How do you eat/drink your protein powder!?

Replies

• DLDzioba
    DLDzioba Posts: 422 Member
    I put it in waffles. O.o
  • Cassie6480
    Cassie6480 Posts: 4 Member
    I'm new to the whole protein powder thing, but I'm using Jillian Michael's vanilla cream. I blend with ice, a banana and unsweetened almond milk. It's all I've tried so far...simply because I like the taste. I'm sure there are better powders out there....I'm just afraid to spend the money and not be able to get them down. Is there a specific amount of protein per serving you should aim for?
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    I'm new to the whole protein powder thing, but I'm using Jillian Michael's vanilla cream. I blend with ice, a banana and unsweetened almond milk. It's all I've tried so far...simply because I like the taste. I'm sure there are better powders out there....I'm just afraid to spend the money and not be able to get them down. Is there a specific amount of protein per serving you should aim for?

Just whatever you need to meet your daily macros.

TruNutrition and Xtreme Formulations are by far the best tasting proteins on the market. On most bodybuilding sites they are always the top 2 when you are talking about flavor. The new iForce Protean is gaining a crowd and they have a flavor I want to try called Red Velvet Cake!
  • mightyafrodyte
    mightyafrodyte Posts: 148 Member
    Bump
  • sdrawkcabynot
    sdrawkcabynot Posts: 462 Member
    I need to try the spinach in my shakes... I use one scoop of Body Fortress cookies and cream. One scoop of vanilla. 5-7 frozen strawberries, 8 oz of non sweetened almond milk and about 8 oz of 90 caloried vanilla almond milk. I make it high caloried in the morning... and in the evening if I have another one - i stick to the non sweetened almond milk and take away the vanilla scoop. Keeps the cals lower for that late in the afternoon.
  • lmd172
    lmd172 Posts: 172
    bump!
  • gameovergt
    gameovergt Posts: 502
    muscle milk lite mixed with h20
  • Runningirl7284
    Runningirl7284 Posts: 274 Member
    I put half a cup of plain greek yogurt with 1/2 a scoop of protein powder (carmel lite) Taste sooo delish almost like icecream definitely a treat! :)
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    EVERY BRAND OF "cookies n cream" I HAVE TRIED TASTED LIKE *kitten*!! Why prolong it just mix it with water and shot it like a shot of alcohol. Its 3 seconds of horror then its all over. :wink:
  • minadeathclutch
    minadeathclutch Posts: 375 Member
    Thanks for the ideas! My personal trainer wants me to get some & I just didn't quite know what to do with it!

you can make pancakes out of it
    cookies
    shakes (ofcourse.. but shakes get boring and fast)
    put a scoop of it in your morning oatmeal.
  • jrditt
    jrditt Posts: 239 Member
    I have the pure protein from Target in frosty chocolate. I put in a scoop of that, some spinach, a banana and some frozen berries and water and you get this chocolate fruity tasting drink that hides the spinach well.
  • kaetmarie
    kaetmarie Posts: 668 Member
    My two favorites --

Choclate/PB Protein Shake
    1 cup Vanilla, Unsweetened Almond Milk
    1 scoop chocolate whey
    2 TBSP PB2 powder
    2-3 packets Stevia
    Ice

Protein Yogurt
    1 cup greek yogurt (I like Trader Joe's 0%)
    1 scoop vanilla whey
    Splash of vanilla extract
    1 TBSP chocolate chips
    1-2 Stevia packets
    (sometimes I thin it out a little with a splash of almond/skim milk... but not usually)
  • saverys_gal
    saverys_gal Posts: 808 Member
    Muscle Milk and Jay Robb are my two favorites taste wise but way too expensive. I'm very happy with my Body Fortress from Wal-Mart...just finished up a tub of cookies n' creme and am working thru the chocolate peanut butter now. I normally just toss a scoop in with my low carb milk for a shake in the morning-honestly I knock it back so fast with all my pills/supps in the morning I don't really taste it too much. I love using it to make protein pancakes. :) I've yet to make a successful fluff!! When I'm not watching carbs/sugars as much it's great to make a smoothie out of with fresh fruit. I can't wait to try proats!!!
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    I've never tried a protein powder or drink I didn't like.. What brand is it?
  • dieseljay74
    dieseljay74 Posts: 376
    I just slam it with some water
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    I like to mix it in a green smoothie. I will mix whatever fruits I want along with some spinnach and carrots. I usually make a blender full and give some to my kids also
  • Jasmine060101
    Jasmine060101 Posts: 2 Member
    I make a smoothie out of my protein shake and put fruits such as frozen pineapple, strawberries, bananas, cherries, mango ect.,(mango and bananas are pretty good) also you can add PB2 which is a powdered peanut butter and hershey's baking cocoa if you want chocolate. For more flavor you can add extracts such as vanilla, coconut, cherry, caramel , there are several extracts available. I have mixed coconut extract with bananas and pineapple and it is delicious. Yogurt also works well instead of using milk, some varieties have a lot of sugar so I search to find the one that has the least amount. Add ice and blend it well in a blender or I have a stick blender that I use at work. The protein powder that I use has only 104 calories a serving so the calories usually run around 400 a shake and that is my lunch or dinner. Since I am trying to lose weight the I bought mine through Muscle & Strength because they had the best deal on the Isofuel 100% Pure Whey Protein Powder. I hope this helps.
  • IPAfan5
    IPAfan5 Posts: 27
    Straight water, sometimes milk if I need extra calories for the day.
  • Get_Me_Fit
    Get_Me_Fit Posts: 42 Member
    I make smoothies with it.

for example..
    Ill add bananas, starwberries, apples, a vegetable, milk, a scoop a protein powder, and ice. Then ill blend it, and voiala!
    If you use this, just add any kind of assortment of fruit, milk, ice, and optional a veggie (:
  • I mix mine in a blender with skim milk, ice and I use sugar free pudding to flavor it (about a tablespoon). I also replace the milk with water from time to time. Tastes great! My fave is banana cream and chocolate pudding mix with milk - it thickens a little bit and has a slight pudding taste - it's delicious!