Home alone & using the bathroom

Options

Replies

• _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I just leave it open, closing it doesn't stop my kids from coming in. and if I lock it they just bug me until I unlock it so they can come in. now that I think about it they seem to always need to talk while I'm in the bathroom.
  • polarsjewel
    polarsjewel Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    I have 3 cats - they seem to think the bathroom is some magical portal. If I close the door, they will sit outside yelling at me until I come out. If I don`t shut the door all the way - they will push their way into the bathroom. They`ve been know to sit on the side of the tub when I am having a bath, swatting at bubbles. No privacy ever!
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    If I am home alone, I don't close the door to shower, but I *always* close the door to do my business.
    It's just icky to me otherwise.
  • JennW130
    JennW130 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    i never close the door....lol...and i have 2 kids " small kids" and a husband who also never shuts the door. i dont know what his reasoning is...but i know as soon as i shut the door ill have a 19 month old girl banging and screaming at the door. the 4 yr old not so much now, but he use to be the same way.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I'm weird. As a kid, I would complain that my parents left the door open when they were in the bathroom.

Now I find myself NEVER closing the door. It is seriously difficult for me to remember to do it, even in public places / other people's homes.

How terrible of me D:
  • JennW130
    JennW130 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I have 3 cats - they seem to think the bathroom is some magical portal. If I close the door, they will sit outside yelling at me until I come out. If I don`t shut the door all the way - they will push their way into the bathroom. They`ve been know to sit on the side of the tub when I am having a bath, swatting at bubbles. No privacy ever!
    my cat use to do the same thing
  • Halcyon3608
    Halcyon3608 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I live with my boyfriend, and the only time either of us closes the door is if we have guests, or if one of us is showering (to keep the warm air in). Even then, we have to open the door immediately upon exiting the shower, because our cat hears when the water is turned off and whines and howls and carries on until you let him in so he can lick the dripping faucet.

Oddly enough for a one-bedroom, one-bathroom apartment, our toilet is in its own little room within the bathroom - like a stall in a public restroom, but with a full-length door. We keep it closed to keep the cats out of the garbage can, and I once had to console a deeply confused guest who couldn't find the toilet; she thought the second door was for a linen closet or something.
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    I still like to close the door if my boyfriends in, not that he does. He even comes in to take a dump when I'm relaxing in the bath
  • Countryslove
    Options
    I not only shut the door if I am home alone but lock it too but I think it is from habit.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    I shut it...

once in the beginning of our relationship I thought I was home alone and I was in a hurry so I ran to the bathroom and just went, without shutting the door....

well I wasn't alone and he came along and made a HUGE deal about how he doesn't want to see that, and I should be closing the door, etc etc...

so now i'm extra paranoid and make sure the door is shut...

HE however enjoys going to the bathroom with the door open as long as the kids aren't around, because "if the door's shut then I can't talk to you"....

:noway:

Thanks dear.....
  • MoreThanMommie
    MoreThanMommie Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I only close the door if we have guests or I am wanting to hide from my Husband and 1yr old! Then they both tend to migrate to the door and bang or scratch until I come out.

^This. Except mine are, husband, 7 year old, and 3 year old.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Never close. I want everyone to enjoy the aroma!!! :wink:
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Only when there's company is the door shut. I have 2 kids, i have given up on privacy.
  • alexsmith01
    alexsmith01 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    my cat use to do the same thing

My cat sometimes comes in the shower with me haha she walks around the bottom! She's nuts. And she refuses to drink out of her bowl, only straight from the tap, so whenever I'm in the bathroom she jumps up on the sink and waits for me to turn the tap on haha.
  • lorac321
    lorac321 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Open always. A closed door in my house means "please come talk to me through the door"
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Closed. What if I leave it open then someone comes home.....gotta do that awkward closed cheek duck walk to close the door.
  • derposaurus
    derposaurus Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Always plays out like this...

1. Wife closes door.
    2. I open it, and proceed to start conversation.

I dig it. If I get a whiff of poop, it's a bonus.

lol good job man
  • bikinibeliever
    bikinibeliever Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    Home alone=open.
  • sholtz79
    sholtz79 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I only close the door if we have guests or I am wanting to hide from my Husband and 1yr old! Then they both tend to migrate to the door and bang or scratch until I come out.

HAHA... Exactly... although I still usually have either the cat or dog that snuck in with me during my escape!!! LOL

Although mine is 4 1/2!!
  • MermaidFaith
    MermaidFaith Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I close the door if my dogs are awake because they think when i sit on the toilet it is the best time to get some petting in.

On a funny note though i walked into the break room at work one day, and a guy i work with was peeing with the bathroom door open! Lucky his back was facing me! i said, are you seriously peeing with the door open?! He panicked and was very embarrassed because he didn't even realize he forgot to close the door. A little too used to at home bathroom use lol!