Replies

• abbysmommy7
    abbysmommy7 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Yakima
  • Marll
    Marll Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Arlington, but work in Kirkland. Born in Seattle.

Wow, that's a commute!

Live in Tulalip/Marysville, work in Lynnwood, also born in Seattle. :drinker:

Just moved from Marysville to Arlington (reall just across the Smokey Point border, only about 5 miles away). Thankfully I carpool to work with 2 old friends that also work at the same place so it's not horrible. Graduated from Marysville Pilchuck in '96
  • antoniosmooth
    antoniosmooth Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Steilacoom area here. Of all the places I travel to for work (Oregon, Idaho, Colorado, Las Vegas, Utah, and Northern California) there is no place as beautiful as Washington State. Only here will you find lots of cultures, lots of "races" living together in the same areas in harmony.

The beauty of scenery on the I-90 drive from Seattle to Spokane is like God was just showing off his majesty

The waves crashing against the floating bridges of 520 is unnerving yet fantastic

The aroma of Tacoma as you pass by the Tacoma Dome, which even the EPA can't figure out, has it character all it's own

The friendly attitudes of patrons on Westlake and Eastlake makes travelers and tourist wish they had a little bit of what we have

The pedicured feet and flip flop wearing ladies during the fall and winter can only be seen here.

The Bellevue blondes, the Redmond grunge, the Tacoma soldiers and airmen, the peninsula fairies and retirees, the Spokane farmers, it's all good in WASHINGTON STATE!!

.... except the Seattle traffic.
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    I lived in Olympia area for 4 years..miss it tons..came back to Cali for a job, the market up there took a dump 3 years ago. Been trying to find my way back ever since.

When you find your way back. let me know. I will tag along. :)
  • Marll
    Marll Posts: 904 Member
    Options

Amen! One of the worst places to drive EVER. Was stationed in Germany for years and even though they have weather like we do here, they still manage to drive 100+mph without traffic or crashing into each other...:wink:
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Right around Lake Stevens (East of Everett)
  • antoniosmooth
    antoniosmooth Posts: 299 Member
    Options

Amen! One of the worst places to drive EVER. Was stationed in Germany for years and even though they have weather like we do here, they still manage to drive 100+mph without traffic or crashing into each other...:wink:

I remember when I ETSed from the Army in 92 I had a job close to Bothell Everett; my commute was from Point Defiance Zoo area in Tacoma. At that time the drive was a straight shot ZERO stop and go traffic and the duration was a 1 hour drive. Today that drive would probably take 2 hours due to traffic.

It was the .com era which ruined our traffic.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Renton here.
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Renton here, as well. Anyone from Washington, please feel free to add me.
  • Jtttusher
    Jtttusher Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Spokane :)
  • igora_soma
    igora_soma Posts: 486
    Options
    Sammamish/Redmond area :)
  • joyr1982
    joyr1982 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm in Poulsbo and work in Silverdale. Love the landscape. Hate the rain and clouds.
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options

The aroma of Tacoma as you pass by the Tacoma Dome, which even the EPA can't figure out, has it character all it's own

Agreed! I smell it everyday - I live in T-Town!
  • cannonsky
    cannonsky Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    puyallup :)
  • Jenmccabe
    Jenmccabe Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Tacoma !
  • ZombieSlayer
    ZombieSlayer Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Port Angeles
  • Jenmccabe
    Jenmccabe Posts: 15 Member
    Options

Agreed! I smell it everyday - I live in T-Town!

You can always tell when someone is not from around here when the smell grosses them out ha! We're use to it lol
  • kcharlton17
    Options
    North of Spokane. :)
  • wdruker
    wdruker Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm in Poulsbo and work in Silverdale. Love the landscape. Hate the rain and clouds.

I live in Poulsbo. I work in Silverdale, Poulsbo, Bainbridge and Bremerton (Substitute Teacher). After 10 years here, I've gotten use to it, but I'm a New Yorker at heart.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Used to live in the Tri-Cities...Kennewick to be exact. Raced sailboats every weekend on the Snake and Columbia rivers. Now live in NE Wisconsin but TOTALLY miss WA. LOVED it out there!!