A food I can eat unlimited amounts of???

Options
Hi there.....
I'm hungry all the time! I snack on fruits, usually melon or apple but I am pretty sick of that, wondered if anyone knows of something I can snack on quite a bit and won't ruin my diet, I'm eating 1200 calories a day and doing ok with it.
Any ideas would be great, Ta.

Replies

• HotAshMess
    HotAshMess Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Sugar free gum. Lol.
  • Lollliiipopzzzz
    Options
    Cucumbers are great!!!
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Most pickles are 0 calories but high in salt... Water is 0 calories, tea is 0 calories until you put sugar into it...
  • new2locs
    new2locs Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Sugar free gum. Lol.

Yep that's about it!! The only thing I know that's zero calories! Do you exercise so you can eat more?
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options
    More information would be useful. Can you open up your diary? What is your current weight and activity level? No foods can be eaten in unlimited amounts without consequences.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Water or psyllium husk
  • hazev74
    hazev74 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    try drinking a huge glass of water when you feel hungry first, it might be just thirst??
  • lidybug1984
    lidybug1984 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't necessarily eat this all day but you could eat it often for very few calories.... Veggies dipped in salsa.... I like red peppers, cucumber and celery. It tastes good and keeps me full :)
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    i agree cucumbers...i also used to do a lot of sugar free jello
  • LovesGG
    LovesGG Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Lettuce and celery is mostly water.
  • iceqieen
    iceqieen Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    original.jpg
    http://lifehacker.com/5895525/are-bananas-as-bad-for-you-as-cookies-which-foods-to-eat-to-keep-you-full-and-not-crash-later

Also, consider increasing your calories. If you are hungry all the time, maybe some of it is your body wanting more energy not just you wanting to snack.
  • nikkiespo
    nikkiespo Posts: 42
    Options
    most vegetables have little to no calories. When I'm in snack mode, I have 3 servings of carrots, which is only 15 calories. But if you're constantly hungry, you may want to actually consider upping your protein and fiber intake. Both of these keep you fuller for longer and helps me curve my snack mode.
  • caspr2
    caspr2 Posts: 5
    Options
    Carrots, celery, and about anything you put in a salad except dressings.
  • Lib_B
    Lib_B Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    pickles help take the edge off for me. and usually after 3 or 5 pickle chips, i've had enough.
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Maybe eat some more.
    If you can still lose weight while eating more food and feeling full and satisfied, why wouldn't you?
  • Heidi_M78
    Heidi_M78 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Carrots, cucumber.
    Most salad veggies
  • honestlysweet
    honestlysweet Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I drink tea a lot, it gives me something to do, as I can honestly say, my cravings are not so much hunger, but for something to do so sipping tea works for me. Are you really hungry, like stomach growling, or do you just eat because you're bored? If you are bored, then you should find something to do besides eat.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Two suggestions

1. Up your calorie intake. 1200 is the MINIMUM and may be too low for you especially if you're just getting started.
    2. Eat more protein rich foods. Proteins take longer to digest and help keep you satisfied longer. Fiber-rich foods also help.
  • Hawksbillus
    Hawksbillus Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    More exercise = more food! :)
  • Lib_B
    Lib_B Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    most vegetables have little to no calories. When I'm in snack mode, I have 3 servings of carrots, which is only 15 calories. But if you're constantly hungry, you may want to actually consider upping your protein and fiber intake. Both of these keep you fuller for longer and helps me curve my snack mode.

agreed - if you feel like you are truly hungry - physical, not mental - you probably need to rethink what you are eating. string cheese is good, veggies and hummus, a boiled egg, etc.