I'm 5'7" and my goal weight is _____________

Options

Replies

• SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    I :heart: Banks. You know, not like I :heart: my husband, but still, I :heart: you, man!!!!

LOL!

I do what I can lady!
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and my goal weight is around 133-135 pounds. When I go below 130 it looks too skinny for my frame.

I'm the same height and have the same goal. I've never gone below that, but I would imagine (like you said) that 130 would just be too skinny! :noway:
  • jlbay
    jlbay Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Well, it depends on your body structure.

I am exactly 5' 7" and my goal is 140. When I ran every day - I weighed 135 and was a size 4/6. My mom is 5' 8" and she is a size 6 at 125 lbs - but she is built totally different than I. She has no hips and very slender legs. Somehow, I got these monster hips and much more 'curvy' legs.
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

I can tell you everyone REALLY is different
    I am 5'7+ and recently went out for a GNO and of course, weight came up
    I weigh typically 129-131....my gf guessed my weight as 118 :noway:
    My friend is almost the same size as me and weighs 123 (she is pretty darn skinny)

Anyway, I came here weighing 157 in Jan 08....holding on to baby weight from #2 (my dd was 3 yrs old!)
    My initial goal was 138-140 but I continues to loose until I hit 128-129
    Now my goal is to look healthy strong and maintain that lose

I wanted to add, since lots of people have been asking/curious about a full length pic of me..I took a pic recently and added it to my profile

good luck!
    kim
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Banks is so very smart !! I'm 5' 8 " . When I weigh 160 I wear a size 8. I would love to get back to 160 but I have no way of knowing if 160 is right for me now. I might get to 175 and be in a good body fat percentile and wear a size 8. Just keep eating right and exercising girls. It is about way more than what the scale says. :smile: Cindy :heart:
  • fiftyandfit
    fiftyandfit Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7",but I'm one of the OG's (old gals).......I would like to see my numbers
    go down to 160, but more importantly I want to be healthy. Would just like to
    get rid of my "muffin top" and the puckery thighs!! I'd probably look anorexic
    if I was down in the 130's!

209964.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • lizbeth787
    lizbeth787 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and 130-132 pounds... honestly if I weighed any less, I would look like a skeleton!!!!
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    I weigh 123.6 right now my goal is 120 I am 5'3" and I also shooting for 20% body fat
  • rosabella
    rosabella Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Just so we know we are all different, I am also 5'7" and my goal is 125, but I have a lot less muscle than some of you ladies! If I reach the measurements I want before that, I will switch to maintaining... it's all about the measurements and how YOUR body looks! :happy: :heart:
  • denmother46
    denmother46 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Echo the everyone if different. My original goal was 140, then I adjusted to 135. I am also 5' 7". Final goal was based on what would be reasonable for me to maintain - cos whats the point if you have to starve or deprive yourself to stay at any give number. After I got got 135 I concentrated on gaining muscle. Stayed at the same weight for several months but was able to eat pretty much whatever I wanted due to the amount of exercise. I have been at 128 for over 6 months now and have added a good amount of muscle. The number isnt as important as how you feel - and I feel great. Full of energy and I look better in my clothes than I have in years. I could never give up food - so I decided I just have to work out enough to offset what I eat.
  • Shadeablue
    Shadeablue Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7'' ... maybe 5'8'' I don't know I haven't measured myself since High School LOL ANYWAYS... I am currently 144 Lbs, and would love to be 123 just so I could say it straight across (dumb I know lol) So that's my goal weight. I know I won't look too skinny, because when I got married at 19 (now divorced) I weighed 115, and no one ever said I looked like a skeleton. Who knows. I do however have some big ol' hips so maybe thats why LOL!

:heart: Londa

217358.png
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and my goal weight is 170-175 range. I don't believe in using the BMI for individual weight loss goals, better to go by size and fitness. When I was starving myself (300 calories a day) I dropped down to 140lbs- I looked horrible! Everyone asked me what was wrong and I even had a few people offer me information on surviving chemo!

I was in target range for my BMI but it wasn't healthy for my body at all. I've since thrown out the scale and stick to the measuring tape.

*Here's to all of us reaching our goals!*
  • OscarGirl
    OscarGirl Posts: 9
    Options
    I think what is most important is finding a weight that you can reach and then maintain. I am 5'10. I weigh 156 and I would like to get to 150 but I am generally happy between 155-157. I think I can maintain 150. In high school, I weighed 145 and while it was awesome 6 years ago, I know that today I cannot maintain that weight. I think I can maintain 150-153 and that is my goal.

I think 140 sounds about right for 5'7 but again, its about what you think you can maintain and still be happy. You don't want to be miserable and obsessing over calories all the time just to maintain 140.

And I am sorry to the men on here, but unless you are a woman, you will never understand the psychology behind what the scale says in the morning. Its important to us, regardless of what BMI range we are in.
  • carolstrange0
    carolstrange0 Posts: 134
    Options
    wow im the first 5'4'' :bigsmile:

now :130ish
    want: 118 - 120 ish
  • aeswan
    aeswan Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8", and my goal weight is 160--before children, that was the weight that my body was most comfortable at, the easiest for me to maintain and I was happy with my size.
    I have a big frame, and below 150 I look really, really skinny and I have to starve myself to maintain that.
    Pre-kids, when I weighed a little over 160, a personal trainer once guessed my weight as 148. And at the doctor's office, they'd usually be surprised that they had to move the big weight on the scale up to 150. I must be dense! :laugh:
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    5'7 current as of last week 175. Goal weight 140-145. Always been 125 all my life, even after my first kid but I need a little more meat than that 125 because I was too thin. I think 140 would be great.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Best thing to do is try to get to your goal weight then set mini goals of 5lbs or so and when you reach teh goal you think you might want to be now see how you feel, look etc. YOu might decide you feel better somewhere in the middle.

:wink:
  • kmworth
    kmworth Posts: 8
    Options
    I'm 5 foot 7 and my goal weight is 150 or less. I'm not so much concerned about the number, but about maintaining my healthy lifestyle. I think 150 iis realistic and very attainable, and at our height, 150 won't leave us looking like a twig. I definitely don't want to be too thin, and I think that losing 60 pounds or so to get to 150 would prove my dedication to my health! But hey, if I get to 170 and feel comfortable, then so be it!
  • redreamingme
    Options
    Mostly everyone here is a giant compared to me! I'm 5ft maybe 5'1 not sure. So if most of the 5'7 people want to weigh around 140-135 should I be weighing around 110-120 or something? That just seems so skinny!
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    :smile: 132... i think... It will show up on my ticker.. However i would initially like to be in the LOW 40's...