will see the impact.
  • mamamudbug
    mamamudbug Posts: 572 Member
    Options

If you take the number from the model Dan gave, this includes your exercise. MFP does not - so do not worry, there will be actually an incremental deficit because of exercise that MFP has not factored in and so your expected weight loss should be hight than the .3 per week.

Just go with the number from the tool and give it a few weeks - I am sure you will see the impact.

So, because the exercise calories are added in using this method, you don't eat your exercise calories back? Just need a little hand holding... :ohwell:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

If you take the number from the model Dan gave, this includes your exercise. MFP does not - so do not worry, there will be actually an incremental deficit because of exercise that MFP has not factored in and so your expected weight loss should be hight than the .3 per week.

So, because the exercise calories are added in using this method, you don't eat your exercise calories back? Just need a little hand holding... :ohwell:

Sorry - I just editing my post as I realized I did not word it correctly
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

If these are from the model Dan gave - then yes, you are correct.
  • izzydino
    izzydino Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    LATER
  • mamamudbug
    mamamudbug Posts: 572 Member
    Options

If these are from the model Dan gave - then yes, you are correct.

Thank you!
  • mauibound2
    mauibound2 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • doornumber03
    doornumber03 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    bump
  • HealthyHappy120
    Options
    Bump bump bump!
  • mjbrenner
    mjbrenner Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    This has me eating 3345 calories a day. I am obese (40% bf), and I followed the procedure correctly, so I do not doubt the numbers. If I were thin I would still be a big guy (6' tall, broad build), so I am willing to give this a shot.

3345 calories a day? That sounds like a little piece of heaven.
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    Hi Dan,

I noticed earlier that you asked someone 'where they are in the journey'... if I've lost a large amount of weight on a VLCD (1,200 + exercise) is it possible that my BMR would actually be lower currently because of damage done to metabolism?

I've been on MFP for 11mths, and for at least 6 of those months I was at 1,200 calories. I lost 20kgs (45lbs).

Do I need to take that into account when I calculate my numbers?
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    This has me eating 3345 calories a day. I am obese (40% bf), and I followed the procedure correctly, so I do not doubt the numbers. If I were thin I would still be a big guy (6' tall, broad build), so I am willing to give this a shot.

3345 calories a day? That sounds like a little piece of heaven.

Use that 40% body fat to your advantage and start lifting heavy now.
    The amount of ATP stored in your body will quickly turn you into a brick wall.
    Check out Stronglifts 5x5 and starting strength and hit the gym 3 times a week.
    On off days take a 30 min walk.
    Youll melt fat and build muscle.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Hi Dan,

I noticed earlier that you asked someone 'where they are in the journey'... if I've lost a large amount of weight on a VLCD (1,200 + exercise) is it possible that my BMR would actually be lower currently because of damage done to metabolism?

I've been on MFP for 11mths, and for at least 6 of those months I was at 1,200 calories. I lost 20kgs (45lbs).

Do I need to take that into account when I calculate my numbers?

What are your stats now?
  • blueeyedcristi
    blueeyedcristi Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I'm updating my calories & macro nutrient percentages tonite. Excited to see how this plays out!
  • lds72
    lds72 Posts: 12
    Options
    Thank you!!
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    I'm 159cm tall.
    105.3kg (but I put on 2.8kg this week so pretty sure some of that's water weight),
    38 yrs old.
    I don't know my body fat % but it's likely very high.

My starting weight was 125.2kg, 11mths ago.

I go to the gym 3 times a week, I'm currently recovering from knee surgery, but I usually lift heavy once a week and do resistance based cardio (BodyPump classes) twice a week.

Like I mentioned at least 6mths of my 11mths on MFP I was eating 1,200 cals.
  • jumpin15
    jumpin15 Posts: 30
    Options
    bump