people who have had success by upping their calories!

Options
18910111214»

Replies

• msamph
    msamph Posts: 2
    Options
    One more thing. It's not that you eat more calories, it's what you eat. The combination of the right Carbs and the right Proteins matters. This is important!!! My husband dropped 20 lbs and his blood sugars, because he is diabetic has dropped to a first time low! thedietsolutionsprogram.com This website will give you the balance that is necessary for your body type. Good luck.
  • candicejn
    candicejn Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Ok, so week 1 of calorie increase and I lost 1lb. Previous week (before cal increase) I lost 0.8, so I'm happy with 1.0 for the first week. I'm still a few hundred below my estimated BMR because I wanted to raise it slowly to see how my body will react. I'm doing one more week at 1600 (plus exercise cals), then up to about 1750 net to see how it goes for a full month before reassessing. I started at 1290.

But even over the past week I've noticed I have a LOT more energy, I'm not as cranky, and I can get through my workouts so much easier (3X cardio, 2X toning per week). I even found my C25K workout fairly comfortable today, which is awesome for me.

So we'll see how week 2 goes :-)
  • CharleneExtreme
    Options
    ARGH!!! First day of upping my cals completed and ive gained half a pound (though if I'm honest, I've gained more on days I've eaten less!) I don't want to get discouraged, especially if this works! Roughly whats the longest its taken people to start getting losses? I really don't want to go back to Weight Watchers - It worked for a while, but to be honest it felt like i was starving myself!

How many weeks did it take to lower your metabolism and get little to no weight loss?

It can take awhile to go back up too.

Honestly, I've no idea! Been dieting for over 10 years on and off. I'm a yo-yo literally! (hmmm.... good idea for a username...)
    Anyway, I'm a few days into eating more and maintaining so far - which is good since I've gained eating less!
  • CharleneExtreme
    Options
    One more thing. It's not that you eat more calories, it's what you eat. The combination of the right Carbs and the right Proteins matters. This is important!!! My husband dropped 20 lbs and his blood sugars, because he is diabetic has dropped to a first time low! thedietsolutionsprogram.com This website will give you the balance that is necessary for your body type. Good luck.

I can't find anything that doesn't need you to fork out cash on here... I'm pretty certain that if you want to set your Carbs, Proteins and Fats, you just set MFP goals to 40% Carbs, 30% Protein, 30% Fat. Seems about right!
  • malama2913
    Options
    I was suggested to up my cals to 2166 and with this amount I don't eat back my exercise calories, but I was wondering if I still eat that amount on the days I don't exercise??
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I was suggested to up my cals to 2166 and with this amount I don't eat back my exercise calories, but I was wondering if I still eat that amount on the days I don't exercise??

If that level included exercise acivity - then yes. Where was the suggestion from?
  • malama2913
    Options
    I got the equation to figure out my daily calorie from "helloitsdan" he is another member on this site!! It is your BMR x your activity level, then you - 20%
  • gonna_do_it_56
    gonna_do_it_56 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    bump for later for when I have time to read everyone comments
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I got the equation to figure out my daily calorie from "helloitsdan" he is another member on this site!! It is your BMR x your activity level, then you - 20%

OK - then you keep your calories constant.
  • malama2913
    Options
    I still feel like it is a lot of food lol, but I am going to give it a try! I was also told to lower my exercise down to 4 days a week so it gives your body proper rest and recovery. I am kinda of scared to be eating that many cals and only working out 4 days a week. Has anyone else been in this situation and lost weight. I am 31 years old , 5'8 and still need to lose 70 pounds!
  • Marge321
    Marge321 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    20 days on MFP for me : I'm 23 years old, female, 5'10''

First 10, I was eating 1500 calories: felt ok even if it was like my BMR, think it was more then I was eating before, I'm not sure.

Then I've read things on "Eat more weigh less" group and realise that at my age and my height, I should eat more. After those maths, I'm now eating 2250 calories a day. Yeah, seems huge.

Been at it almost for 10 days now and dropped 2 pounds. For me, I think this will work !
  • lilmiss_sunshine29
    lilmiss_sunshine29 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    thanks for that.
    i've been wondering about eating a lil more in the hope I can actually lose weight. sometimes I feel hungry yet have next to no calories left...and despite tracking and walking...i've had weeks of no loss and on occasion an increase....much to my disgust!
  • melissa112
    melissa112 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm back again to MFP after putting on near 2 stone in the past year :( was wondering if anyone could help with my activity level.

I'm 5'2, 154lbs and want to get to at least 126 (more eventually). I walk my dog 1.5hrs a day, quite a normal pace as my girl has hip dysplasia and arthritis. However I have a desk job so don't know if I should put sedentary? I am planning to get up an hour early and walk my nans dog for an hour on 4 days a week. Am I lightly active or sedentary with or without the extra hours walk for my nans dog.

Ive calculates my TDEE (using lightly active) which was 1750and*0.8 to give 1400 calories a day. My BMR was 1273. If I should actually be sedentary then I'm eating more than I should and don't want to do that incase I don't lose. My body fat is 40% going by the military calculation on fat 2fit. Any help on activity level would be really appreciated!
  • MACnificence
    MACnificence Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    What a great thread !! Keep the posts coming guys and girls I'm just upping my calories today so this is definitely making me feel better about it
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    I was eating 1800, I eat 2200 now. I didn't do it all at once though l slowly upped it by adding refeeds. I had hit a plateau at 1800 with a crap load of cardio...never again
  • MACnificence
    MACnificence Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I was eating 1800, I eat 2200 now. I didn't do it all at once though l slowly upped it by adding refeeds. I had hit a plateau at 1800 with a crap load of cardio...never again

Same at a plateau doing a load of cardio , upping calories today thinking 100 calories at a time is a good way to do it ?