In place of a road map!

Options

Replies

• SherrysLife2012
    Options
    Bumpin this to find it later, as I'm beyond confused and afraid to eat over 1600 cal. a day and my doctor wants me to eat less than 1500 a day. I'm barely losing weight and getting beyond frustrated. According to fat2fit, i should be eating 2471 a day, holy hannah, I'd be bed bound fat if I ate that much.

Sherry
  • jhayes28
    jhayes28 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    bump
  • filledesiles
    filledesiles Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My GPS must be broken coz I can't get the map through my head. :(. I have been exercising 6 days a week with walking and 30 day shred burning between 2300 and 2400 calories per week (HRM). I have been doing this since feb 10 and i have only lost 9 pound . I eat between 1700 and 1900 on workout days and around 1600 on the rest day. I currently weigh 241 pounds and am 46 years old , 66 inches height. i thought the weight should be coming off faster at my size but i am getting very frustrated and feel like giving up! Am i still not eating enough??? Because my net diary is telling me to eat 1500 which i did for the first two weeks and i was really starving all the time? I am confused and i can't figure out how many calories i dhould be eating. Please help!
  • editnonnalynn
    editnonnalynn Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    My GPS must be broken coz I can't get the map through my head. :(. I have been exercising 6 days a week with walking and 30 day shred burning between 2300 and 2400 calories per week (HRM). I have been doing this since feb 10 and i have only lost 9 pound . I eat between 1700 and 1900 on workout days and around 1600 on the rest day. I currently weigh 241 pounds and am 46 years old , 66 inches height. i thought the weight should be coming off faster at my size but i am getting very frustrated and feel like giving up! Am i still not eating enough??? Because my net diary is telling me to eat 1500 which i did for the first two weeks and i was really starving all the time? I am confused and i can't figure out how many calories i dhould be eating. Please help!

You should run the numbers based on the information at the start of this thread. However, you have lost 9lb in about 6 weeks - this is more or less what you should expect. The most you should try to lose is 2lb a week if you are more than 40lb overweight and 1lb under that until near your goal - then it should drop to 1/2 lb. Obviously actual weigh loss varies individual to individual, and can vary due to water retention and other factors. I am not sure how overweight you are, but remember, it takes a long time to put the weight on, you need to be patient to take it off. Hang in there (and run your numbers).
  • mjbrenner
    mjbrenner Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    This has me eating 3345 calories a day. I am obese (40% bf), and I followed the procedure correctly, so I do not doubt the numbers. If I were thin I would still be a big guy (6' tall, broad build), so I am willing to give this a shot.

3345 calories a day? That sounds like a little piece of heaven.

Use that 40% body fat to your advantage and start lifting heavy now.
    The amount of ATP stored in your body will quickly turn you into a brick wall.
    Check out Stronglifts 5x5 and starting strength and hit the gym 3 times a week.
    On off days take a 30 min walk.
    Youll melt fat and build muscle.

Heh - I am already a couple weeks into Stronglifts 5x5 - the changes are very noticeable. Thanks!
  • lilsassymom
    lilsassymom Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Bump:smile: .
  • MelKut
    MelKut Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I was curious so I calculated my current TDEE (just input my current weight as goal weight in the same formula) and it said about 2420 (Not even 100 over what I am set to eat for my goal weight TDEE).... Does that mean I'm probably going to lose weight really slowly? I hate not knowing what to expect. I'm fine with losing slowly but its the not knowing if I'm on the right track that gets me worried.

Also I have a bone to pick with the exercise levels...

Moderately Active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/wk) 2368
    Very Active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days/wk) 2636

What if I do moderate exercise 6-7 days? What if I do hard exercise 3-5 days?

I just went with Moderately because 4 days of the week I jog/run (~45min Sun/Tues/Thurs, Saturdays around ~60-80 min), but will add 10-20 minutes of strength/core work to Tues/Thurs, and will be doing 30 minute or less strength/HIIT mix workouts on Mon/Wed/Fri.
    So its not like I'm burning a TON on those short workouts (I will try to push to my max,but I know 12-15 minutes of HIIT is not going to burn as much as hard exercise for an hour).

I'm not sure what I'm trying to ask here :blushing: just thought I would throw some more info out there just in case someone has some insight.... :laugh:
  • Momkat65
    Momkat65 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    bump:smile:
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options

Drop down to 3 lifting days a week and take brisk walks on rest days.
    Take weekends off from any workouts.
    Try to only burn 200-300 cals a day.
    eat the calories given for moderate activity and see if there is a change.
    you are overtraining and your body needs to rest.

Try this for a month and see if you get some changes.

Btw your height and weight should have you netting 1800-2k daily.
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    I'm just doing my bodyfat % now (just got home from work)
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    I'm 159cm tall.
    105.3kg (but I put on 2.8kg this week so pretty sure some of that's water weight),
    38 yrs old.
    I don't know my body fat % but it's likely very high.

My starting weight was 125.2kg, 11mths ago.

I go to the gym 3 times a week, I'm currently recovering from knee surgery, but I usually lift heavy once a week and do resistance based cardio (BodyPump classes) twice a week.

Like I mentioned at least 6mths of my 11mths on MFP I was eating 1,200 cals.

My body fat percentage is 53.6%. (How embarrassing.)

So according to that, I should be on 1,700 approx for sedentary + exercise calories. Which is what I've just put my calorie intake up to, so I'm on track with that, I just need to know if I need to take into account the fact I've lost a large amount of weight at 1,200.
  • Mission2Me
    Mission2Me Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    if I put my goal weight it gives me a warning because it puts me below my BMR so I have to recalculate. I recalculated it for about a 20lbs loss. is that right?? now it says BMR:1371 and calories: 2410 BMI: 64.6% wow. I am 5.5 (65 inches) and 289 pounds right now. and have been struggling for months. no loss when I was eating 1500 calories a day. so I went up to about 2000 recently. so lost any help from anyone would help thanks.
  • lisa28115
    lisa28115 Posts: 17,271 Member
    Options
    if I put my goal weight it gives me a warning because it puts me below my BMR so I have to recalculate. I recalculated it for about a 20lbs loss. is that right?? now it says BMR:1371 and calories: 2410 BMI: 64.6% wow. I am 5.5 (65 inches) and 289 pounds right now. and have been struggling for months. no loss when I was eating 1500 calories a day. so I went up to about 2000 recently. so lost any help from anyone would help thanks.

what kind of exercise are you doing???
  • Mission2Me
    Options

well I have recently started adding cardio. depends on the day, turbo jam, walking, stationary bike...about three times a day. normally around 20 to 30 minutes. but outside of that. I am pretty sedentary. I did not add the exercise until after I upped my calories though,
  • lisa28115
    Options

well I have recently started adding cardio. depends on the day, turbo jam, walking, stationary bike...about three times a day. normally around 20 to 30 minutes. but outside of that. I am pretty sedentary. I did not add the exercise until after I upped my calories though,

so is 64% your body fat percentage or your body mass index
    what is your BMR and your goal weight??

and u are exercising 5x a week for around 60 min???
    does the turbo jam have strength training exercises....I am not familiar with this routine even though alot of people use it
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Mission2Me
    Options

does the turbo jam have strength training exercises....I am not familiar with this routine even though alot of people use it

opps guess I wrote that wrong my body fat percentage is 64% but the BMR was right 1371. and wow I messed that up too (need sleep sorry) I exercise 2 to 3 times a week for about 20 to 30 minutes each time. its more of a kick boxing type of thing mixed with a bit of dance. Its kinda complicated. not sure if it is considered strength training though. my goal weight is around 150.
  • lisa28115
    Options

opps guess I wrote that wrong my body fat percentage is 64% but the BMR was right 1371. and wow I messed that up too (need sleep sorry) I exercise 2 to 3 times a week for about 20 to 30 minutes each time. its more of a kick boxing type of thing mixed with a bit of dance. Its kinda complicated. not sure if it is considered strength training though. my goal weight is around 150.

I sent u a PM
    strength training really helps
    don't think turbo jam has resistance training
    pilates is good or just plain dumbells
    i have a strenght training dvd that is really easy
    because I am a weakling:embarassed:

hope this helps you get on track:bigsmile:
  • Tenar13
    Tenar13 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Bump