In place of a road map!

Options

Replies

• Lukazetta
    Lukazetta Posts: 427 Member
    Options

I'm confused, lol. I went from 1290 to 1420 this week, but it appears I need to go even higher, to at least 1700 and then eat my exercise cals back?

Thank you to anyone who would be willing to help me out, I appreciate it :) I have 85lbs left to lose, so I want to learn how to do this right now, so I can be in the right place as I get down to my goal.

:flowerforyou:

If you calculate your TDEE w/o exercise (the way MFP does) - then you do eat them back.

However, calculate it with exercise and eat at a constant level all the time but you've got to make sure you DO exercise since you are eating the calories for it.
  • mkbledsoe
    mkbledsoe Posts: 132
    Options
    thanks for the info. I was way undereating. No wonder I felt empty all the time. I had also underestimated my fitness level. I exercise pretty hard 7 days a week, but my job is sedentary. I was considering myself lighly moderate. I still don't plan to eat as many calories as it said, but I am definetely going to eat more than I have been.
  • candicejn
    candicejn Posts: 458 Member
    Options

I'm confused, lol. I went from 1290 to 1420 this week, but it appears I need to go even higher, to at least 1700 and then eat my exercise cals back?

Thank you to anyone who would be willing to help me out, I appreciate it :) I have 85lbs left to lose, so I want to learn how to do this right now, so I can be in the right place as I get down to my goal.

:flowerforyou:

If you calculate your TDEE w/o exercise (the way MFP does) - then you do eat them back.

However, calculate it with exercise and eat at a constant level all the time but you've got to make sure you DO exercise since you are eating the calories for it.

Thank you!
  • alawra
    alawra Posts: 8
    Options
    Thanks for the great public service announcement!
  • shazzannon
    shazzannon Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    bump
  • HoosierMomma1
    HoosierMomma1 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    How do I figure out my proper activity level? I strength train but it's just body weight/12lb handweights, 3x/week and walk every day...a lot. This month I've hit over 10k steps every day, averaging about 12k. But they aren't all at a consistent rate-vary from normal to 3-4mph to sprints, depending on mood, day, etc. By some sites I've seen that means I'm moderately active, but it seems impossible that I'd be wanting to eat 2018 calories to -lose- weight.

I've fluctuated at the lightly active calories for a month, without much movement in any direction.

My stats- 5'2", 138lb, 32% BF *upset that @#$# number hasn't changed in MONTHS*
    Katch-McCardle = 1293 cals
    Activity Level Daily Calories
    Sedentary (little or no exercise, desk job) 1562
    Lightly Active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/wk) 1790
    Moderately Active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/wk) 2018
    Very Active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days/wk) 2246
    Extremely Active (hard daily exercise/sports & physical job or 2X day training, i.e marathon, contest etc.) 2474
  • BobbieLee1959
    BobbieLee1959 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    bump
  • fisherlassie
    fisherlassie Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • lizzzylou
    lizzzylou Posts: 325
    Options
    bump
  • MamaSonyaP
    MamaSonyaP Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Yoda, you are.

Great read, thank you so much!
  • ColleenDeBeasi
    ColleenDeBeasi Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much!
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    How do I figure out my proper activity level? I strength train but it's just body weight/12lb handweights, 3x/week and walk every day...a lot. This month I've hit over 10k steps every day, averaging about 12k. But they aren't all at a consistent rate-vary from normal to 3-4mph to sprints, depending on mood, day, etc. By some sites I've seen that means I'm moderately active, but it seems impossible that I'd be wanting to eat 2018 calories to -lose- weight.

I've fluctuated at the lightly active calories for a month, without much movement in any direction.

My stats- 5'2", 138lb, 32% BF *upset that @#$# number hasn't changed in MONTHS*
    Katch-McCardle = 1293 cals
    Activity Level Daily Calories
    Sedentary (little or no exercise, desk job) 1562
    Lightly Active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/wk) 1790
    Moderately Active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/wk) 2018
    Very Active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days/wk) 2246
    Extremely Active (hard daily exercise/sports & physical job or 2X day training, i.e marathon, contest etc.) 2474

Moderate activity.

Try it for a month and see how your pants fit!

Katch Mcgardle gives the more accurate BMR readings btw.
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Average daily calories: over 2000.
    Weight loss this week: 2.2 lbs
    <<< one very happy and well-fed camper!

Thanks to you, Helloitsdan and all the people who posted threads suggesting to increase calories!
    I could kiss you all! :flowerforyou:
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    oops, nevermind. :smile:
  • w2bab
    w2bab Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    bump
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options