DREAM JOB

Options
jessicaaa456
jessicaaa456 Posts: 70 Member
What's yours? If you could start life over again, what would you really aspire to be?

Right now I am trying to become a pro tennis player. If I don't, well, I would love to work in media, like film production, or a magazine editor for a huge magazine like Glamour or Cosmo :)

I guess I wouldn't mind being a fitness trainer either, or a sports manager. Something which I'm active and busy! I personally would hate a 9-5 office job (I know being a magazine editor is an office job but, THE CLOTHES SAMPLES! FASHION!)

Very interested to hear everyone elses thoughts!

Replies

• Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Probably a Game Developer would be my dream job
  • amyy902
    amyy902 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    neuro surgeonnnnnnn
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    Does 'Trophy Wife' count?
  • silvercat64
    Options
    Fiction writer. Though I'm hoping I won't have to "start my life over" for that.
  • acrego
    acrego Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Rock Star! I could learn a few chords on the electric guitar, and scream loud enough with my 1/2 octave range, so why not??? I see them all the time on TV & hear them on the radio, with no more talent than what I might have! :p
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    My first thought was baker :smile:
  • heychinook
    heychinook Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My dream job is to run a summer camp. I worked for two years at a summer camp, and was eating awful camp food ( every day featured some sort of ground beef dish and tasteless bagged salad) but I was outside playing every day. I weighed myself one month into the summer and had lost 10 pounds just from leading hikes and playing games!

The highlight, however, was watching kids learn about themselves. I worked at a 4-H camp, which mean the kids (usually) wanted to be there. It was incredible to watch how quickly friendships were made, and how sad goodbyes were after only one week of knowing each other. Kids who were normally on the outside of their communities were welcomed with open arms into groups of kids who had little in common aside from owning a cow or a horse. It was a chance for kids to either take down walls and become themselves, or to try out a new persona on a group of strangers. We don't often have opportunities to re-examine who we are and what we like to do, and I really believe summer camp is that opportunity.

I am working a desk job now, but trying hard to get a program ready for a soft launch of day camps or weekend camps for this summer. Wish me luck!
  • GreyhoundGuru
    GreyhoundGuru Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Running my own Retired Racing Greyhound Adoption group....
  • KansasRain
    Options
    if i could start life over i would LOVE to actually go to school and no skip so that way i could finish it and go to college and become an archaeologist or become a DR. I would love to travel the world and do something amazing either discover new things or help save lives.

I do have my writer's side though, i would love to write fiction i hope someday to go to college to help me reach that goal. I think i would like to maybe be a journalist as well.
  • princeza9
    princeza9 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Get into the bakery biz, something with social media or something with dogs.
  • mrsjennifermaffei
    Options
    Im working on my dream job. I want to be a therapist and help children in the family law court system.
    10036 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Author of comic books!
  • jessicaaa456
    jessicaaa456 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I would love to own a bakery! But I would probably eat everything... would be constant temptation. I ADORE the smell of bakeries, I always seem to gravitate that way whenever I'm in the supermarket, or when I walk past one I seem to always make my way through the door... If only I could eat whatever and never gain weight!
  • Firefighter_Jay
    Firefighter_Jay Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Already achieved it. I'm a firefighter. The only thing I would change is my inability to sleep while working. Being on a department that has 24hr shifts would be awesome. Only work 80 some odd days a year on that shift.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I do one of my dream jobs part time. I am a dog trainer. I take in dogs/puppies with training issues and keep them for 3 weeks and work with them on their issues. I have a real job that pays the bills since my dog training job is done under someone else's business and insurance. I would need at least 4 dogs a month if I did it on my own and since there's no guarantee how many dogs I could take in (and I don't want to neglect my dogs by having too many others here), I can't do it as a full time job.

My other dream job would be to own a bed and breakfast in the mountains. It would be pet friendly and I would offer pet sitting for the people staying there if they wanted to travel or go some place that doesn't welcome pets.
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I've got mine, I'm a writer.

That's not to say my goal hasn't changed over the years, but it's always been what it is in my heart. I've been a talented writer since I was very young. I was reading and writing by two, and was first published when I was seven, but it was always an interest and not a career goal. I believed writing well was something everyone could do, and never imagined I'd be paid for it.

So, I took another route, did something else I adored and studied TV Production at university. Only after graduation did I begin to realise that people WOULD pay me to write, and now I do. I get paid to write, and I'm also working on a children's novel for charity. Love it. It's great that the one thing that's always been my love throughout my life has turned so well into my career, even though I cast the idea aside at a young age and tried to do other things. It all just slotted back together.
  • princeza9
    princeza9 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I do one of my dream jobs part time. I am a dog trainer. I take in dogs/puppies with training issues and keep them for 3 weeks and work with them on their issues. I have a real job that pays the bills since my dog training job is done under someone else's business and insurance. I would need at least 4 dogs a month if I did it on my own and since there's no guarantee how many dogs I could take in (and I don't want to neglect my dogs by having too many others here), I can't do it as a full time job.

My other dream job would be to own a bed and breakfast in the mountains. It would be pet friendly and I would offer pet sitting for the people staying there if they wanted to travel or go some place that doesn't welcome pets.

If I may ask, how did you become a dog trainer? I was thinking about doing it, but have no idea where to start. And no dog either ATM.
  • jcriscuolo
    jcriscuolo Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Movie director
  • ThePunkHippie
    Options
    I'm doing my dream job - I'm an artist

although it's not my dream paycheck :P
  • cardiokitten
    cardiokitten Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Ah if only puppy breeder/preschool teacher/pediatric nurse/graphic designer/housewife/hairstylist/runway model was all one position...