anyone else like to drink white wine??

Options

Replies

• lala40217
    lala40217 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    i find that now that i'm doing chalean when i get home from work i just dont have much appetite for wine. i would have a glass most nights while making dinner. btw... a white beaujolais is one of my favorites.
  • auntygill
    auntygill Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I still have a glass or 2 or 3 at the weekends , i usually have white wine and soda , (i have done for years now ) I have to be able to maintain at the end of this journey so still having my wine is important to me . so wont be giving up in the forseeable future.:smile:
  • frillypantz
    frillypantz Posts: 134
    Options
    Before i realised how many calories in wine i could get through a whole bottle every two days!!
    I gave it up completely for about a month, but totally cutting it out it just made me want it more!
    I still drink (maybe 2-3 glasses a week), but as long as i remain around my calorie goal, it's fine.
  • Eadne
    Eadne Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I don't eat my exercise calories so that gives me a bit of wiggle room to have a few glasses of wine at the weekend. I restrict alcohol to Friday and Saturday nights only, and I try to eat more protein and less carbs/fat on those days. Also I usually stick to a white wine spritzer (dry white wine topped up with soda water and a couple of ice cubes) or spirits on the rocks.
  • geordiegirl27
    geordiegirl27 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    too right do I like a glass of wine, I think life is too short to cut out things you enjoy.

I dont drink excessively and have a few alcohol days free each week.

I make sure I allocate all the relevant calories and take it out of my allowance, if I'm running short on calories after meals then I will add in an extra bit of exercise to compensate.

Now wheres that chilled Sauv Blanc ?? :drinker:
  • Katy_V
    Katy_V Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hurray wine! I try my best to live a healthy lifestyle, and wine sure puts the style in my life...

Seriously though, I train for and run marathons without giving up drinking. My body tells me what it does and doesn't want.
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I drank through weight loss, I drink through maintenance. Life's too short! :drinker:

Also....it didn't make the damnedest bit of difference to my weight loss.

Pass the corkscrew!!!! ; )
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I ADORE white wine, especially Chardonnay. I only have one-two glasses very occasionally, maybe once a month or so, which is all I did before starting to lose weight, anyway lol, so I haven't changed my habits at all. I may be a little more careful with my sugars if I know I will be having a glass, but I just don't worry about it too much for myself. Life is WAY too short not to be able to enjoy things that you love sometimes...
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I love all wines. :drinker:

Well, maybe not riesling.
  • nevertoolate2
    nevertoolate2 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    A dry Riesling is a wonderful thing, the sweet not so. Prosecco, yum, OMG I am at work and imagining the glug, glug!

I drink wine because I find it helps my diet, if I drink a bottle I forget to eat!!!!!!!
  • lilsaph
    lilsaph Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I like a nice glass of wine (or two, or three, lol!) now and again and it hasn't stopped me losing weight. If I drink wine a lot I tend to get a 'wine' belly so most of the time I try and choose a vodka and sugar free lemonade with a splash of lime - yummy and low in cals as far as alcohol is concerned.

At the end of the day if you were to cut out something you loved completely you'd probably only crave it anyway and end up 'binging' to satisfy a craving!!
  • Dare2BThin
    Dare2BThin Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    MOSCATO! Yes Please! Regular or pink...I work it into my calories usually on the weekend and maybe once during the weekend. not giving it up you couldnt pay me
  • Ayirela
    Ayirela Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Love Wine, Love Vodka

I haven't had any as I've only been doing this for just under 2 weeks....but everything is fine in moderation...enjoy your wine just maybe don't down 2 or 3 bottles in a night and you should be fine <3
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    preamble: yes i know how terrible it is for weight loss....in this forum im looking for those who like to drink it anyway and still enjoy their weight loss journey...or just those who have a kind word.

ive met many people on this site who are WONDERFUL, and others who think they should be able to down talk others efforts. here im looking for others who are losing weight while not giving up drinking?

any stories, tips, advice...all appreciated!!

Hello, you are talking to the right person as I am on my umpteenth glass right now. :) And this is not a rare occurance ...

I usually prefer red but the cheap stuff will do for now ;)

My take on it is that as long as I follow my nutrition guidelines well during the day I can afford to cut myself some slack in the evening. Yes, I could probably shed weight faster by not drinking it but hey, I like it and it's working for me.

I also don't log it ... But I am certifiably bonkers as I don't think the whole calories in/out thing should be the focus ....
  • mamacology
    mamacology Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm a Red Wine lover, Merlot to be exact. Thanks for posting this, im just beginning my journey and i enjoyed reading the comments to your post.
  • amybrauch
    amybrauch Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I drink it all the time. I just try to fit it into my calories. Sometimes it puts me over & sometimes it doesn't. I like red, as well. :drinker:
  • EveyRose
    EveyRose Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I drink wine almost everyday for cholesterol/heart reasons, I prefer reds but do enjoy a zinfandel on occasion! myhusband and I also drink beer on the weekends. no it doesn't help with the weight loss but if i'm not enjoying my life why should i work on trying to lose the weight anyway.
  • FormulaDebbie
    Options
    I prefer red wine myself - stomach doesn't like white wine....I have wine each evening with my dinner and on weekends a little more, but I actually measure out my wine so I can calculate the calories accordingly. Playing a guessing game of how much you are drinking is not a very good idea because more than likely you will tell yourself it isnt as much....always measure it and then you know for sure you are staying accurate with your calories.

ENJOY!
  • josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    :drinker: I like red wine, beer, Sunday mojito's, and the occasional whipped vodka and Diet Dr. Pepper. The only reason it holds my weight loss back a bit is because I tend to lose inhibition and snack while doing it... but I toast you all my fellow imbibers! :drinker:
  • SandyAnnP
    SandyAnnP Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I am really enjoying reading these replies. They have put a " smile on my dial" LOL
    -and yes, I have had a couple of chardies tonight and I am still a little under my calorie allowance! CHEERS!!!!!!