So I Got Asked How I'm Losing Weight....

Options

Replies

• waldenfam2
    waldenfam2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I've been asked a few times lately, especially since I'm a diabetic and off all but one of my meds. I tell them simply that I'm eating healthy and exercising, no secret charms or potions here.

Some of the classic responses I get are, oh I don't like to eat that kind of stuff, or I'm allergic to this or that, and the classic, I'm to busy. I always feel like their saying that I'm not busy (3 kids and I work), or that I automatically just loved healthy food. Its a choice, eat to live, or live to eat.
  • waldenfam2
    waldenfam2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    My friends also ask me but once I mention diet and exercise, they're either like:

"Oh I hate working out" and even better, "I love food too much to do that".

Excuses are excuses.

I just tell them if they manage to find a magic way to lose pounds and inches, they should notify me.

Omg, that is hilarious...I think I should start using that one!
  • PlainJade13
    Options
    I'm sick of seeing people make excuses and whine about their weight because I was once a person like that. But I'm done with making excuses, now I'm making history.
  • Azzne
    Azzne Posts: 17
    Options
    They should have a like button... But in any case, I agree!
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    constantly happens to me. "oh, you log everything? that seems difficult" i'm like, "yeah, if it were easy, it would be called 'your mom.'"

blahaha, so awesome :laugh:
  • sevencallmemom
    sevencallmemom Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    My fave is when they ask and I tell them the cold hard truth and they talk about how lucky I am that I can do that...lucky to have the willpower to stick to a diet and lucky I have so much time on my hands (being a stay at home mom) to workout...

Whatever...if your excuses keep you warm at night, who am I to take that away from you.

Honestly I just think to myself, "You must not want it that bad" and move on.
  • Hernandeak11
    Hernandeak11 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    The thing is: YOU wanted it, so YOU made it happen; good for you!

They'll just have to get used to disappointment if they keep up that attitude
  • aSunflower
    aSunflower Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I got so sick of it that now I say "I am really busy right now" or " I don't feel comfortable talking about it at work but if you are really interested, give me a call and we can sit down and I will tell you everything"

No one ever calls! :laugh:
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    I got tired of the dull looks when I said that I track my diet and exercise. So I have named it the "Burn em to earn em" plan.
  • student94
    student94 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    My dad always used to say "When you're looking for an excuse, any one will do."

I hate when people are looking for magic weight loss secrets. If it was quick and easy, everyone would be thin.
  • christinet8504
    Options
    constantly happens to me. "oh, you log everything? that seems difficult" i'm like, "yeah, if it were easy, it would be called 'your mom.'"

Im going to have to steal that! :tongue:
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options

That's so awful that it's hilarious!

Congrats on the weight loss!
  • sherry9300
    sherry9300 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I guess I should have expected it. After she cut me off, the other two turned to talk of liposuction and tummy tucks. Ugh!
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    When someone asks me what I did to lose the weight, I will reply with, "I stopped making excuses."
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    When someone asks me what I did to lose the weight, I will reply with, "I stopped making excuses."

iIm gonna use that!
  • lizz3lizz
    lizz3lizz Posts: 14
    Options
    I find it easier to just say "I eat less"
    which is accurate........

Love this one, it's the truth and it's short. No discussions about anything!
  • Lost_Mermaid
    Options
    Yet they somehow have plenty of time to down that slice of cake...

LOL!
  • its_supermom
    its_supermom Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Same thing here! I say exercise and accountability for my eating choices with the help of MFP! Love the comment about being your mom because I actually use this as a tool for making sure my kids eat nutriously too!! :tongue:
  • kellyyjean
    kellyyjean Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    One of my MFP pals posted "If you want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse."

very true!:wink:
  • kao1114
    kao1114 Posts: 51
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss! People like that crack me up! They want to know what you are doing but if the answer isn't "I put on these here magic pants and the fat melted away while I slept," they don't want to hear it!