30 day shred!!!!!! results

Options
13»

Replies

• lamatyl
    lamatyl Posts: 1
    Options
    Walmart...its only $10!!.. Im on day 4 of level 1 right now and im starting to get the hang of it. im not really that sore anymore but you sweat a lot!!
  • KMcBandit
    KMcBandit Posts: 65
    Options
    I just got it and done level 1, OMG ! I am sweating so much !
    Any ideas how many calories are burnt per level, I think i read somewhere it's about 215cal for level 1, is that right !

Congrats on you loss of inches btw !

I have to tell you I weigh 193 and i did level 1 just now i burned 365 :D
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    You've all inspired me to try this... can anyone tell me what other equipment is needed? Hand weights, resistance bands, etc?
  • __Jackie__
    __Jackie__ Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have been doing the Shred for about 60 days.. not in a row. At first I couldn't do it consistently. It was killer. I am now on Level 2 and doing it every day. I am a HUGE believer in this video. I have lost some weight but I am also doing cardio most days as well. The Shred has given noticeable results in my arms and quads. I have talked this video up to many people that there are about 3 or 4 people at work now doing it too and they are all HUGE fans as well. This video REALLY works if you stick to it!!!
  • Ilovedrinkingtea
    Ilovedrinkingtea Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    What weights do you lot use with the shred? Also does Jillian give you a diet plan?xx
  • jonbobfrog
    jonbobfrog Posts: 294
    Options
    I'm 5'2", 212 pounds . . . so my HRM said I'm burning about 300. You know how it is . . . the more you weigh, the more you burn! A blessing AND a curse, I guess.

Anyway, I am on Day 6 of Level 1 and I am definitely starting to feel a difference in my stamina. I still have to hold my chest still when we do bouncing cardio exercises (LOL) but my squats are getting lower and my arms are less likely to drop as far as they used to! I use 5 pound weights, unlike Jillian and her crew, who are using 3 pounders. My goal is to do the whole thing in 30 days straight. So far so good!

I personally think Jillian is REALLY ANNOYING. She's not at all motivational, in my opinion; in fact, I think she's rather condescending. I have memorized the order of the moves and watch the video on mute to see when the exercises change all while listening to my own music. (I watched Ripped in 30, which I'm going to do next, and she's even worse, ugh.)

Aaaaaaaanyway, I highly recommend this video. I supplement it with other cardio, but I really feel like it gives me a great workout. So if you're thinking about trying it, I say DO IT!! :o)
  • mamajess82
    mamajess82 Posts: 51
    Options
    I'm starting level 1 tonight. I'm ready to get shredding!!!
  • lausa22
    lausa22 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I've just finished my 3rd day at Level 1, haha. I know it doesn't seem like much, but I've heard so many stories where people lose inches off their body, I couldn't afford NOT to try it!
  • MissJecka
    MissJecka Posts: 5
    Options
    I've done the 30 Day Shred twice - once all the way through, and once just doing levels 2 and 3 (still for 30 days total). The first time I did it, I lost about 2 pounds that month, but I was also running 4 days a week and was strictly counting Calories. I also lost about 1/2 inch on my waist and 1 inch on my hips. Again, I'm not attributing this 100% to the 30DS because I was doing a lot more other than this DVD. The second time I only lost .75 pounds for the month but I was towards the end of my weight-loss journey so I didn't have as much to lose as the first time.

I personally will never to do the DVD again because I absolutely detest Jillian Michaels as a person... I just print out the routines on paper to do them if I want to, so I don't have to listen to her voice.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    can i ask where did you get the 30 day shread, and how much does it cost, im from the uk and alot of people on here talk about it and their success with it, how long is each work out and can you do level 1 for 30 days ?:smile:

I got it on Amazon for £5.93 incl postage. You can do it how you like, but I would say for best results you should do it 10 days each level and then move on, this is how it's intended by Jillian.

I'm only on level 1 day 5 and am seeing some improvement already!
  • ShellyKay67
    ShellyKay67 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with your statement about the gym vs at home workouts, if I'm at the gym when I get sore doing weights or get tired doing cardio it's so easy to stop where with a video I will force myself to keep going until they stop.

I just got the 30 day shred video in the mail today and did level 1 day 1 today. I was dripping sweat! it felt awesome!

Yeah like I said I've never been to the gym but I don't I'd do to well there haha. Good point I never though about that... I don't ever let myself quit during a work out video. I might take a few little breaks (Like jillian says you can take 5 second breaks which is what I do.) or not be able to do every repetition but I still don't stop till its done!!!

Yeah I watched the level 1 work out before doing it and I was like "really?? This looks easy!" haha... I was wrong. haha. I watched level 3 yesterday and uh... i dunno. haha. I might need a little more time on level 2 before I do that. lol My goal is to be able to do all of level 2 before I move on to level 3. Wish me luck haha

Let us know your progress after 30 days I'm interested in seeing how everyone else does.
    I'm scared to even look at level 2 and 3.......i immediately shut the dvd off after level 1 that i'm currently on! lol
  • colormeskinny2
    colormeskinny2 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Track it as 20 minutes of circuit training, at least that's what I've been told from looking around on the web.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!