bump
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I've switched to using salsa =]
  • orangecrayon
    orangecrayon Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Balsamic! Oh my goodness I LOVE balsamic! But you don't have to give up on ranch! They have these spray dressings that are very low calorie, and what do you know? Ranch is one of them :) (So is balsamic--so I have them both)
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Honestly, make your own. it's infinitely better tasting and better for you than anything you buy in a bottle. It's super easy too. My go to is a combination of red wine vinegar, oil, seasoned salt, and italian seasoning. It's super versatile though. If I'm making a spinach salad, I omit the italian seasoning and add dijon mustard. Heck, sometimes I just but balsamic vinegar on my salad and call it a day. I either make a jar of the dressing and spoon it into a bowl, or I just make it at the bottom of the bowl and then toss the salad. Either way, fast and easy.
  • krissypea79
    krissypea79 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Bolthouse Farms dressings are THE BEST. Their ranch is delicious, and only 45 calories for 2tbsp. It's made with yogurt, and has less sugar than many other dressings...highly recommended!!!! They have a few other flavors as well, but I prefer the creamier dressings myself!! :smile:
  • Joshlsr225
    Options
    I use mustard...There' s zero calories in mustard, so..yeah, it's pretty rad.
  • Skinnymomma11
    Options
    I have been using Walden's Farm dressing, they have ZERO calories, Zero fat, Zero cholesterol, Zero Carb... and etc... And I still losing weight hmm... try that??

Other idea, I would give it a try!
  • turbophoenix
    Options
    I LOVE the Newman's Sesame Ginger - so good!
  • Casi23
    Casi23 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Fat free sour cream and one of those Ranch salad dressing powder mixes.

Tastes just like the real thing! I can't believe I waited 25 years to discover it....
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Recipe name Red Thai Curry Marinade/Salad Dressing (I use it for both because it's sooo delicious!)

Number of servings: 8 (1/4 cup servings because anything less doesn't "dress" my salad lol)

Kikkoman - Rice Vinegar, 4 tbsp
    Thai Kitchen - Red Curry Paste, 4 tbsp (15 g)
    Fresh Raw (Nutritiondata.Com) - Cilantro, 1 oz
    Christopher Ranch Garlic Minced In Water - Garlic, 6 tsp
    Sugars - Brown, 3 tsp packed packed
    Olive Oil - Extra Virgin (Great Value), 4 Tbs

I mix this in a big glass measuring cup then add enough water to get 2 cups of total liquid. You could add more and change the calorie count some, but this seemed the right taste and consistency to me. :-) I keeps in the fridge for a looooooong time. I just had some the other day after it had been in there at least 3-4 weeks.

Per Serving: 78calories 4carbs 0protein 7fat 2sugar 197sodium
  • maygans
    maygans Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I just add cottage cheese to my salad, and then a lower amount of ranch. Today my salad had 1/4c fat free cottage cheese and 1/2 tbsp of ranch dressing, and then I mix it all up. I like the curds in the salad and it moistens it well...and the ranch gives it flavor. I have no idea when I started doing this but it's my favorite way to have a salad! It's also a good way to get some more protein!
  • MoooveOverFluffy
    MoooveOverFluffy Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    GOOD AND CHEAP!

in a pint sized mason jar i mix and shake:

3 TBSP. extra virgin olive oil
    9 TBSP. raspberry-balsamic vinegar
    1 TBSP. dijon mustard
    1/2 tsp. onion powder
    1/4 tsp. dried oregano
    cracked black pepper

there are a bajillion variations on viniagrettes, just remember the 3:1 ratio of vinegar to oil.
  • ts1122
    ts1122 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    There are some good options in here! I am a ranch person also but I have recently become a fan of Wishbone's fat free zesty italian which I use on my chicken salads. I will have to try some of these suggestions though!
  • ajh1014
    ajh1014 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    My own Raspberry Vinaigrette -
    1 jar of Smuckers Sugar Free Raspberry Preserves - empty into a small mixing bowl.
    Red wine vinegar to fill up the Preserves jar - so you have equal parts
    1/2 c Splenda or to taste. I like mine a little sweeter
    Onion Flakes
    Small dash of Garlic Powder
    1 t dried mustard if you have it. Sometimes I leave it out.

Wisk together. Only about 22 calories for 2 TBS and a little goes a long way with this one!
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    @ Ranch Addict, myself... we were just wondering the other day what we ate before Ranch came out, I think it was Thousand Island, I don't like it now, though.
  • cedder1
    cedder1 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    If you like ranch, Bolthouse Farms makes a yougart ranch for just 45 cal per serving!! It is found by the bagged lettuce in the produce area of the grocery store.
  • azrose81
    azrose81 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Bolthouse Farm is the best dressing!!! Most of the dressings have 35 to 45 calories in 2 tablespoons! But the dressing is so thick you only need one! They are so yummy!
  • aliceng
    aliceng Posts: 1
    Options
    Salad dressing is one of my favorite subjects to talk about with my patients. I was working with a cardiologist one day and he had me translating, came to find a great idea!
    He suggested to his patient to keep her dressing seperate from her salad. Pour the dressing into a small bowl or small dish so that each time you go to fork your salad...you "fork" your dressing first. Essentially you dip your fork into your dressing before you fork your salad. This way your salad is not smothered with dressing and you get a little taste of it with every bite of your salad without getting the feel of too much dressing. You'll find you'll use less dressing giving you less calories. :flowerforyou:
    Enjoy!!
    -A.
  • DivaDiane
    DivaDiane Posts: 73
    Options
    This is my favorite Italian dressing:

Italian Salad Dressing

½ cup extra virgin olive oil ½ tsp. oregano
    ¼ cup red wine vinegar ½ tsp. dry mustard
    ¼ cup fresh lemon juice ½ tsp. paprika
    1 tsp. salt 1/8 tsp. thyme
    1 tsp. sugar 1 clove minced garlic

All ingredients may be adjusted to taste. Whisk all ingredients together. Refrigerate 1 hour to blend flavors. Bring to room temperature to liquefy olive oil and whisk before serving.
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I've switched to using salsa =]

THIS!

I make a fresh pineapple salsa that is DELICIOUS over salad. With all the chunky-ness of slasa there's little need to add anything else to the salad (except cheese of course, a good salad must have a little cheese lol)

Makes about 20 half cup servings.

Cucumber - Peeled, raw, 2 cup, pared, chopped
    Peppers - Jalapeno, raw, 4 pepper
    Onions - Raw, 0.67 cup, chopped
    Walmart Great Value - Light Brown Sugar, 6 tsp (4g)
    Fresh Raw (Nutritiondata.Com) - Cilantro, 1 oz
    Dole - Fresh-Cut Pineapple, 16 oz.
    Kroger - Roma Tomato- Medium, 6 medium (4 oz.)

Per Serving: 32calories 7carbs 1protein 1fat 6sugars 3sodium

And for the love of God, DO use gloves when handling the jalapenos and DO remove the seeds. If you don't remove the seeds you'll set your lips on fire!