Non - Scale Victories (NSV) - care to share?

Options
Trishajac
Trishajac Posts: 482 Member
Hi all,

I am fairly new to MFP and so far I'm celebrating NSV's such as (a) uping my water intake (b) logging in - for 11 days straight now (c) making better food choices ...

What are some of your NSV's that keep you motivated so you don't get hung up on the scale?

thanks!

:glasses:

Replies

• Debbie2685
    Options
    this may sound silly, but a regular size bath towel able to fit around me with no gap :) It feels good!!
  • lidybug1984
    lidybug1984 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Using my heart rate monitor for the first time and learning that my typical work out burned 687 calories!!!
  • tracferg
    tracferg Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Grocery shopping without stopping in the bakery :smile:
  • hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I have been here almost 3 months and have moved back into my skinnier clothes in the far back of my closet. The styles leave something to be desired :blushing:
  • martalaurazayas
    martalaurazayas Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    No more snacking between meals.
  • dcramsey
    dcramsey Posts: 1
    Options
    seeing a noticable difference in my endurance and ability at the gym
  • moran1917
    moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    tons of little things have popped up. i can lift the cat and dog food bags out to the car from the store without trouble anymore. my clothes fit better. have had to wear some smaller clothes. every time i run i can run further. every time i lift i find i can lift more. now when i walk my dogs the hills on the trail are easy. i can breathe better. my skin is better (i have no explaination for this). i have learned how to push myself through exercise and gained more discipline for non-exersice things in life. things in general are just better :drinker:
  • sandylion
    sandylion Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Fitting into a standard sized pair of jeans!

Realizing that I was full after a 4oz piece of fish, salad and 2 perogies where I used to eat double that!
  • hbm616
    hbm616 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    this may sound silly, but a regular size bath towel able to fit around me with no gap :) It feels good!!

That's a really great NSV! I remember feeling so embarrassed knowing a normal towel didn't cover me...

My personal NSV is being able to run! I ran 2 miles, no walking, on the bike path by my house on Sunday. A combination of my fat and asthma hindered me from running for years, but not any more :happy:
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Had one in my class today. Embarassing but cute. I taught a Zumba class and from the back, one of my mouthy girls screams out, "Your butt looks hot!!"

Note to self, *always wear these pants* :)
  • Debbie2685
    Options
    I have another!! My 6 year old gave me a hug and said mommy I can hug you better now :)
  • Meeperslove
    Meeperslove Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Mine these past couple weeks are : ran a mile non stop and ran two miles non stop (Have twisted knee caps from being thrown down a flight of stairs in 2005)
  • esphixiet
    esphixiet Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    [/quote

^THIS!!!
  • esphixiet
    esphixiet Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    My greatest NSV (so far! though it's a big one, not sure what could compete) I seem to have derailed my emotional and boredom eating. When I eat something "I shouldn't" I have looked at the choice I'm about to make, and said, "yes, I want to eat this, and no I won't regret it later". And mostly those choices were made out of necessity (carbing up before St Patrick's Day, for example), not "I want a treat/I'm sad/I'm bored".
    Treats these days are raspberries and 75% Ecuadorian chocolate, not pizza and fries like it used to be.
  • amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I am getting || this much faster when I jog - little victories!! :)
  • brickhouse76
    Options
    I still have major back fat BUT NOW, my shirts no longer gets stuck in the back fat rolls...my NSV for today...lol
  • hypersensitiveb
    hypersensitiveb Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    The girls at work got so jealous at work that the called my agency and said I was no longer aloud to use the scale in the nurses office . No joke lol

Getting addicted to exercise.

Some one at work said "wow you are loosing so much weight and so quick . How are you doing it? "

I'm to the point of being able to log my food in at the end of the day and still being on my target calories.
  • MADDIESMOMMY6611
    MADDIESMOMMY6611 Posts: 140 Member
    Options

This!!! I feel the same way but I'm not quite there.
  • Boo522
    Boo522 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    OMG I thought I was the only one that did this with the towel. Too funny!! Today was the first time I realized I was able to cross my legs comfortably also. How silly is that?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!