What do you miss?

Options
13»

Replies

• Buddhasmiracle
    Buddhasmiracle Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    I eat mostly everything including smaller portions of sweets that I enjoy, and always include it in my diary. I do have a couple of "trigger" foods ( Trader Joe Maple Cookies and Coffee Ice Cream) that at least for now it's better that i not have them at all. I haven't any idea what it is about these two items. It's some sort of sensory thing -- taste, texture, maybe a positive childhood memory-- I imagine.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    The only thing I've given up completely is sodas, and I honestly don't miss them at all, not even my Dr. Pepper. :bigsmile: Other goodies I still eat, but in smaller portions, and/or far less often (potato chips, cookies, ice cream, etc).
  • cbh142
    cbh142 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Cheese here too...there is a great cheese department at my local grocery store- I used to get lost in there, now I cruise right by it.

Donuts too- I ate a donut probably three or four times a week! That's awful! I just love that white frosting though...
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Honestly, nothing. I eat what I crave, but in smaller quantities than I used to.
    Same. This is why I will eat like this for the rest of my life. It's no diet. It's how I eat. I'm gonna have some chocolate after dinner. :)
  • monharri
    monharri Posts: 78
    Options
    cake, i had a serious sweet tooth.
  • MandyL1981
    Options
    Mt. Dew...my favorite drink ever.
  • Sharonks
    Sharonks Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I miss my giant amounts of Thai Pineapple Chicken Fried Rice. They don't sell it in small amounts... and yeah... moderation with certain things? Completely impossible for me. :)

Find someone to share with so you can still have some but you'd have to assault the other person to get their half!
  • Sharonks
    Sharonks Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I miss rice, bread and potatoes. i firmly believe that moderation is the key to losing weight and don't advocate that people stop eating food groups. The exception to this is when your body can't tolerate something. My blood sugar has continued to escalate over the last year. I have found that it is not possible for me to eat any starch and most fruit without messing up my blood sugar. Dr. says I can't have any more meds at this point so my only choice is to rot or not eat much carbs.
  • student94
    student94 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Teriyaki chicken with fried rice from a take-out hibachi restaurant. I used to drown it in white sauce. It was so so good. I don't live near a comparable restaurant anymore, and I am pretty happy about that. I don't even want to know how many calories where in that meal.
  • mammothdoll
    Options
    Right on, sister.
  • DonnaRe2012
    DonnaRe2012 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you. Twizzlers are like crack for me !!
  • kailaburch89
    kailaburch89 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    What food do you most miss since dieting and what's your guilty pleasure?

for me it HAS to be sweets specifically BROWNIES. yum!!!!

Deffinatley my coffee "dare" and milkshakes!