108 Pounds Down.. Now to maintain it.

Options
niknak0508
niknak0508 Posts: 430 Member
Hiya MFP!!!

I want you all to know that my journey is far from finished. It has taken me over 2 long, hard years to get where I am today. There has been a lot of tears shed, aches and pains, sweat, failures, stress and a mountain of things to overcome. But I am here to tell you, I have NEVER given up on myself and that is the number one key to your successes. I feel great in my new body and I wouldn't change anything I've done to get here. I've done this naturally the entire way. Starting with weight watchers in 2009, I was successful for a year. I hit a plateau and got frustrated for several months trying to get off of it. I found MFP in April of 2011 and have been so successful here. I have no secrets, I eat what ever I want (sweets, pizza ect) in moderation of course and make sure I track every single bite. I have bad days, but always get up the next and do my very best to get back on track. That to me is one of my biggest successes, knowing that even if I have a couple of bad days, with eating habits being thrown off track, I KNOW I can now overcome them and move on the next day. Some of my closest MFP friends have asked for updated photos, I added a couple at the end that I took this evening......excuse the short shorts.....

Starting at 255lbs, I am currently 147lbs and doing everything I can to maintain that. I am focusing on running and have been very successful. I've done two virtual 5Ks and am looking forward to more soon. This weekend March 31st I will be running my very first REAL 5K for the American Heart Association and I am beyond nervous, but excited to get in there and do my best!!

011-2-1.jpg

I hope I can help encourage you to keep going, even when the times get rough! This is a definite LIFESTYLE change and you HAVE to keep thinking that to get through it. You CAN do it and you should NEVER tell yourself otherwise!! Thank you all for being such a great support group for me and so many others!

Nicole

Replies

• BOLO4Hagtha
    BOLO4Hagtha Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    good work! you look great :)
  • Jezebel_Barbie
    Jezebel_Barbie Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Wow you look amazing! Your starting weight was close to mine so you have defintiely inspired me to stick at it! Good luck on your run.
  • odonogc
    odonogc Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Best of luck with maintenance! I just started and it's tough to find the right balance, but I am SURE you can do it!
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Thank you SO MUCH for the inspiration!!! You look FANTASTIC!!

KEEP IT UP (and OFF!) SEXY!!
  • LenaMena87
    LenaMena87 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Damn girl!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Amazing jog, a huge congratulations to you!
  • AmyM713
    AmyM713 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the inspiration, you look amazing, good luck on the rest of your journey!
  • lanenalatina
    lanenalatina Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Thank you SO MUCH for the inspiration!!! You look FANTASTIC!!

KEEP IT UP (and OFF!) SEXY!!

^^^ Like wise!!! I feel exsactly the same!!!

6540321.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Just curious - how tall are you?
  • kimiec
    kimiec Posts: 62
    Options
    Wow looking good if you ever have a down time and wonder if you can maintain your weight just come take a look at the pics you posted they should help you to remember where you never want to be again.
  • Tanyawhite30
    Options
    WOW!!! Great job!!! You look Amazing!!!
  • katekrise
    katekrise Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! You look amazing!

Good luck on your race! You'll do great!
  • Missalybelle
    Missalybelle Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    oh wow congratulations! AMAZING results! you can totally keep this up, you look great!
  • vyanadevi
    vyanadevi Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!!!! Keep up the good work and you are an inspiration to me and I am sure everyone else.
  • Kaylene1969
    Options
    Fantastic job! You look wonderful! I hit my first goal today of 20 pounds gone, but nervous about what I have left to go. Your words helped me to think of it as a lifestyle! Thank you for your help and inspiration.
  • Kaesize6
    Kaesize6 Posts: 68
    Options
    Hiya MFP!!!

I want you all to know that my journey is far from finished. It has taken me over 2 long, hard years to get where I am today. There has been a lot of tears shed, aches and pains, sweat, failures, stress and a mountain of things to overcome. But I am here to tell you, I have NEVER given up on myself and that is the number one key to your successes. I feel great in my new body and I wouldn't change anything I've done to get here. I've done this naturally the entire way. Starting with weight watchers in 2009, I was successful for a year. I hit a plateau and got frustrated for several months trying to get off of it. I found MFP in April of 2011 and have been so successful here. I have no secrets, I eat what ever I want (sweets, pizza ect) in moderation of course and make sure I track every single bite. I have bad days, but always get up the next and do my very best to get back on track. That to me is one of my biggest successes, knowing that even if I have a couple of bad days, with eating habits being thrown off track, I KNOW I can now overcome them and move on the next day. Some of my closest MFP friends have asked for updated photos, I added a couple at the end that I took this evening......excuse the short shorts.....

Starting at 255lbs, I am currently 147lbs and doing everything I can to maintain that. I am focusing on running and have been very successful. I've done two virtual 5Ks and am looking forward to more soon. This weekend March 31st I will be running my very first REAL 5K for the American Heart Association and I am beyond nervous, but excited to get in there and do my best!!

011-2-1.jpg

I hope I can help encourage you to keep going, even when the times get rough! This is a definite LIFESTYLE change and you HAVE to keep thinking that to get through it. You CAN do it and you should NEVER tell yourself otherwise!! Thank you all for being such a great support group for me and so many others!

Nicole

Well U look AMAZING!!! I especially love this story b.c I am EXACTLY where you were, and my goal is to be where you are now! ALmost an exact storyline that I pray and hope to tell one day! U look INCREDIBLE! I
  • 1_Slick_Chick
    1_Slick_Chick Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    AMAZING!!! You look GREAT in those shorts no need to apologize. I will be in shorts like that too one day :bigsmile:
  • final10
    final10 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    You're awesome! I know you will maintain it, enjoy your first race!
  • bobthesmogs
    bobthesmogs Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing. I'm a little down, cause the scales aren't moving. But you are right!!! I'm just going to look forward to how I will look and feel in 6 months time and keep on keeping on! Congrats on your achievement, you're an absolute inspiration .... thanx again for sharing!
  • KristaWeiss
    KristaWeiss Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! I know it's hard work and it's showing on you for sure!!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!