Getting discouraged..could use friends for motivation

Options
Its been a long 6 months, I'm now at a point where I'm not as motivated as in the beginning. I work night shift and I'm finding it harder each day to force myself to the gym and to eat healthy rather than grab something fast. I've been doing it on my own but I think now I could use some support..I still have a good ways to go and I do NOT want to start this journey over from the beginning. Anyone want to be a friend? We can help each other! :happy:

Replies

• jaxbeck
    jaxbeck Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm very active in my journey & would love to help out in any way I can! I'll add ya!
  • AydensMom528
    Options
    I sent you a friend request! :) You look like you are doing so well so far. I'm excited to be back to MFP, I fell off the wagon for a spell lol but I'm back and better than ever! :)
  • hottea2
    hottea2 Posts: 8
    Options
    you are amazing! lost 40 lbs, maybe you can help me with the ten I cant let go of! :)
  • grumpya
    grumpya Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I know what its like if you are tired & trying to diet. Messes with the blood sugar! I'll add you, I'm on line quite a bit. Based in UK so might be different time zone
  • sparklefly74
    sparklefly74 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm another night shift person here. I totally understand how hard it is getting up and getting motivated to workout.
  • eightballsgirl
    Options
    Its not easy, I need all the support I can get
  • Dwamma
    Dwamma Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    WOW! 40 lb loss! that is awesome! You insprire me! I will add you and we and support each other! Remember: All things are possible with God on your side! :wink:
  • ishkabob
    ishkabob Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    oh no, don't get discouraged! i will add you if you want to be my friend on here - i'm by no means perfect in my journey, but i'm supportive and always appreciate having others around me that are also supportive! I think the friends aspect on here makes things so much more achievable than doing, say, weight watchers
  • Seminolegirl97
    Seminolegirl97 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm very active in my journey & would love to help out in any way I can! I'll add ya!

YES, add Jaxbeck and me! We are already MFP friends and motivate each other daily! We have plenty of room for one more!!! I'm frustrated too.... let's be friends and vent and motivate and celebrate when the victories come!
  • carrie1013
    carrie1013 Posts: 129
    Options
    Hi there, the support on here is wonderful! Feel free to add me. We can do this together :)
  • Stephyshoes
    Stephyshoes Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm new to the site and would love to start making some friends. :) Feel free to add me!
  • rlmcnay
    rlmcnay Posts: 62
    Options
    I use to work the night shift and know how hard it is to have a normal schedule let alone eat healthy. You can add me if you like, I would have no issue in helping give some encouragement from time to time. Just keep your eye on the goal!
  • LitaRose77
    LitaRose77 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I hear you loud & clear! I fell off the wagon myself for a little over a month. Thankfully, I've stayed the same weight, but I am tired of feeling so blah all the time & seeing the looks I get from strangers. I moved recently, so add that to the stress of learning a new job, getting used to a new area & state...

I am happy to report though that my consumption of fast foods has dropped considerably since I moved. I am shopping more regularly, cooking at home more & now that the weather is getting nicer, I am hoping to get out more & walk or bike after work. I park further away when at work, so I have to walk more.

Anyhow, I will add you & if anyone would like to add me as well, that would be fabulous!

15794839.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • LeslieMDoyle
    LeslieMDoyle Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'll send a friend request. I'm still early in my latest (and last!) fitness journey, so I'm pretty excited.

The first thing I thought of when I read your post was that this is a great time to start something new. I don't know exactly what you might be doing now. But it you're not weight lifting, maybe give that a shot. If you're not running now and think you might like it, try Couth to 5k. I recently was introduced to Nerd Fitness. I'm a computer geeky kind of chick and found that site interesting. Or grab a new workout video that you haven't tried yet (Jillian Michaels or Insanity or Zumba). Or grab a couple of co-workers and walk for 30-45 minutes after your shift in the morning. Something fresh and new to get you excited again!
  • baranzen
    baranzen Posts: 3
    Options
    I also work the night shift and can really relate to what your saying it is very hard to live a normal life.. I can help you and you can help me stay motivated since we are up at the sametimes of the day and night...Add me if you want..
  • KristyB32
    KristyB32 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! You guys are great! I just recently came back to this site after joining about a year ago. I never really checked it out before but I'm so glad I'm here now! I look forward to chatting and giving/receiving support! You are all amazing! We've got this!:bigsmile:
  • MariFitBody
    MariFitBody Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Im on the same boat girl. I lost all the weight now Im maintaining and toning and Ive lost all motivation. Im eating horrible on weekends. I need motivation asap :(
  • KristyB32
    Options

YES, add Jaxbeck and me! We are already MFP friends and motivate each other daily! We have plenty of room for one more!!! I'm frustrated too.... let's be friends and vent and motivate and celebrate when the victories come!

Thanks! I think I added you both..I'm a little slow still trying to figure this out..just bare with me! :) look foward to chatting more!
  • KristyB32
    Options
    oh no, don't get discouraged! i will add you if you want to be my friend on here - i'm by no means perfect in my journey, but i'm supportive and always appreciate having others around me that are also supportive! I think the friends aspect on here makes things so much more achievable than doing, say, weight watchers

Yes! I want to be your friend! Im pretty sure I added you, as I said I'm a little slow and still learning. I think friends are definitely a great key to success in the weight loss journey. Look foward to chatting and supporting each other! :)
  • KristyB32
    Options
    you are amazing! lost 40 lbs, maybe you can help me with the ten I cant let go of! :)

Aww thanks! It's been an extremely tough battle. I do believe anything is possible if you want it bad enough. I don't know how I've come to this point alone, but I'm hoping it changes and I think it will be great having support as well as being able to give it as well! Btw..you look GREAT! :)