Options
GroupXZ
GroupXZ Posts: 196 Member
IS IT!? What are your thoughts because I think it is.:drinker:

Replies

• ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    Both serve a purpose and I would argue that they aren't really comparable.
    -wtk
  • Geeky_Girl
    Geeky_Girl Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    The other day I was thinking about how similar Facebook and MFP are. Yes, I think MFP is better than Facebook in a lot of areas. :happy:
  • kidakiwi04
    kidakiwi04 Posts: 238
    Options
    Time spent on MFP today, about an hour, time spent on Facebook about 10 minutes.

nuff said :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • abnerner
    abnerner Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    For me, yes!
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Yep
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Other than the fact that my work place doesn't block MFP (yet) where they do FB.... I would say they both serve different purposes... and thus have their own strengths and weaknesses.... Lately, I use both pretty equally.
  • cindylou_21
    Options
    I spend more time on mfp than on fb. I used to check my fb first thing in the morning, now I check mfp first.
  • carriem73
    carriem73 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I haven't logged onto my facebook account in months, but I am on MFP constantly!!!!
  • maryduggins
    maryduggins Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    mhmmm much better I think(:
  • rlawrimore
    rlawrimore Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm on MFP, 10x more than facebook.
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    For me it is. I find people are more honest on MFP than on facebook. And more supportive.
  • BlueInkDot
    BlueInkDot Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    MFP is approximately 74 gajillion times better than Facebook. Give or take.
  • Jennicia
    Jennicia Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    For me lately MFP has been more interesting for me then FB. I check MFP first and spend way more time on this site then I do my fb. Just my opinion tho.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    They're two entirely different entities.
  • pinthin87
    pinthin87 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I used to be really addicted to Facebook but as soon as I decided to kick my butt in shape I am on MFP more than Facebook. I never thought that would happen! :-)
  • kissy28wv
    kissy28wv Posts: 74
    Options
    MFP is much better!
  • M77308
    M77308 Posts: 183
    Options
    For me... Yes!! Facebook is mostly friends and family and their obnoxious lies about how fabulous their lives are. MFP is like a family in and of itself... so many people working toward one main goal - health and fitness. People also seem to be more open here... about their struggles, addictions, and even the little NSVs.. I find it refreshing.
  • Joannie30
    Joannie30 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I actually spend more time on MFP now than i do on Facebook. I think because we all share a common goal, it makes it more beneficial. I wouldn't like to post on Facebook statuses all the time about my weight loss journey and my questions etc as i know people would get tired of it very quickly. On MFP however it's ok though because that's the whole point of the site and i think it is excellent. Very helpful indeed.

I also like to read about other people's experiences of weight loss, seeing transformation pictures etc. Motivational. :-)
  • 2fit4fat
    2fit4fat Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    They are completely different... There is no comparison in my eyes
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    this is like asking do you take the bus to school, or do you bring your lunch.

the one personal difference for me is that facebook, i know most of my friends there personally. mfp is the opposite - i only know or have met a handful of my friends here.

but the purpose of each is so completely different.