Shake weight

Options
13»

Replies

• Michellerawrrr
    Michellerawrrr Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    This thread is too flippen funny!!! :laugh: Put down the shake weight and pick up the real ones. Sorry have to keep it real, don't waste your time on gimmicks!
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    If you look up sexual activity calories burned on Google, some have "solo" as an option. That seems like an equivalent.

LOL
    Options
    Honestly I find its infomercial very hilarous. The women version promises getting a "toned" arms without getting bulky while the men's version said the opposite. When I saw those two types in sports outlets I couldn't find any difference on them except the 3lb. weight difference so I don't understand how one weight will "tone" an arm without getting bulky while the other one promises a bulk.

Maybe if your totally new to working out or out of shape then Shake Weights can be a good idea but if you've been working out for a while, its better to use the real ones.
  • khedl85
    khedl85 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    PLEASE TELL ME THEY USE THIS EXACT PHOTO FOR THEIR MARKETING!!

that is fantastic LMAO
    it is really only a worthwhile workout if you use two at a time.

snl-shake-weight-commercial-dvd.jpg
    Options
    PLEASE TELL ME THEY USE THIS EXACT PHOTO FOR THEIR MARKETING!!

that is fantastic LMAO
    it is really only a worthwhile workout if you use two at a time.

snl-shake-weight-commercial-dvd.jpg

That reminds me of a threesome video that I saw in one of my ex co-worker's cellphone :laugh:
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I saw that commercial and couldn't even take it seriously. I still think the things are a joke and complete waste of money.

White Elephant gift. :tongue:
  • Kentuckyrules
    Options
    Hmm...I do find it sad that nobody really answered the OP. Most of you just make fun of it, and probably don't even own it. Lets be honest: is it any harder than walking w/ 2.5lb weights? Seriously? If some of you are here to make fun of others whom are really asking a question, maybe you shouldn't post.

I have used one of the SW before, and its very tough. The repetition is the killer. I personally do not use it for a work out, however, if you did use it for the 6 minutes, you would sweat and your arms WOULD be tired. Any tough-guys/gals willing to actually try it to see? To the OP, I do not know how much it would burn, should be put in this sites DB.

Nope def. would not because the shake weight is a joke.. and after doing strength training with real weights(IE barbells and dumbells), that shake weight wouldn't do jack.. plus I doubt that you sweat during it.

To OP:
    I don't know, but honestly ditch it and lift some real weight... you'll be happy you did.

Again, I wouldn't doubt that "real weights" aren't a bad option, however, again, you reply in a forum looking for information w/o having any experience at all. Anything that makes you do work and raises your heart-rate should burn calories, so the OP was just curious.

The "I doubt that you sweat during it" comment is not for everyone. Some people sweat walking for 10 seconds, some don't. I am not defending the effectiveness (or lack of) of the shake weight or any other methods, I just want to point out not to give advice in an area if you know nothing about it.
  • TeriLynnSpano
    TeriLynnSpano Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hmm...I do find it sad that nobody really answered the OP. Most of you just make fun of it, and probably don't even own it. Lets be honest: is it any harder than walking w/ 2.5lb weights? Seriously? If some of you are here to make fun of others whom are really asking a question, maybe you shouldn't post.

I have used one of the SW before, and its very tough. The repetition is the killer. I personally do not use it for a work out, however, if you did use it for the 6 minutes, you would sweat and your arms WOULD be tired. Any tough-guys/gals willing to actually try it to see? To the OP, I do not know how much it would burn, should be put in this sites DB.
  • TeriLynnSpano
    Options
    Thank you very much! The SW cd workout lasts for 10 minutes NOT 6 minutes. And believe me, my muscles are burning the whole time! I also often swim for 2 hours for cardio, so I'm not lazy or terribly out of shape. You DISSERS should be ashamed of yourselves. This is a website for us to help and ENCOURAGE one another!!!:grumble:
  • TeriLynnSpano
    Options
    thank you so much!:smile:
  • TeriLynnSpano
    Options
    The shake weight is an exercise to workout your arms and such as a lot of you probably know.
    There's no option to put in shake weight for exercise & Idk how much calories it burns..
    Input? Suggestions? Comments please?:ohwell:

Get yourself a HRM (Heart Rate Monitor...the Polar FT4 with the chest strap is the best that I've found)
    You can start it when you begin your exercise...and stop it when you're done. It'll show you your exercise length, your heart rate, and your calories burned.

I love my HRM!!!

It makes it MUCH easier to keep track of calories, and add new exercises if needed!
  • TeriLynnSpano
    Options
    thank you!:smile: