Non - Scale Victories (NSV) - care to share?

Options

Replies

• Trishajac
    Trishajac Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    How 'bout some other NSV's ..... anyone else want to share!! Some great ones here if you want to check them out!
  • ttaylor68913
    ttaylor68913 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    went to mexican with my mom monday.. ordered enchiladas verdes instead of the HUGE combination platters... ate the enchiladas and the guacamole salad ( guac, lettuce and tomoato) and left the rice on the plate
  • Zombriana
    Zombriana Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I have a 2fer? Hahah

Sunday I benched 110lb [FLEX]
    Monday at work I told a guy how much I benched and he goes, "You can bench your weight?"

Boo yaaa~

Btw totally don't weigh 110, I'm 130!
  • TXBelle1174
    TXBelle1174 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I have a LONG way to go but here are a few of mine:

My fat pants are ridiculously too big for me
    I bought a size smaller jeans and they are getting loose
    I pulled out two old pairs of jeans that are 2 sizes smaller than I was at my SW and they fit. They are snug, but they fit.
    Last night I put on a pair of pants AND buttoned them. I havent worn these pants in over a year
    My huge granny panties are getting saggy
    My favorite, worn out "comfy" pants now fall off of me on a regular basis
    My wedding ring is not so tight that it squishes the fat up to my knuckle (gross, I know)
    My face is getting thinner
    my spare tire is now the size of a regular spare tire instead of a monster truck tire.
    By bras are getting too big around my rib cage. The cups still fit though. :)
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Using my heart rate monitor for the first time and learning that my typical work out burned 687 calories!!!

wow!! wish I'd seen such nice numbers, when I got my HRM turned out I was overestimating my biggest workout, lol

my latest NSV - fitting into some size 6's! & sometimes... at juuust the right angle... I kinda see some upper abs ....yessssssss
  • ball858
    ball858 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    this may sound silly, but a regular size bath towel able to fit around me with no gap :) It feels good!!

Definitely^^^^

And fitting into clothes that have been in my attic for the past 3-4 years as they didn't fit before.

A bit embarrasing also - my training pants almost falling down when running today (and they are the same size my clothes are)
  • MissLuana
    MissLuana Posts: 356
    Options
    We are required to wear smocks at my job. Each year at review time, we get a new smock. This year, my smock size went from a 2x to a 1x. It's a tad bit tight when I zip it so I wear it unzipped...for now. When it zips with room to wiggle, that will be another NSV.:bigsmile:
  • NicLiving
    NicLiving Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    My daughter gave me a hug and her hands overlapped. She said, "Mommy you're getting so small"! That made my day =)
  • Sarahmeridith
    Sarahmeridith Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I can fit into L and XL shirts now instead of having XXL be too small! pants are starting to get looser but havnt lost a full size yet.

And

I can now do the intermediate level of Zumba on the wii
  • tallen3687
    tallen3687 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Mine these past couple weeks are : ran a mile non stop and ran two miles non stop (Have twisted knee caps from being thrown down a flight of stairs in 2005)

Is the ball you talk about the Marine Corps Ball?
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    1. My scrub pants nearly fell off in lab a few weeks ago. (Almost a fail, but represented a win!)

2. I found an amazing coat, but it was a size smaller (in the S/M/L sizing) than what I wore. I stood corrected; I am a size lower now.

3. I've gone down a ring size.

4. People are noticing that I'm slimming down.
  • MissLuana
    MissLuana Posts: 356
    Options
    When I am sitting on the sofa, I can bend over and paint my own toenails! I could not do that 3 months ago!
    My bike ride is getting easier. I would watch that timer thinking it would never end (30 minutes), now I could go longer if I wanted too.
    I bought some new capris Saturday that I figured would be too small (2 sizes smaller than I usually get) One pair I wore yesterday and I hope it shrinks when I wash it cause its a little big!!! The other three are a little snug, but I could actually get them on and zip them up. I usually wear stretch waist pants. These actually have a zipper! Thats a biggie for me. Two more weeks and I will be able to wear them comfortably.

LOL...I hear ya on the toenail painting :bigsmile:
  • MysteriousWays
    MysteriousWays Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    The pants I'm wearing today.....I can take off without unbuttoning.

While at the gym working out with my trainer on Monday, I owned 3 teenage girls. We were doing the ropes on a truck tire and it was killer. I was holding my own. The teens got on to do the same exercise and all I heard was, "Oh my God...how did she DO this? This is so hard!" That's right girls....and I am 24 years older. My trainer and I (both around 40) chuckled at that.
  • still_crafty
    still_crafty Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I wear ridiculously expensive suits to work so I refuse to go buy new ones until I have to. So I've become reacquainted with my sewing machine and have taken my pants in 3 times since January. (a couple pairs have the back pockets almost touching so I may have to give in soon and buy new). Thank God summer is coming and I can get away without wearing the suit jacket around the office because I've moved the buttons on my jackets once and if I do it again it will just look stupid.
  • minnesota_deere
    minnesota_deere Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    people that i am with seem to talk more about dieting and losing weight, its weird because these people never talk about it. you can tell there fishing for my 2 cents, i keep to myself.
  • DieselGrrl
    Options
    One of my NSV that I am most proud of is that April 1st will mark 4 months since I've ate any FRIED food. French fries are my favorite food! I live with my bf who eats whatever he wants, whenever he wants, so the temptation has definitely been there. Last week, I stopped at McDonalds to pick up dinner on the way home (I eat a grilled chicken snack wrap w/o dressing and a yogurt parfait) and they gave him an extra order of fries in the bag. I saw this and immediately started drooling. It took every ounce of will power not to scarf those fries down on the way home, but I did it! :)

My second NSV, was cleaning out my closet last night. I went shopping over the weekend for pants because most of mine are now too baggy in the butt and waist. I replaced my size 16's & 18's with 12's & 14's. The 14 fits great and I went ahead and got a few pair of 12's for motivation! When I went shopping (at Old Navy) I was pleasantly surprised when all of the 16's were too big and the 14's fit "just right". Its been years since I've fit into a 14. So excited!
  • tkaawa
    tkaawa Posts: 302
    Options
    :happy: :wink: :smile: I can now fit into my husbands board shorts for swimming now. I've always loved going to the beach, but not having anything to wear to the beach always got to me. But not anymore..i can fit his shorts and have no excuses..hopefully by summertime i'll be sporting nothing but a two piece.:happy:
  • AshRyd
    AshRyd Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    My boobs stick our futher than my stomach!
  • mdundon09
    mdundon09 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    My biceps are beginning to show! My husband caught me flexing in the mirror the other day :)
  • jjelizalde
    jjelizalde Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Fitting into my favorite jeans for the first time in years.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!